Quick Magic review 7/14 sailing

LewLewBelle

Hubby and I took a cruise on Carnival Magic 7/14-7/21. FTTF was great we got onboard by 10:45. Cabin was ready along with sign and sail cards in mail box. I wipe down the room for germs with my Melaleuca Sol U Guard. Then we head out to go find the buffet.

We grab a table and hubby goes to the Mongolian WOK. It takes foreeeever to get through the line. I go grab food on other side which is pretty fast.

We check out the ship then head back to room for a nap. This is when the first of several small thing add up. No AC while in port it will cool down at sail away according to guest service. Never had that on any other cruise before. Hubby lays down but I am too hot so I go find a cool spot to hang out for awhile.

Through out the cruise we talked to others who were in agreement they didn’t care for the Magic.

We are several mornings in dining room. Our food temperature was lukewarm to cold. Even some dinner items too.

The first day in cabin I sat on couch and my sandal stuck to the carpet. Chewing gum from previous cruisers. The ship seems like it needs a good cleaning especially the carpets in our cabin.

The Country show had one scene that looked like they were having sex. Children were in the audience !!!!! The last show about rock had similar. Just too edgy for the “family” show.

Cookie the cruise director was not our fave. He talked at you instead of interacting well as others.

Activities didn’t seem to flow like other ships. We do a lot of the song trivia and general knowledge. Seems only day with abundance was on one island day to Grand Turk. 3 ships on a stick made us glad we stayed on the ship :)

Even with all the little issues we did relax and enjoy ourselves

Hubby and I took a cruise on Carnival Magic 7/14-7/21. FTTF was great we got onboard by 10:45. Cabin was ready along with sign and sail cards in mail box. I wipe down the room for germs with my Melaleuca Sol U Guard. Then we head out to go find the buffet.

We grab a table and hubby goes to the Mongolian WOK. It takes foreeeever to get through the line. I go grab food on other side which is pretty fast.

We check out the ship then head back to room for a nap. This is when the first of several small thing add up. No AC while in port it will cool down at sail away according to guest service. Never had that on any other cruise before. Hubby lays down but I am too hot so I go find a cool spot to hang out for awhile.

Through out the cruise we talked to others who were in agreement they didn’t care for the Magic.

We are several mornings in dining room. Our food temperature was lukewarm to cold. Even some dinner items too.

The first day in cabin I sat on couch and my sandal stuck to the carpet. Chewing gum from previous cruisers. The ship seems like it needs a good cleaning especially the carpets in our cabin.

The Country show had one scene that looked like they were having sex. Children were in the audience !!!!! The last show about rock had similar. Just too edgy for the “family” show.

Cookie the cruise director was not our fave. He talked at you instead of interacting well as others.

Activities didn’t seem to flow like other ships. We do a lot of the song trivia and general knowledge. Seems only day with abundance was on one island day to Grand Turk. 3 ships on a stick made us glad we stayed on the ship :)

Even with all the little issues we did relax and enjoy ourselves

Was there anything you liked?????

There was just many small things that made this ship not desirable. Talking to others on board they felt same way. Toilets not flushing is kind of a biggie. Carpet with gum stuck on it in our cabin was nasty. We enjoyed the comedy shows , Ketut made our dinner special. We had a relaxing cruise but just pointing out some things so others can know before they decide on this ship. I never complained to guest services because it wasn’t something they can fix. However they sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries after maintenance fixed our toilet. :)

Sadly, my husband and I felt the same way about out May cruise on the Magic. We did have our 2 grandkids with us and because of that we had a great time just enjoying them have a good time. That being said, no more Magic for us. But as we all know there are many more ships to choose from. In fact, we will be on the Miracle Panama Canal cruise in September. In the past we loved the Miracle, hoping we still feel the same way.

We were on the Magic this past April on a B2B (14 days) in a Cove balcony. No problems with cabin cleanliness or A/C. Room temp was very comfortable (we like it very cool). No problems with the toilet or room cleanliness and no problems with any of our food -- buffet, MDR or Steakhouse.

Didn't care much for the CD, but we had an excellent wait team and cabin Steward team. Just about any staff member we interacted with was very helpful and always smiled.

Just wanted to put some positive comments about our experience on the Magic. Would not hesitate to book her again.

We were on the Magic last fall. Absolutely loved this ship! The food was great, the layout is great, we had the best steward and enjoyed every moment …. so much that we have booked her again for October 2019.

