Caribbean country visas for Australian citizens

Hi friends,

I am trying to find a topic on Visa requirements for Australian citizens cruising in the Caribbean. We are on an Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2019 and I want to build up knowledge so I can prepare.

Can anyone link me to a good previous post on this? I am sure there is one but my search function hasn’t given me anything of use yet. If there isn’t a good post than previous experience would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Kit (Benclan)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always start with SmartTraveller govt site. Type in each destination and it will provide you with info and links to each countries specific govt website.

http://smartraveller.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

ie - as an example - the Bahama's page has the following

http://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/americas/caribbean/Pages/bahamas.aspx

Hello Kit,

When sourcing Visa requirements for overseas travel I use a site called

Visalink.com.au.

As mentioned earlier Smart Traveler is also very good to find any particular issues that are current in the country that you are visiting.

Hope this information is what you require.

Regards,

Zac

VisaLink is a private company offering a paid visa service.

Why would you use them over and above the Australian Government Smart traveller site that links you directly to each relevant country's own government immigration and visa website ??

Why would you use them over and above the Australian Government Smart traveller site that links you directly to each relevant country's own government immigration and visa website ??

As long as you can get information that is correct without payment, you should be fine, especially if it correlates with the official website information.

I must have wrongly interpreted your request.

I use visa link for information,like DO you require a visa in a particular country.

I do not purchase the visa through them.

I must have wrongly interpreted your request.

I didn't make a request. I was simply stating the stupidity of relying on a private company who exists purely to make a profit - over using the official govt site designed specifically as a tool for Australian travellers. Thereby ensuring they always have the most up to date information at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Kit,

I cruised out of Miami to the Bahamas in January 2017 and did not need a visa. I did check the Smart Traveller website before I booked the cruise and Australians don’t need a visa. Of course entry conditions can change so check again before you go!

Re-entry into the US was easy. Customs officials boarded the ship before we docked at Key West and everyone was assigned a time and place to wait to talk to the Customs officers. The one I spoke to was super friendly and talked about the time he got drunk in Sydney a few years ago!

Have fun!

Vivian

Arrived back in sydney last night from italy. We used the new smart machines and one if the questions asked, was have you been to the caribbean. Not sure why they ask? Zika virus maybe.

I think this may be new so please ensure any info you get regarding visas are up to date.

I will be checking this as we are going to the caribbean in November..

• 2 weeks later...

We go to the Caribbean cruising regularly and have never had an issue with visas . We just get off the Ship with our room card and we always take our drivers licence and at least 1 credit card . Some ports security want to see Picture ID and too be honest when your in a foreign country having ID is wise . The credit card is for those just in case moments if you need to get a cab, large purchase or if you miss the boat. You can at least get the Port Agents to help you to get to the next port . You will be surprised at how many (Americans mainly) Miss the boat , particularly in Ports like Cozumel and St Maarten .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We've sailed to the Caribbean a few times and have never needed a visa. There were no ports that we visited where they checked anyone's passports/visa's. You just get off the ship and go on your way.

For getting back in to the US make sure you have a printed copy of your ESTA.

Hi

We've sailed to the Caribbean a few times and have never needed a visa. There were no ports that we visited where they checked anyone's passports/visa's. You just get off the ship and go on your way.

For getting back in to the US make sure you have a printed copy of your ESTA.

Exactly right.

If you are on a cruise you don’t need visas. If you visit an island other than on a cruise ship you won’t need a visa if it’s a Commonwealth country or an overseas Territory of an EU country. That covers most of the islands in the East Caribbean