Prime 7 on Regent Seven Seas Cruises (Plus Menu)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Luxury Cruising
Is it a state of mind?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:37 AM.
Washington State
22,831 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
This is definitely in my wheelhouse. My view of P7 (Prime 7) is that it is inconsistent. They have wonderful crab legs (who would have thought that of a steak house?). However, other items may not be cooked to perfection which is an expectation of Regent guests.

One time the food was so "off" that we decided to not go to that dining venue again. When the Food and Beverage Director heard about this he almost begged us to try it again so we did. This time it was perfection. I still feel that if you cannot get a perfect meal unless you are dining with the F&B Director, there is a problem.

We continue to go there with mixed results. Our preference is to get a great Filet Mignon in CR (Compass Rose - the main dining room).
CA, USA
13,826 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by Travelcat2
This is definitely in my wheelhouse. My view of P7 (Prime 7) is that it is inconsistent. They have wonderful crab legs (who would have thought that of a steak house?). However, other items may not be cooked to perfection which is an expectation of Regent guests.

One time the food was so "off" that we decided to not go to that dining venue again. When the Food and Beverage Director heard about this he almost begged us to try it again so we did. This time it was perfection. I still feel that if you cannot get a perfect meal unless you are dining with the F&B Director, there is a problem.

We continue to go there with mixed results. Our preference is to get a great Filet Mignon in CR (Compass Rose - the main dining room).
Just imagine if Prime 7 were perfection all the time. Regent would bill itself and a nine star cruise line.
DC Metro Area, USA
605 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Love Prime 7. My husband and I do our own version of surf and turf. One of us will get the bone in rib eye and the other will get crab legs ( or scallops) and we split it up.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed/Sailing:
June 2018 -- Norway
Sep 2017 - Celebrity Summit - Canada/New England
May 2017 - Amazon
Feb 2016 - Crown Princess - B2B West Coast Getaways
Nov 2015 - Seven Seas Mariner - R/T Cape Town South Africa
Feb 2015 - Star Princess - Baja Mexico
May 2014 - Golden Princess - Alaska
Oct 2013 - Seven Seas Mariner - Istanbul to Rome
Sep 2011 - Seven Seas Navigator - Panama Canal
Aug 2010 - Seven Seas Navigator - Alaska -- Got me hooked.