Just booked my first NCL cruise! Couple questions...

Croozengal

SUPER excited to have just booked my first NCL cruise on the Getaway in Oct 2018! My go-to line is RC but we were looking at TAs and found one on NCL we liked. Figured we should do a shorter one to try them out first. Haha. I had a couple of questions about the adult only areas. Am I correct that the Spice H2O is adult only, open to all, but no water features? And the Vibe is by limited-pass, also adults only, and has waterfall areas that are kinda sit and chill spots, no pool, and there are also hot tubs? That sounds like where I'd like to be. [emoji41] Since this is my first NCL cruise, I have no priority status, so how quickly do the vibe passes sell out? Would I be dreaming thinking I could snag one? I believe you cannot purchase until you board? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a big fan of adult areas when cruising so I can avoid kids. If that is why you are looking for these areas, I don't think there will be a lot of children on a TA in October. You can't book those until you cruise so plenty of time to research but another adult only area to research is the spa.

snip Am I correct that the Spice H2O is adult only, open to all, but no water features? And the Vibe is by limited-pass, also adults only, and has waterfall areas that are kinda sit and chill spots, no pool, and there are also hot tubs? That sounds like where I'd like to be. [emoji41] snip

not correct, Spice H20 is adults only, DURING THE DAY, and has 2 hot tubs and the grotto/water feature. It was one of our favorite hangouts, never even went to the pool. Didn't try for Vibe passes so I'm no help there.

I'm a big fan of adult areas when cruising so I can avoid kids. If that is why you are looking for these areas, I don't think there will be a lot of children on a TA in October. You can't book those until you cruise so plenty of time to research but another adult only area to research is the spa.

I will check out the spa as well. Thanks!

not correct, Spice H20 is adults only, DURING THE DAY, and has 2 hot tubs and the grotto/water feature. It was one of our favorite hangouts, never even went to the pool. Didn't try for Vibe passes so I'm no help there.

Gotcha! We enjoy the solarium area on RC ships so the Spice area sounds like where we will want to be. Thanks!

The waterfall/grotto is only in Spice H2O, not in VIBE. Both have a hot tub. Spice H2O is at the rear of the ship and VIBE is at the front just behind the Haven sundeck.

Thanks! Seems I had things a little confused. Loving the look of the Vibe area and am wondering how fast the passes normally sell out. [emoji51]

Thanks! Seems I had things a little confused. Loving the look of the Vibe area and am wondering how fast the passes normally sell out. [emoji51]

Very, very quickly. Lately, usually in the first 3 boarding groups. Really just depends on how many people want in on any given sailing though.

Very, very quickly. Lately, usually in the first 3 boarding groups. Really just depends on how many people want in on any given sailing though.

I will just have to keep my fingers crossed then. Haha. How does NCL decide what boarding group you are in? Is it based on arrival at port or first checked in online? Sorry for all of the questions. It's just different when you are so used to one line and then branch out. Almost feels like my first cruise! Ha!

How does NCL decide what boarding group you are in? Is it based on arrival at port or first checked in online

Early arriving guests usually get low boarding group numbers. Many arrive hours earlier than actual boarding time. However, those will priority boarding can arrive 10 minutes before general boarding begins and they will board before those who arrived hours earlier. Priority boarding guests have the best chance to get VIBE passes.

SUPER excited to have just booked my first NCL cruise on the Getaway in Oct 2018! My go-to line is RC but we were looking at TAs and found one on NCL we liked. Figured we should do a shorter one to try them out first. Haha. I had a couple of questions about the adult only areas. Am I correct that the Spice H2O is adult only, open to all, but no water features? And the Vibe is by limited-pass, also adults only, and has waterfall areas that are kinda sit and chill spots, no pool, and there are also hot tubs? That sounds like where I'd like to be. [emoji41] Since this is my first NCL cruise, I have no priority status, so how quickly do the vibe passes sell out? Would I be dreaming thinking I could snag one? I believe you cannot purchase until you board? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Vibe passes are usually all sold by the time group 3 is called- the first folks boarding are Haven guests and then guests with the highest status as cruisers-then you are placed in groups by when you arrive at the port. We have always arrived by 9:30 and been placed in groups 3-6. I have seen folks charge the door and race (literally!) down the corridor to get to the ship and purchase the Vibe passes. It seems stressful!! :o

Vibe passes are usually all sold by the time group 3 is called- the first folks boarding are Haven guests and then guests with the highest status as cruisers-then you are placed in groups by when you arrive at the port. We have always arrived by 9:30 and been placed in groups 3-6. I have seen folks charge the door and race (literally!) down the corridor to get to the ship and purchase the Vibe passes. It seems stressful!! :o

Weather dependant too. Just back from the Getaway in the Baltic. Weather was generally sunny and about 21 degrees I only saw 2 people in vibe and less than 50% sunbed occupancy elsewhere on the ship. H20 was often completely dead.