No Diamond Pre-Loaded Drinks on Empress?

We're sailing on the Empress on 7/2 and I am aware that there is no Diamond Lounge. I just read a very recent review that said that the 3 pre-loaded drinks were not included as other people complained about it. Yet, the review noted that the benefit was given four months earlier on the same ship. The review went on to say that this was discussed with the hotel director and that it was a corporate decision. Can any recent Empress (or Majesty) cruises confirm this?

I’m wondering if someone was complaining about the lack of a lounge and the unlimited free drinks and only have 3 available.

Maybe that was it. But, the review noted that the benefit was available four months ago. As far as I know, the Empress has never had a dedicated Diamond Lounge.

As far as I know, the Empress has never had a dedicated Diamond Lounge.

That's true. The thing that seems to vary is if they use the aft deck behind Boleros for a D and up event - that has been reported both ways.

• 2 months later...

Just off Empress Saturday. Three drinks were loaded on Diamond and above, also an invitation-only sail away party with drinks served, and a Top Tier party with drinks. In addition, we were invited to a Royal lunch. Each table sat with an officer! Wine was served and we were given a special menu with 8 oz. Chops filet with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus (or choice of salmon or chicken). And a very interesting chat with our officer, who gave us terrific tips on navigating Cuba! It was a fun cruise with wonderful crew.

Just off Empress Saturday. Three drinks were loaded on Diamond and above, also an invitation-only sail away party with drinks served, and a Top Tier party with drinks. In addition, we were invited to a Royal lunch. Each table sat with an officer! Wine was served and we were given a special menu with 8 oz. Chops filet with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus (or choice of salmon or chicken). And a very interesting chat with our officer, who gave us terrific tips on navigating Cuba! It was a fun cruise with wonderful crew.

Thank you! Nice to know, we sail in January!

• 2 months later...