2 cruise ship passengers were arrested....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:17 AM.
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by Keith1010
I was wondering the same thing.

There must be more to the story.

Keith

Seems like there has to be. This article in Bernews has slightly more information. Like that it took place at 3:00 am.

Don't know what there is for cruise passengers to be doing at 3:00 am at the Dockyard but in any case given the recent increases in gang activity and crime in Bermuda reported in Bermuda's press I would advise against being out and about at that hour.

http://bernews.com/2017/09/two-peopl...t-in-dockyard/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by Keith1010
Thanks. I am going to check it out now.

Keith

I just heard from another source that a third passenger was arrested. The locals were robbing them but it appears the passengers are being arrested for beating up the robbers bad enough to send the robbers to the hospital.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by pjewell910
I have searched for these floating around video and can't find it. I sure would like to see it.

Warning. There is explicit language and violence in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/MarcaTMusic...45606235526179
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Coram, NY
289 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by Charles4515
Warning. There is explicit language and violence in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/MarcaTMusic...45606235526179

Ok watched the video. Though I believe in self defense this was extreme. They should have defended themselves to the point of being able to remove themselves from the situation and reported the incident to the proper authorities. This was too much. Further reports out there state that the tourists were arrested for assault. Which this video clearly shows evidence of. Sad for all those involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS MAY 25, 2003
RCCL BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS DECEMBER 12, 2004
NCL DAWN OCTOBER 29, 2006
NORWEGIAN ESCAPE AUGUST 28, 2016
NORWEGIAN PEARL NOVEMBER 13, 2016
NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY FEBRUARY 19, 2017
NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2017
nj
38 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Well thanks for posting the video. At 53 years old it not would I would of done. But in my youth thats exactly what I would of done. I am tired of feeling bad for the criminals of the world. They got what they had coming to them.
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by Dayana
Ok watched the video. Though I believe in self defense this was extreme. They should have defended themselves to the point of being able to remove themselves from the situation and reported the incident to the proper authorities. This was too much. Further reports out there state that the tourists were arrested for assault. Which this video clearly shows evidence of. Sad for all those involved.

I agree with you. What they did was beyond self defense.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by pjewell910
Well thanks for posting the video. At 53 years old it not would I would of done. But in my youth thats exactly what I would of done. I am tired of feeling bad for the criminals of the world. They got what they had coming to them.
I do believe in self defense but I never would have gone to that extreme even when I was young enough to be able to. I would never beat anyone to death and from what I have read one of them is close to death. I think the video shows why the passengers were arrested.

Given the recent increase in crime and gang activity in Bermuda I advise people not to walk around the Dockyard at 3:00 am. There have been other recent incidents there. I read the Bermuda press. And I advise staying away the night club the snorkel park late at night.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Maryland
10,341 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by SailBadtheSinner
cruise ship passengers fined; Bernew article: http://bernews.com/2017/09/court-cru...ers-fined-300/

.... passengers were within their rights to defend their property, .... ‘went beyond’ what was required....

SBtS
More info in the following article link. The robbers will be charged. http://www.bermudareal.com/alleged-c...kyard-assault/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
NYC
39 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
WOW I was on this ship when this happened. This incident went down very quietly. Nobody on board would have known this happened. I can say Bermuda thugs was not prepared for a boat full of NYers!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
39 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
My lord I'm glad my wife wouldn't act like that. No need to hold a man and than beat his face in, unless he molested their kid.

DE
541 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Once they had the attackers subdued they should of contacted police not beat the crap out of them. Bermuda can keep those passengers we don't need them back.
nj
38 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
I am in Bermuda now. On the way to and from horseshoe bay we talk to the taxi drivers about this situation. Not only did they say the punks got what they deserved for acting like thugs (as one driver put it). But they both said a Bermudian paid the tourists fines.