Transport from FLL to hotel, hotel to port Everglades, and back to FLL with CAR SEAT

Tennant

Has anyone successfully booked transportation in advance with he car to go from airport to hotel, from hotel to cruise port and then back to airport after cruise? Staying at the W in ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of port Everglades. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our son will be 9.5 mth at the time of cruising. The cruise will provide but I'm a new mom and worried about germs. Plus there is very little information about the pack and plays available and our son is very long and I don't think he would be comfortable in one of the "mini" versions.

If your son is still in a carrier car seat (one with a handle), I might actually bring that with you -- especially if there is any chance that your son would actually nap in it. That way, you could head to dinner or hang out somewhere and he would have a place to "be" other than asleep in your arms. A collapsible umbrella stroller could serve the same purpose, if you were already planning to bring one of those.

That also gives you more transport options. For example, if you have your own car seat, you could get any taxi or Uber and not have to worry about whether or not the driver had a child seat available or whether that child seat was clean or whatnot. Many seats install quickly using LATCH anchors or a typical shoulder belt, if LATCH anchors are not available.

are you also bringing a stroller? If yes, consider getting a travel car seat like Cosco Scenera NEXT for $34. Bungee cord it to a stroller or a rolling suitcase, like this:

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a57092524/cosco_scenera_next_on_a_chicco_liteway_plus

kWlMJX4LlBn0diSHW3psarp13ugNuki4_lg.jpg

It installs very easily with a seatbelt (not latch), is superlight and great for travel.

also check out Travel with Children board on https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a10635/traveling_with_children

Thanks for the suggestion. After some further research it looks like we are bringing our own seat. Got quotes between $40-$80 for each leg of transportation so $120-$240 total. Since we can check the car seat for free there is no real expense to travel with it except inconvenience!

at least make sure you gate check it instead of checking it as luggage. There is no way to guarantee your car's seat safety and integrity besides using it on the plane, though. Have you seen how baggage handlers handle luggage? That's how they will handle your car seat.

We don't travel with a car seat. We have the FAA approved seat restraint system for our 14 month old for the plane. So we have a car service, Larry's Limo's, who will pick us up at the airport with a carseat in the vehicle already and take us to the hotel. We will also use this service from the hotel to the port the following morning and they will come and pick us up from the port and take us back to the airport when we return. We have used this service in prior years and they are very good. The carseat is an additional $25 cost but not having to lug around a bulky carseat is worth it to me!!

Thanks dcourt. We contacted larrys limo but I thought they were a little pricey. It's a good option though if traveling with a car seat isn't an option or you have multiple kids and can't manage all the luggage.

Thanks dcourt. We contacted larrys limo but I thought they were a little pricey. It's a good option though if traveling with a car seat isn't an option or you have multiple kids and can't manage all the luggage.

The way I look at transportation - I have just spent thousands and thousands of dollars for this vacation - I am not going to worry over less than $500 for the convenience of them helping with getting my luggage to the car and then transporting my luggage and us safely - there are two adults plus the 14 month old, 6 large pieces of luggage and the 14 month old in a stoller - no way we could handle all of that so we don't for a few extra dollars. Just our way of looking at vacation I guess. If I have to pinch pennys while on vacation then maybe we shouldn't go.

The way I look at transportation - I have just spent thousands and thousands of dollars for this vacation - I am not going to worry over less than $500 for the convenience of them helping with getting my luggage to the car and then transporting my luggage and us safely - there are two adults plus the 14 month old, 6 large pieces of luggage and the 14 month old in a stoller - no way we could handle all of that so we don't for a few extra dollars. Just our way of looking at vacation I guess. If I have to pinch pennys while on vacation then maybe we shouldn't go.

That’s nice you have such flexibility. Some of us can only travel because we are willing to pinch pennies. You should have seen DH and I changing planes with four kids under 6 and four car seats to save $300. But that $300 savings meant buying longer WDW tickets, so we grinned through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s nice you have such flexibility. Some of us can only travel because we are willing to pinch pennies. You should have seen DH and I changing planes with four kids under 6 and four car seats to save $300. But that $300 savings meant buying longer WDW tickets' date=' so we grinned through it.

[/quote']

let me hug your post. Seriously. I agree 100%.

Thanks for the kind replies! I thought the one response up above was a bit rude also. $500 for Transporation after the cost the airfare seems a bit excessive to me. We are definitely budget travelers which allows us to travel in the first place!

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my receipt for super shuttle, it allowed 8 same price if 2 4b1193fffd02ed980681c1a42514a978.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last time we reserved these guys out of FLL for a group of 8 adults and 2 kids, they didnt show up at the port with no messages for being late or that they were on their way and no apologies whatsoever. We had even confirmed reservation prior to the trip.

I just booked with a company the hotel we are staying at recommended. They are providing the car seats at no additional cost. No experience with them yet as we are not going until early next year.

Can you provide the company name? I'd love to get a quote!

Can you provide the company name? I'd love to get a quote!

It's ISA TRANSPORTATION Email: isatransportation@yahoo.com

As I said I haven't used them yet. They were recommended by the hotel we are staying at and they were very nice and answered all my questions prior to booking with them.

Thanks! They responded right away and have very reasonable pricing. Haven't found a website which does make me a little nervous but we sail next month so I'll let you know how it all works out!