AzAmazing Evenings: general question

eileenover

When, on a cruise, do AzAmazing Evenings occur? Of course neither the first or last nights...

Early in a cruise? Mid? Late?

I guess it all depends on the itinerary...

Where have people had AA evenings? Which ports?

Thanks.

You’re right, when the Azamazing evening is on a cruise depends on the itinerary.

We have been to them in Cyprus, Ravenna (Italy), St Marten (Caribbean), Aqaba (Middle East), Safaga (Egypt), Bangkok (Thailand), Panama City.

Of those 3 were held on board. In St Marten & in Panama City it was because of rain. In Safaga we were told it was for security reasons.

The best was in Bangkok, which was, indeed, Azamazing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our recent cruise on Journey the Azamazing evening was held in Amsterdam as we had an overnight stop there. It was a great evening. Everyone was taken on a canal boat ride to the Maritime museum where we could take a look at some of the exhibits before drinks, nibbles and a varied concert before being taken back to the ship by canal boat. Very well organised and well worth attending.

Lynne:)

On our recent cruise on Journey the Azamazing evening was held in Amsterdam as we had an overnight stop there. It was a great evening. Everyone was taken on a canal boat ride to the Maritime museum where we could take a look at some of the exhibits before drinks, nibbles and a varied concert before being taken back to the ship by canal boat. Very well organised and well worth attending.

Lynne:)

Weren’t the young violinist and singer fantastic? Probably the most memorable performances of any Azamazing Evening I’ve been to.

Phil

I have never been to a bad evening. Some have been less to my taste (e.g. Wadi Rum, though it was good to realise the culture and why the locals thought is was great!) many have been absolutely memorable. You need and open mind and not go with pre conceived views of what you would like or not like. A case in point, the Copenhagen Boys Choir who were singing unknown Danish pieces. It was the most memorable, inspiring show of young talent.

I think it’s usually held on an evening when there is a late night in port. On my recent cruise it was a cello concert at an outdoor venue in Split, Croatia. Pretty amazing!

Anna Renick..speeding is wrong but she is great. Would love to hear again.

Bonnie- we are booked on the March 25th sailing from Miami to NYC. (Cuba and Carribean).  I just noticed that this is considered a repositioning cruise.  Will we have an Amazing Evening?

Than you for all your help.

Gail

On 10/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, eileenover said:

When, on a cruise, do AzAmazing Evenings occur? Of course neither the first or last nights...

Early in a cruise? Mid? Late?

I guess it all depends on the itinerary...

Where have people had AA evenings? Which ports?

Thanks.

On our recent cruise on Journey from Rome to Barcelona Oct 6th thru the 15th the AzAmazing evening was on the second night in Livorno at the opera house featuring four sopranos and was a great performance but I would have preferred  the AzAmazing evening a little later in the cruise.

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Transatlantic cruises don’t have Azamazing evenings.

This isn’t a transatlantic.  It is a Cuba and Caribbean cruise. Miami to NYC.  It was not advertised as transatlantic.  When I pulled up the excursion brochure is the first time

saw the term “repositioning “ used.

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Transatlantic cruises don’t have Azamazing evenings.

5 hours ago, pjbmontana said:

On our recent cruise on Journey from Rome to Barcelona Oct 6th thru the 15th the AzAmazing evening was on the second night in Livorno at the opera house featuring four sopranos and was a great performance but I would have preferred  the AzAmazing evening a little later in the cruise.

11 hours ago, gwcruzer said:

This isn’t a transatlantic.  It is a Cuba and Caribbean cruise. Miami to NYC.  It was not advertised as transatlantic.  When I pulled up the excursion brochure is the first time

saw the term “repositioning “ used.

Sorry, my mistake. Repositioning doesn’t make any difference. We’ve done Athens to Dubai 3 times, which is a repositioning cruise and we’ve had an Azamazing evening every time. I’ve had a look at your cruise and it’s impossible to even guess which night it will be as you’re in port until late at every port except Cuba.

