Afternoon High Tea by Sweet P The Bermuda Perfumery, Stewart Hall, Queen Street, Town

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:04 AM.
Brooklyn
1,670 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
No, the caves are not in St. George. They are over 4 miles from St. George and not even in St. George's Parish. That's why I was commenting that it was a strange plan of action to go back and forth. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply trying to recommend a course of action that would allow you to do all 3 in an efficient manner so that you could see things without bouncing back and forth, but by all means, choose whatever path you like.

It's very easy to use a map of Bermuda to check where the caves, Swizzle Inn, and Bermuda Perfumery/St. George are located.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas - Inaugural CTN

Sailed:
HAL Eurodam - Baltics
Norwegian Getaway - E. Caribbean
Norwegian Getaway
- Inaugural CTN
(Pics)
Celebrity Reflection - E. Caribbean
Uniworld SS Antoinette - Rhine Christmas Markets
NCL Breakaway
- Bermuda
NCL Breakaway - Inaugural CTN (Review w/ pics)
Uniworld River Beatrice - Danube (Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
- E. Caribbean
NCL Star - Bermuda
Ruby Princess - Grand Mediterranean
(Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
- W. Mediterranean (Review w/ pics)
Crown Princess - S. Caribbean (Review w/ pics)
NCL Gem - Bahamas (Review w/ pics)
Jacksonville, FL USA
48,565 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by AttilaTheFun
No, the caves are not in St. George. They are over 4 miles from St. George and not even in St. George's Parish. That's why I was commenting that it was a strange plan of action to go back and forth. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply trying to recommend a course of action that would allow you to do all 3 in an efficient manner so that you could see things without bouncing back and forth, but by all means, choose whatever path you like.

It's very easy to use a map of Bermuda to check where the caves, Swizzle Inn, and Bermuda Perfumery/St. George are located.
You cannot read "tone" on the net...so thank you for the explanation
I read it as an insult....now I know you did not mean it that way
I will have to re-think how to do it. To be honest, getting on and
off 3 or 4 buses does not sound fun to me
Jacksonville, FL USA
48,565 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by Avereysnana
Does anyone know if they will be adding anymore days for teas? I really would love to do it.

Thanks,
Marty
I emailed them yesterday and received a reply today.....they never
mentioned anything about more days. Wednesday and Saturday.

If you want their email? Let me know and I will post it here......you
can ask them if they ever plan on offering more days.
414 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
How far from the ship Explorer is the Bermuda Perfumery? I really would love to do the high tea. Is is a cab ride?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[/URL

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10-13-2013
RCCL Radiance October 9, 2010 Mexico
RCCL Explorer July 29 2007 Bermuda
Carnival Victory August 2004 Canada
Big Red Boat March 1996 Bahamas
Big Red Boat March 1994 Bahamas
Windsor Locks, CT
6,437 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Originally posted by Lily2006
How far from the ship Explorer is the Bermuda Perfumery? I really would love to do the high tea. Is is a cab ride?

Sweet P's is located in St George. If you were to go by taxi from the Dockyard, it would be very expensive. Suggested way to get there is a 40 minute ferry ride from the Dockyard and a 5-7 minute walk from the ferry dock in St George to Sweet P's.

I have not done tea at Sweet P's, but I have done it at the Hamilton Princess in Hamilton, very elegant and much closer.

SBtS
Jacksonville, FL USA
48,565 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by SailBadtheSinner
Sweet P's is located in St George. If you were to go by taxi from the Dockyard, it would be very expensive. Suggested way to get there is a 40 minute ferry ride from the Dockyard and a 5-7 minute walk from the ferry dock in St George to Sweet P's.

I have not done tea at Sweet P's, but I have done it at the Hamilton Princess in Hamilton, very elegant and much closer.

SBtS
Hi, I go in 2 weeks....isn't The High Tea at the Princess quite
$$$$ and isn't there a dress code?
Windsor Locks, CT
6,437 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Originally posted by Lois R
Hi, I go in 2 weeks....isn't The High Tea at the Princess quite
$$$$ and isn't there a dress code?

