Serenade revolving bar

The last time we were on the Serenade was April of 2017 we did not see it working at that time. I was rather surprised to see it working on the Radiance last May.
We'll see her in two weeks. Some on our roll call board her this coming weekend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been on Serenade several times and do remember seeing it revolve. Might have been the first time we were on Serenade which was in 2015. Don’t remember it revolving this past January.

We have been on Serenade at least 4 times and I don't remember any revolving bar. We were on deck 13 often for the diamond lounge.

I don't remember a revolving bar either. Viking lounge was often used as an overflow for DL and set at main bar several times.

It's not unusual for the mechanism to be broke.

In my review Sept 2014, Serenade bar did not revolve because it was broken.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44302083&highlight=viking#post44302083

It supposedly has not worked since, so anyone stating that it worked after 2014 must be thinking of something else

At the time they said the only way to get at the mechanisms was to basically disassemble the entire Viking Crown bar which might only be able to be accomplished in drydock. I haven't seen anyone report it working since the recent drydock, so hopefully John can report back next week.

The other three ships were working the times I've been on them (Radiance Sept 15, Jewel Sept 17, Brilliance last month).

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if the revolving bar in the viking crown lounge on the Serenade is still working?

Thanks

Was on the Serenade last week and a few people said it was working. Bar staff need to activate it and will do so if you sing an Xmass song !!!

Was on the Serenade last week and a few people said it was working. Bar staff need to activate it and will do so if you sing an Xmass song !!!
Worked fine last month, no Xmas song required. Just dead Presidents

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk