Patrick's Tour Bora Bora - length?

pacheco18

We went on the tour last May when on the PG. We went to the Bora Bora motu in the morning for a couple of hours, came back and had lunch before going on the tour around 1. Think it lasted around 3-4 hours. It was a great time--Patrick is lots of fun!

We just came back from the South pacific on HAL yesterday and did Patrick's tour in Bora Bora - it was the highlight of our trip. We met around 9:30 am; went first to a snorkel place with lots of fish; then to a second location with rays; then to a third location with sharks; then to a private motu where we had a wonderful lunch and spent more time in the water; then the boat trip back to the pier, arriving around 3:30 - 4:00 pm - a six to seven hour day. All I can say is if you miss Bora Bora with Patrick, you've missed Bora Bora:)

Ya Ya

We had a great day with Patrick last fall. We did the 3/4 Day Lagoon and Motu Picnic. We filled all three of Patrick's boats (12 in each). Time was 9:30 to approximately 3 as I remember. Some of us were dropped off at Bloody Mary's on the way back to the ship, and we took a shuttle ($5 ea) from B Mary's back to the ship. The 4x4 tour was not a part of our excursion. We paid $110 pp.

We have booked Patrick's tour for our stop there during our coming Tahitian Treasures tour on the Pacific Sun. There are 16 now booked for the tour and it is costing us $110per adult and $55 per child. (that is US$)

More info on the roll call board for this cruise.

Peter

• 1 month later...
If you want to see pictures of Patrick's tours check out my blog and look at the 2 Bora Bora days. Absolutely amazing days!!

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

Karen thank you for sharing your link. What an awesome trip and website! We are booked with Patrick for Bora Bora for the snorkeling and motu lunch. Can hardly wait after seeing your pictures!

Kween Karen: May I post a link to your marvelous dream cruise on our roll call. We are on the 30 day

Rotterdam Hawaii/South Pacific Cruise and will be visiting some of the islands you did on the first portion of your cruise. You are such a wonderful photographer.

I am also anxiously awaiting your Alaska Cruise Blog.

Jane

Not a problem...you are very welcome to post the link. The more people who can enjoy and learn from my blog the better. It was a LOT of work and took a LOT of time.....so please enjoy.

I am trying to figure outhow to spend less time in the future. I will practice that in Alaska.

Does someone who has taken this tour recall beginning and end times? I am trying to figure out which day in Bora Bora to book it.

Me too, on December 26th or 27th. Ideas?? OR, scuba on Bora Bora, a good dive shop???

...tour boat with Patrick (our CC group actually expanded to utilize all three of Patrick's boat for the 3/4 day Lagoon /motu tour) we we're able to extend the tour an extra hour. Something like 9-4 if I recall.

Patrick will make sure you will be back in time for departure /dinner, etc.

Like Karen (who I might add, has a wonderful album; a very talented lady IMO) we spent Day #1 on the Lagoon tour and Day #2 on Patrick's 1/2 day 4X4 tour followed by a swim & snorkel @Matira beach nearby Patrick's 'digs'.

He's a wonderful man. It will be a memorable tour if you decide to take one or all of his tours. If you do take his tour tell him Bob, Judy & Biera say hello!

If interested, there are some pictures of the recent Bora Bora tours posted on my Picasa site (just scroll down to the Bora Bora folders) that you'll find below my signature.

Have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone give me a link to Patrick's tours? If you have to email me it is smara6344 at aol dot com. Thanks. Did a ship's tour the last time but it sounds like you had a great time with Patrick.

Patrick's tour in Bora Bora was one of the best I have ever taken. Did it last year on the Grand Australia. If someone is setting one up I would love to do it again.

I'll chime in with another positive review. I did the full day on July 9 before we were at sea 2 days for the solar eclipse.

Views from the hills on the morning 4x4 tour were spectacular, including from the WWII gun emplacements.

Motu lunch of Polynesian dishes cooked in the ground, eaten at a table in a foot of water with the view of Bora Bora.

I'm a diver and usually enjoy that more than snorkeling, but the snorkeling afternoon definitely exceeded expectations. First snorkel was outside the reef with lots of black tips and a few lemon sharks. I had seen a lot of these diving, but I don't think most snorkel boats go outside like that. Second stop was in the shallow water ray feeding spot. Big rays, 4 foot wingspans. Third stop was a typical coral/fish variety stop. Lots of fish diversity, but as I saw all over FP the coral is in poor shape from the crown of thorns sea star damage.

• 1 month later...
We just came back from the South pacific on HAL yesterday and did Patrick's tour in Bora Bora - it was the highlight of our trip. We met around 9:30 am; went first to a snorkel place with lots of fish; then to a second location with rays; then to a third location with sharks; then to a private motu where we had a wonderful lunch and spent more time in the water; then the boat trip back to the pier, arriving around 3:30 - 4:00 pm - a six to seven hour day. All I can say is if you miss Bora Bora with Patrick, you've missed Bora Bora:)

Ya Ya

Is this the full day or 3/4 day tour?

Archived