Q&A: The Birth of Azamara Cruises

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Luxury Cruising
Is it a state of mind?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:11 AM.
Florida
3,995 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I did not read the whole article. We cruised on the Azamara Journey when it was recently acquired by Celebrity from the defunct Renaissance line. It was a fine cruise and not yet rebranded 'Club'. I also remember two Renaissance ships stranded in Papeete's port.
Doesn't have the premium cruise sector a lot of competition now with the addition of Viking Ocean? We cruise for the itinerary only and actually wound up with Azamara Quest for our Japan cruise in 2019. This cruise sells so well that other people must want it for he same reasons. The competitors have less ports.
Miami, FL
372 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Laura, I think we've had quite enough of your 'hit and runs' with non-luxury related and obviously NOT brand-new articles. Can you give it a rest?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES
Scenic Eclipse - Mediterranean, September 14th, 2018
Regent Explorer - Caribbean, February 9th, 2018
Celebrity Reflection - Exotic Caribbean, November 17th, 2017

PAST CRUISES
Enchantment of the Seas - Irma Evacuation Cruise to Nowhere, September 8, 2017
Azamara Quest - Venice & the Amalfi Coast, July 14th, 2017
Celebrity Reflection - Southern Caribbean, November 12th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas - Bahamas, Inaugurals, November 8th, 2016
Empress of the Seas - Shakedown Cruise to Nowhere, May 26th, 2016
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, November 15th, 2015
Norwegian Epic - Western Caribbean, March 30th, 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean, March 9th, 2013

THE CRUISE THAT GOT AWAY
Regent Explorer - Mediterranean, October 4th, 2016
Texas
4,037 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by towel-animal
Laura, I think we've had quite enough of your 'hit and runs' with non-luxury related and obviously NOT brand-new articles. Can you give it a rest?
If you were paying something to be here, I'd agree with you, however, I just look at these kind of articles as the advertising required to keep a free site going.
1,253 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Texas Tillie
If you were paying something to be here, I'd agree with you, however, I just look at these kind of articles as the advertising required to keep a free site going.
It is just lazy journalism to publish an old, in this case 10 years old, article with unamended wording under the guise of it being " brand new".

Why not write a true brand new article?
Scandinavian living in UK
575 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by wripro
Why not start a new board for luxury lite cruise lines and put Azamara, Oceania, Viking etc. where they belong?
+1

Or get rid of the Luxury Cruising board if the lines are going to continue to be blurred in this way!