I am trying to figure out excursions for a cruise next spring. We are going to cozumel, Roatan, Belize and Grand Cayman.

We know we want to do the Mayan ruins in Belize.

We want to snorkel but we aren’t sure which of the remaining three would be the best snorkeling open. We also want a beach day somewhere but we aren’t sure where. I also don’t know if we should combine the beach day and snorkeling, or if it would be worth it to snorkel multiple days. We’re also interested in a glass bottom boat tour.

We would appreciate any advice/experience. Thank you!

In Cozumel this past February, we booked a glass bottom boat + snorkel tour through the cruise ship. It was great - we went to a local resort where we did the glass bottomed boats first, then snorkelled over some of the same spots for a better view. We then had time at the resort to relax on the beach. Only downside is that a good snorkelling beach is often rocky, which was the case there. Not the best for a beach day if you like swimming in the waves. But if you just want to lay in the sun, it was great.

Good snorkeling options in Roatan and Cozumel. Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman or West End in Roatan are good beach options. Lamanai is a great option for ruins in Belize.

Check under each of the ports forums in Ports of Call then Caribbean for more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Cozumel I would suggest Chankanaab Beach. http://www.cozumelparks.com/en/chankanaab-en/ It would have snorkeling, beach time, shops, restaurants, you can pay to swim with dolphins or sea lions. You do not have to do an excursion there, just grab a cab and when you want to return grab another cab back.

I agree swimming with the sting rays in Grand Caymen should not be missed. Try and get an early tour, then you can still go to the beach.

In Roatan, we have taken a cab over to Foster's Beach.

I recommend you go to the official tourist sites for the islands you are stopping at to at least get some ideas on where to go and how to get there. On Cruise Critic, go to the ports forums. Trip Advisor is another good research tool.

• 3 months later...

In Belize see the Mayan Ruins of Altun Ha. Make sure to go with King David. We used him this past December and this was the greatest tour we have been on to date. He can accommodate groups/parties of most any size. His communication is great. Prices, well let's just say he should charge more! Find him on Facebook/Facebook Messenger www.facebook.com/AlTourNativeBelizeServices.

David Castillo  kingdavidbelizetours@gmail.com

IMG_20181220_111949042.jpg

• 3 months later...

In Roatan we hired a private driver who took us to a wildlife refuge with butterfly gardens, native animals, and monkey to hold. Then he drove us to West Bay Beach, where the water is crystal clear and you can rent snorkel equipment, or just walk out and see the fish right below. Cost of the whole day was much cheaper than a shore excursion.