Price was, IIRC, $35.00 p/p and I wore Dockers and sports jacket, but you could be less dressy.

SBtS
Jacksonville, FL USA
48,565 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Price was, IIRC, $35.00 p/p and I wore Dockers and sports jacket, but you could be less dressy.

SBtS
Would I need to make a reservation? Or if I just take the ferry over
I could see if they have space available?
Jacksonville, FL USA
48,565 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
From their website:
  • Smart casual dress is suggested.
  • Reservations suggested.

SBtS
Thanks
414 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Sweet P doesn't answer my emails. Has anyone gone lately? We are only in port Wednesday , Thursday , and Friday. We have a private guide on Wednesday so not sure I would have him wait while I have tea (bummer).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[/URL

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10-13-2013
RCCL Radiance October 9, 2010 Mexico
RCCL Explorer July 29 2007 Bermuda
Carnival Victory August 2004 Canada
Big Red Boat March 1996 Bahamas
Big Red Boat March 1994 Bahamas
Brooklyn
1,670 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Lily2006
Sweet P doesn't answer my emails. Has anyone gone lately? We are only in port Wednesday , Thursday , and Friday. We have a private guide on Wednesday so not sure I would have him wait while I have tea (bummer).
They updated their Facebook page yesterday, so I assume they're still going. The email listed on there is [email protected] and is the same one I used last year to make reservations.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-P/347713171905801
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:

Sailed:
HAL Eurodam - Baltics
Norwegian Getaway
- Inaugural CTN
(Pics)
NCL Breakaway
- Bermuda
NCL Epic
- E. Caribbean
NCL Star - Bermuda
(Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
210 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
So glad to have found this thread. I can't wait to try Afternoon Tea at the Perfumery! It sounds like a delightful experience!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Seaside~ Eastern Caribbean ~ January 2018
NCL Getaway~ Western Caribbean ~ January 2017
NCL Escape~ Eastern Caribbean~ January 2016
Celebrity Equinox~ Ultimate Caribbean~ January 2015
Celebrity Summit~ Bermuda~ July 2014
Disney Fantasy~ Western Caribbean~ January 2013
Orlando
350 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
We had a lovely afternoon tea last week at Sweet P's. My sister and I had made a reservation for 3 p.m. on Wednesday, but at 1 p.m. we realized we were hungry and in the neighborhood so we just dropped in. The lovely woman who runs the place managed to fit us in (it's a very small place, and most or all of the seating is outside in the garden).

We had a choice of teas and a gorgeous three-tiered tray of petits fours and crustless sandwiches, followed (because they are baked to order as guests are expected) by delicious scones. Everything, in fact, is beautiful and delicious. There is no clotted cream (apparently they can't get it) but there was another creamy topping.

A friendly black cat showed up to keep us company while we ate. All in all it was a great experience. One note of warning: Don't have lunch and then expect to use this as an afternoon snack. It's VERY filling -- and we didn't eat everything we were offered because we were stuffed.

The Bermuda Perfumery is just a block or two up a slight hill from the main street of St. George's. It's very easy to find.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Norwegian Sun, Western Caribbean, 10-16-2010
Celebrity Solstice, Eastern Caribbean, 4-3-2011
Celebrity Eclipse, Eastern Caribbean, 12-10-2011
Celebrity Constellation, Western Caribbean (except it never got there), 12-14-2013
Celebrity Summit, Bermuda, 5-4-2014
Celebrity Equinox, Ultimate Caribbean, 4-4-2016
210 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Originally posted by bessinfl
We had a lovely afternoon tea last week at Sweet P's. My sister and I had made a reservation for 3 p.m. on Wednesday, but at 1 p.m. we realized we were hungry and in the neighborhood so we just dropped in. The lovely woman who runs the place managed to fit us in (it's a very small place, and most or all of the seating is outside in the garden).

We had a choice of teas and a gorgeous three-tiered tray of petits fours and crustless sandwiches, followed (because they are baked to order as guests are expected) by delicious scones. Everything, in fact, is beautiful and delicious. There is no clotted cream (apparently they can't get it) but there was another creamy topping.