6 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

How far out do you know the AZ evening?  We are on the 5/28 Journey sailing with one overnight and 3 late night departures.  Would like to make plans for the other nights accordingly.

In the past these have been scheduled well ahead of the cruise date, but since Azamara acquired the Pursuit they have sometimes not been known until a month or so before the cruise, although this seems to apply more to Cuba, which is a new destination for Azamara.

Lets hope you find about your earlier than that.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 2:48 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You’re right, when the Azamazing evening is on a cruise depends on the itinerary.

We have been to them in Cyprus, Ravenna (Italy), St Marten (Caribbean), Aqaba (Middle East), Safaga (Egypt), Bangkok (Thailand), Panama City.

Of those 3 were held on board. In St Marten & in Panama City it was because of rain. In Safaga we were told it was for security reasons.

The best was in Bangkok, which was, indeed, Azamazing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you remember if it was the first or second night in Bangkok?  We dock in the afternoon on the first day and were hoping to do a night tuk tuk tour and see the city at night and get dinner at a restaurant there as well.  We are touring the second day and should be back before 6 pm that night.  I hope that makes more sense for the Amazing evening.  Other overnights are a night in Saigon and another in Halong Bay (that one makes no sense) or the last night of the cruise in Singapore (also makes little sense).

26 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Do you remember if it was the first or second night in Bangkok?  We dock in the afternoon on the first day and were hoping to do a night tuk tuk tour and see the city at night and get dinner at a restaurant there as well.  We are touring the second day and should be back before 6 pm that night.  I hope that makes more sense for the Amazing evening.  Other overnights are a night in Saigon and another in Halong Bay (that one makes no sense) or the last night of the cruise in Singapore (also makes little sense).

Just had a look at our photos from the cruise and it was on the first night in Bangkok, but that doesn’t mean yours will be. It could also be in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) - from reading posts in CC people have also really enjoyed the Azamazing evening when it was in Ho Chi Minh too.

Host Grandma Cruising: Can you confirm the AzAmazing event for the 12/21/18 Journey sailing (with the date and start time)? Strong rumor on the Roll Call board indicates the following:

A new shore excursion  - The AzAmazing Evening brings us to the wonders of one of Colombia’s most unique piano shows at the Teatro Heredia, a theater inside a 17th century church.: 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/dk/shore-excursion-details/CA63

However, it still does not appear on the (US based) Trip Planner site. The sailing date is less than eight weeks away. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, NorthWestPassage said:

Host Grandma Cruising: Can you confirm the AzAmazing event for the 12/21/18 Journey sailing (with the date and start time)? Strong rumor on the Roll Call board indicates the following:

A new shore excursion  - The AzAmazing Evening brings us to the wonders of one of Colombia’s most unique piano shows at the Teatro Heredia, a theater inside a 17th century church.: 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/dk/shore-excursion-details/CA63

However, it still does not appear on the (US based) Trip Planner site. The sailing date is less than eight weeks away. Thanks.

I just had a look at your cruise on Azamara.co.uk and there it shows the Azamazing evening as the one in the Teatro Heredia - here’s a link to the page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/voyage/jr15l003/15-night-cuba-caribbean-holiday-voyage

• 3 weeks later...

New to Azamara and have scheduled B2B on the Pursuit in May. The second is a short 5-day cruise with access to the FI race in Monaco.  I do not see an AzAmazing Evening listed at this point. My question is there always an AzAmazing evening, even on the shorter cruises. Same question for White Night Party. Our favorite cruise line so far is Windstar.  Love the casual camaraderie of guests and attentive staff. Reading about Azamara, we are hopeful to find the same comfortable relaxing setting and friends.

Our favourite so far is the evening we spent  in Koper, Slovenia, listening to the fabulous acapella choir - Perpetuum Jazzile. It was a perfect example of an Azamazing Evening being so much more than the description given beforehand. You never really know ‘what you’re going to get’ on these evenings: some are undoubtedly better than others (due to personal taste), but they are always a special experience.