Itineraries with many sea days..on small luxury ships

Jacqueline

I don't mean to infer that I need a lot of programming to make me happy! Not the case. I did spend nearly 16 days at sea on the QM2 back to back transatlantic and mostly walked a few miles a day on the promenade deck, went to the gym, the spa, an a lecture or two.

And three meals a day in the grills dining room took up a several hours! Never went to an evening show,

I also wonder how they provision... not sure that they can pick up fresh food along the way.

I am asking because our cruise will be 19 days to Antartica and Georgia with five sea days at the end, as this is also a repositioning cruise.

As most of you know, I will be on the Hanseatic..

Thanks for posting the video!

Small passenger ships with their meandering itineraries throughout Asia and Australia replenish provisions on the way. Ponant picked up fish and fruit in Hong Kong. Europa 2 bought wine, berries and paper products in New Zealand and Australia. There are ship chandlers whose business is providing ships, but Europa 2's chef sommelier went to the wineries in person. Both ships had a stock of provisions from their home country such as cheese, butter, sugar, flour. They were flown into certain ports. I am not surprised that H-L uses trusted providers in South America.

• 3 weeks later...