A friendly black cat showed up to keep us company while we ate. All in all it was a great experience. One note of warning: Don't have lunch and then expect to use this as an afternoon snack. It's VERY filling -- and we didn't eat everything we were offered because we were stuffed.

The Bermuda Perfumery is just a block or two up a slight hill from the main street of St. George's. It's very easy to find.
Thanks for the report on your recent experience at Sweet P's. I am very excited to try as I have never had an afternoon tea experience. We are planning to do this after exploring St George in the morning/early afternoon. We will eat breakfast on the Summit, so we should surely be hungry when it is time for tea. I can't wait!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Seaside~ Eastern Caribbean ~ January 2018
NCL Getaway~ Western Caribbean ~ January 2017
NCL Escape~ Eastern Caribbean~ January 2016
Celebrity Equinox~ Ultimate Caribbean~ January 2015
Celebrity Summit~ Bermuda~ July 2014
Disney Fantasy~ Western Caribbean~ January 2013
Brooklyn
1,670 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Just wanted to warn that the tea service at Sweet P has gone downhill. I took my parents last September, after a great experience the year prior, but it seems like it is run by different people now. We waited around in the Perfumery without any acknowledgement whatsoever from the Sweet P server/hostess as she rushed between the room (tea was served indoors that day) and the kitchen area. She seemed very stressed out and almost annoyed that they had more customers showing up!

Once we were seated, we had to request everything - sweeteners for the tea, refills on tea, she even failed to give us the jam/honey that comes with the scones that all the other guests received! The whole attitude was that she was too busy to be bothered and the guests were annoyances that she had to put up with. I was really embarassed that I took my parents there, even though they liked the food. I would NOT recommend this tea to anyone any longer due to the extremely poor service, which is very unfortunate.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:

Sailed:
HAL Eurodam - Baltics
Norwegian Getaway
- Inaugural CTN
(Pics)
NCL Breakaway
- Bermuda
NCL Epic
- E. Caribbean
NCL Star - Bermuda
(Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
599 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
HAs anyone done this over the summer?
How was the service?
Food?

We are not going to Bermuda until April but it is our anniversary cruise and I would like to do afternoon Tea.
IF this has recent good reports we will go to Tobacco bay in the morning then head here for tea and a tour of the perfumery. If not then we will go to the Fairmont for tea.

We go to the Fairmont Chateau Laurier for tea on special occasions and that was actually where I hosted my bridal shower.

Trying to decide which place to go. Fairmont is not serving tea currently due to renovations but it re-opens April first. We will be there end of April so it may be a nice option in a newly renovated room.

However, I also like the idea of going to tobacco bay for the morning then since we are in the area going for tea at Sweet P's

Any recent experiences at Sweet Ps would be most appreciated. Fairmont is consistent so I am not concerned about the quality or service there.

Thank you
Cherry Hill, NJ
34 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
FYI: My husband, two kids, and in-laws cruised to Bermuda August 2017. Weeks before we went I made a reservation at Sweet P for all of us for high tea on the Wednesday we would be in Bermuda at 3:00. I spoke to the woman who owns Sweet P, we confirmed, and agreed that since our calls to each other were long distance (international) that there was no need to re-confirm, we were set for that date. The day we had tea reserved was an extremely hot day and it would have made sense to make that day a beach day and enjoy Historic St. George the next day. But we had a reservation so we went to St. George. It was so hot we ended up finding a beach and swimming a bit. We cut our beach time short to get changed and ready for high tea. When we arrived at the Perfumery, the woman who runs Sweet P was not there, and the women at the perfumery had no idea that she had booked a reservation for that day. The women at the perfumery did not call the owner of Sweet P while we were there, nor did she offer to. She offered us some free perfume samples and apologized. We were obviously very frustrated, and my daughter was actually in tears. It has been a few weeks and I still have not heard one word from the owner of Sweet P. I am highly disappointed and will not recommend this experience.