Roll Call Seabourn Spirit 15-11-2009 Lisbon-Ft. Lauderdale

Seabourn-nail

• 3 weeks later...

Marja

Had I not booked the Odyssey Maiden TA Cross, Oct. 31st I would have been aboard the Spirit Crossing. This will be a marvelous, fun voyage ~~the Spirit Sister will be all "spruced up" after her dry dock. I believe Captain Geir-Arne will be at the helm.

Have a good Sunday!:p

Martita B.

Marja

Had I not booked the Odyssey Maiden TA Cross, Oct. 31st I would have been aboard the Spirit Crossing. This will be a marvelous, fun voyage ~~the Spirit Sister will be all "spruced up" after her dry dock. I believe Captain Geir-Arne will be at the helm.

Have a good Sunday!:p

Martita B.

Hi Martha!

I think you will have a great time on the Odyssey; we hope to cruise her in August. Of course this ship will be different from the triplets, but we have sailed on Silversea ships as well and never thought they are TOO big (just not as warm as Seabourn....).

I don't think captain GA will be on the Spirit November crossing as he will be on the Legend April crossing.

Marja

Marja

Evidently the Captains will again be playing musical chairs. :confused:"Master" plans are still on the back burner on Blue Lagoon Dr.

Capt. Anderssen now on the Legend ~~Captain Buer and Dexter soon to be on the Odyssey ~~and I haven't heard who will join Capt. Elliott aboard the Pride.

I haven't sailed with Hot Man Vitor in years ~~will be anxious to see him this year when the Spirit comes back to the America's.

MB

Already booked on Legend, Pride and Odyssey this year, we decided to book this year's Westbound crossing on the Spirit!

Who will be joining us?

Marja

Marja,

WOW-EE that is awesome —booking a cruise on each Seabourn ship!! :cool: Now if everything "falls into place" in the other areas of your life (deep down I feel it will!), then your goal for 2010 should be to book and take a cruise on all five Seabourn ships: the Pride, Spirit, Legend, Odyssey and Sojourn! :D

Of course we will all await yor return home for your wonderful photos and videos. Best to you and René and have a great week. :)

Hi Martha!

I think you will have a great time on the Odyssey; we hope to cruise her in August. Of course this ship will be different from the triplets, but we have sailed on Silversea ships as well and never thought they are TOO big (just not as warm as Seabourn....).

I don't think captain GA will be on the Spirit November crossing as he will be on the Legend April crossing.

Marja

Martha, You could be right about capt. GA being on this crossing in November (the Spirit), because he is going back there in September!

Marja

• 4 months later...

Well I booked us on our second Seabourn cruise (last one Caribbean in 1992) and we will be going on the Spirit from Lisbon on November 15. Now just waiting is PAINFUL!! We are so looking forward to a transatlantic and having many nice sea days w/o e-mail/iPhone/WORK! We have booked an A2 (which there was a promotion for the same price as an A) but are in Suite 227. I have been wondering if suites on the "port" (south side) would be better with the sun more southernly... But the only suites over there are 202 (way forward) or 224 which only has a shower. I am debating as unlike most cruises, on this one the ship is going in just one direction for the whole time. Also debating as we don't really take baths but this is a luxury that my wife might enjoy! At 6' 6" I am too large for most tubs (got to watch for hitting my head in the halls!).

Any advice from experienced Transatlantic travelers?

Well I booked us on our second Seabourn cruise (last one Caribbean in 1992) and we will be going on the Spirit from Lisbon on November 15. Now just waiting is PAINFUL!! We are so looking forward to a transatlantic and having many nice sea days w/o e-mail/iPhone/WORK! We have booked an A2 (which there was a promotion for the same price as an A) but are in Suite 227. I have been wondering if suites on the "port" (south side) would be better with the sun more southernly... But the only suites over there are 202 (way forward) or 224 which only has a shower. I am debating as unlike most cruises, on this one the ship is going in just one direction for the whole time. Also debating as we don't really take baths but this is a luxury that my wife might enjoy! At 6' 6" I am too large for most tubs (got to watch for hitting my head in the halls!).

Any advice from experienced Transatlantic travelers?

Hi TravelHop!

We will be on your cruise!......... Even more so, we will be your neighbours in 225.......... very quiet, closing the door gently/quietly and the drawers, we don't smack them......... I'm hardly ever in the suite........ my husband is more often! We will have to do with shower only this time, because we added a few days to our cruise........ till St. Thomas!

Marja

Hi TravelHop!

We will be on your cruise!......... Even more so, we will be your neighbours in 225.......... very quiet, closing the door gently/quietly and the drawers, we don't smack them......... I'm hardly ever in the suite........ my husband is more often! We will have to do with shower only this time, because we added a few days to our cruise........ till St. Thomas!

