Sky to Cuba trips shortened

tallyho8

Norwegian just announced that the Sky trips to Cuba in March and April have been shortened from 8 AM Tuesday arrival to 9AM and from 5 PM departure on Wednesday to 2 PM.

This is because the ship will be going slower due to "maintenance problems".

I was expecting this. When I was researching my April 30 cruise I noticed Royal Caribbean arrived in port on Wed at 4pm. I knew they both couldn't be there at the same time. Guess they won & we lost. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with maintenance.

This is terrible! I woke this morning to see this news from my TA. The cruise was pricey I’ll let you know what if any onboard credit they may issue. I’m not expecting ANY compensation though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WHAT?WHAT?🙀How did you find out? Say this is not so! We are on the April 9th cruise. We have booked an afternoon tour thru the ship, what happens now?

We are on this sailing too. Received an email yesterday from NCL. They made adjustments to some of their ship sponsored tours, mostly affecting the second day in Havana.

We are on the April 30 cruise and we also had to make some excursion changes. They have canceled one of the excursions we were scheduled for on our second day in Cuba. This morning I called them and was able to switch our days around so we can still do all we had planned but now just on opposite days.

:mad:We sail out 3/26, and just received the email this morning. I am pretty upset, our tour for the second day was canceled by ncl yesterday with no explanation. So I ended up booking a private tour yesterday. Now I am out the cost of the tour as we are leaving 3 hours earlier. This cruise was more expensive than some of the 7-10 day cruises. We booked it for Cuba and now have 4 hours less. Ugh!

I have found NCL very difficult to work with if problems arise. :mad:

I have been on hold with the excursions desk for the past hour+. I just noticed that we are also delayed getting into great stirrup bay as well. The 3/26 sailing will be sharing the island with the escape at 4200 people. We were to arrive an hour earlier than them now we are an hour later.:mad: It will be fun trying to find chairs.

Why did ncl put out that it was a maintenance issue when it wasn’t? How about just telling the truth, that we drew the short stick and lost our time in port to another cruise line. Honesty is always the best policy, may not be the prettiest answer.

Why did ncl put out that it was a maintenance issue when it wasn’t? How about just telling the truth, that we drew the short stick and lost our time in port to another cruise line. Honesty is always the best policy, may not be the prettiest answer.

this might be a old topic, but maintenance problems issues can be anything. if a ship can not maintain an overall average sailing speed between ports, the times will need to be adjusted to make it port on time at a slower speed.

The 3/26 cruise being shortened was NOT a maintenance issue per many top staff members. Per numerous staff and our private Havana tour guide, Royal caribbean has priority for Havana dock space. My 3/36 sailing missed the private island due to "weather". I would love to know if the 4200 Escape made it to the island. I am slightly bitter and felt a bit shorted on our cruise.

Norwegian just announced that the Sky trips to Cuba in March and April have been shortened from 8 AM Tuesday arrival to 9AM and from 5 PM departure on Wednesday to 2 PM.

This is because the ship will be going slower due to "maintenance problems".

FYI Priceline is misleading, claiming Departure is 6PM on the 2nd day. It's 6AM.

https://cruises.priceline.com/sc.do?tab=itin&i=903268&c=34&v=690&Month=05/01/2018&ldMonth=05/31/2018&d=05/01/2018&d2=05/31/2018&IncludeAlumniRates=false&IncludeSeniorRates=false

6PM.thumb.PNG.136c9df10c770442499e06c46c45d758.PNG

This is terrible! I woke this morning to see this news from my TA. The cruise was pricey I’ll let you know what if any onboard credit they may issue. I’m not expecting ANY compensation though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After what happened on the Sun I would not expect anything unless you can get some liberal media hosts to go to bat for you.

It was 6PM. They just changed it to 2PM, not 6AM.

For a while I was seeing 6AM departure, that is why didn't book again. not really 2 days in port. Did Sky to Cuba when it arrived 7am day one and left 2pm day two and felt that was a bit short. Would have been happy to stay until late night on day two and have a sea day instead of GSC.