The gum and toilet would have been an annoyance to me, too, but could happen on any of the fleet. Sorry you had those issues but glad you made the most of your vacation!

Overall, the Magic is a great ship in my opinion.

LewLewBelle

Sorry you did not have a good time. My husband and I were on the same cruise and this was actually our favorite we have taken so far. I was worried Cookie was going to irritate me because I had heard he was just like Dr. E, but I found him to be really funny and was grateful he only got on the intercom to make real announcements, not to hear himself talk. One night my husband and I were in the Red Frog Pub waiting for trivia to start, and he came up right behind us and just started a conversation. He was the first CD I had ever talked to one on one and thought he was very approachable. But people love Dr. E, and he drove me insane last year, so it's a matter of preference.

Don't know if you got a chance to see any comedy, but Thomas Brown has to be one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen and not just on a cruise ship. If he pops on anyone's ship I highly recommend making a special effort to see him. He was not political, which was nice because I am on vacation and trying to get away from all that. We saw his PG and R rated shows and thought both were equally funny.

Had the best dessert ever this cruise. It had phyllo, caramel, and god knows what else, but it was SO amazing. Everyone near us who ordered it was in heaven.

We tried an all inclusive resort one year and hated it, so I know how it feels to be disappointed in a vacation. Hope you take another cruise and it meets your expectations.

LewLewBelle

Sorry you did not have a good time. My husband and I were on the same cruise and this was actually our favorite we have taken so far. I was worried Cookie was going to irritate me because I had heard he was just like Dr. E, but I found him to be really funny and was grateful he only got on the intercom to make real announcements, not to hear himself talk. One night my husband and I were in the Red Frog Pub waiting for trivia to start, and he came up right behind us and just started a conversation. He was the first CD I had ever talked to one on one and thought he was very approachable. But people love Dr. E, and he drove me insane last year, so it's a matter of preference.

Don't know if you got a chance to see any comedy, but Thomas Brown has to be one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen and not just on a cruise ship. If he pops on anyone's ship I highly recommend making a special effort to see him. He was not political, which was nice because I am on vacation and trying to get away from all that. We saw his PG and R rated shows and thought both were equally funny.

Had the best dessert ever this cruise. It had phyllo, caramel, and god knows what else, but it was SO amazing. Everyone near us who ordered it was in heaven.

We tried an all inclusive resort one year and hated it, so I know how it feels to be disappointed in a vacation. Hope you take another cruise and it meets your expectations.

Thank you :) We didn’t have a bad time it was just different from our other cruises. If you went to see Derrick Eason I am Lew he picked on lol. We’ve always talk to the CD and joke around with them not Cookie lol he did thank my hubby for his service ( Retired Navy) that was nice :) Not everyone clicks and that is ok too. We are going on Allure next year so we will see. My ultimate fave ship is the Pride. Maybe because we sailed her first in the inaugural year. Thanks again for your reply :)

I was on the same cruise. The first day, my sister and I thought that Cookie was annoying as all get out. But he grew on us and I ended up thinking he was one of the better CDs I’ve had. I wasn’t a big fan of the selections on the buffet, but we loved the deli selections.

For the comedy shows - do you have to get advanced tickets on the Magic or do folks just line up at the door before show time? I read somewhere on here that some ships were doing tickets that "are gone hours before the show." This hadn't been my experience previously on Carnival ships, but it's been about two years.

Thanks!

For the comedy shows - do you have to get advanced tickets on the Magic or do folks just line up at the door before show time? I read somewhere on here that some ships were doing tickets that "are gone hours before the show." This hadn't been my experience previously on Carnival ships, but it's been about two years.

Thanks!

We didn't need tickets when we were on Magic....just wait in the long lines!!!

We sailed on The Magic last feb and had a great time. I have absolutely no complaints. We did have Dr E and he is pretty amazing. I had seen some bad reviews before we sailed, so I was kinda nervous. But we went with no expectations, which I think might have helped us oversee some things. Did some of the lines at times suck, yes but we didn't let it get to us. We used the time to get to know people that were in line around us. I am sorry your experience was not as nice as ours.

We boarded the Magic the same day you got off the ship. Fortunately we didn't have any of the problems you mentioned. Our cabin was clean, A/C worked great, etc, though we did hear complaints about the A/C on other decks. We liked the ship's layout so much that we want to sail the Breeze and wouldn't hesitate to sail on Magic again.