Marja

Well - that is uncanny that we will be neighbors! I THINK we are pretty quiet too. Since you are on the same side of the ship and are such an experienced T/A traveler, I assume you think there is not much difference being on the south or north side of the ship? I am still debating about Shower vs Tub. I am sure these little things are nothing when basking in the luxury that is a Seabourn cruise!:D

Hello Seabourn-Nail; and Travelhop, this is Howard and Derek from Sunny Ft. Lauderdale, throwing our hats into the ring on this lovely,:) we hope, crossing. Looking forward to meeting you all on board.

Howard

Hi Howard and Derek,

We look forward to meeting you on this trip also. We live (most of the time) in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL - just outside of Jacksonville. We will probably just jump on a Southwest flight from Lauderdale to JAX when we get back the day after Thanksgiving.

John and Dawn

John & Dawn, I was just thinking that it wouldn't be that long till the cruise when I noticed your countdown clock and that woke me up. Oh well, what can one do. BTW, we are taking the Spirit this year instead of the Legend, because it will allow us to spend Thanksgiving at sea, instead of trying to figure out who to "do the holidays" with. Happy Summer all,

Howard

Now the Thanksgiving thing is funny because the exact same thing went through Dawn and my minds while trying to decide between the 2 Trans-Atlantic trips. We settled on the Spirit partly because of taking away the family Thanksgiving controversy! Now parents, kids and grandkids can decide amount themselves where to spend Thanksgiving and we won't be pulled or pulling :D. Now what to do about Christmas and New Years :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

We hope to be on this cruise (for a change on the Spirit) embarking in Lisbon on the 15th of November and staying on until St. Thomas where we will arrive December 2nd.

Who will be joining us?

(I will miss my Legend crossing friends though..... sorry!)

Marja

Marja, have I lost my mind? Wasn't there another thread for this crossing? I have looked everywhere, and of course can't find it, but this is very strange.

Regardless, Count me and my partner, Derek in. This will be our 3rd crossing on Seabourn and need this vacation very much. Luckily there will be 12 days and only one port.:) This is the kind of cruise we like the most.

We look forward to meeting you and your husband, on board the "Spirit".

Howard

Marja, have I lost my mind? Wasn't there another thread for this crossing? I have looked everywhere, and of course can't find it, but this is very strange.

Regardless, Count me and my partner, Derek in. This will be our 3rd crossing on Seabourn and need this vacation very much. Luckily there will be 12 days and only one port.:) This is the kind of cruise we like the most.

We look forward to meeting you and your husband, on board the "Spirit".

Howard

Howard,

I merged this thread with a previous thread that was also started by Marja. No, you are not losing your mind. ;)

Host Dan

Howard,

I merged this thread with a previous thread that was also started by Marja. No, you are not losing your mind. ;)

Host Dan

Thank you Dan!

I really have been searching for my first thread for a while, but wasn't able to find it! Now I see why: I used different words....

Thanks again!

Marja

Well Marja, as you already know, Paul and I switched from the Legend and are now booked for the Spirit crossing! We are both so excited. This will be our first time on the Spirit and I know we will have a wonderful time. We're also staying on until St Thomas. I've already started checking out information on snorkeling there. See you soon!

Ginger and Paul

Hello all,

We've uh'med and ahh'ed for months over which of the luxury lines for our honeymoon, and we've locked in a deposit on this voyage after using this site (thank you Cruisers!) and the 2009 "Berlitz guide to Cruising" handbook. So we're cautiously confident it will be a good fit with our temperaments.

We looked at a Med sailing, but all that racing around picturesque villages on a daily basis seemed too exhausting, considering how draining things have been planning our nuptials, and the fact that we have to fly half way around the world (and back) just to do the cruises we want to do! So a leisurely crossing it is to be...

After mucking about on boats in my 'gap year' in 1984, I had a very ordinary cruise back in 1995, so after a long time away licking my sea sores (lovely imagery!) I'm back for another shot. In truth, my '95 cruise was booked on the basic attraction of price only, so in hindsight, what did I expect?:rolleyes:

My DW's sea experience extends to sailing 'Toppers' -and once, a shambolic day on a trawler deep-sea retching off San Francisco.

We're hoping that we'll find the right balance of good company, refined but relaxed suroundings, a few nights of glamour (we love dressing up!)

A satisfying mix of lazing about -but not being at a loss for some casual amusement, smooth seas, some amazing meals, and, speaking for myself, a glass of drinkable bubbly never too far from my sticky little paw!

Is that asking too much of the Spirit?:cool:

Archived