Viking Ocean Mobile App (Viking Voyager)

mathtutor101

This may have already been discussed and we missed it, but just saw Viking Voyager announced on MyVikingJourney.com

We just downloaded "VIKING VOYAGER" now available on all Ocean Ships...

This is an app you can use once onboard your ocean ship to:

- Book Shore excursions, dining and spa treatments

- See each day's onboard activities

- Manage your cruise calendar

- Get port & destination information

Once onboard, connect to the ship's WI-FI to activate. Very happy to see Viking introduce this! :D

Available on iOS and Android. (My IT husband has been begging for this since Day 1 and now loves Viking even more)

We used it on our recent “Midnight Sun” Cruise (same one you were on, apparently 🙂) and it worked pretty well. Very similar to what’s available on the cabin TV, but even more info. One interesting thing is that you can pull up all the menus in the Dining Room and World Cafe days in advance (and perhaps for the entire cruise). I don’t think that was available on the TV except for the day you view it, but I could be wrong.

You need to download the app prior to boarding. I didn’t know about it until we were on board and found it to be impossible to download due to WiFi speed. I had to wait until we were in a port coffee shop that had good WiFi.

One interesting thing is that you can pull up all the menus in the Dining Room and World Cafe days in advance (and perhaps for the entire cruise). I don’t think that was available on the TV except for the day you view it, but I could be wrong.

You could see all Chef Table menus for the cruise on your TV. We were interested in these ones so can’t say about restaurant or buffet.

We like the convenience of this app. You could check the menus outside the room and decide where do you want to dine :)

on our recent SKY cruise I was surprised how FEW had the APP

or knew it was available and what it offered

OTOH I also found many who could not find their stateroom, even at the 8th day of the cruise ....

Thankfully a fellow rollcall member saw me waiting in line on embarkation day to make specialty dining reservations and told me about the app. I was able to download it and then sit in comfort and make all the reservations we wanted well before I would have reached the crewmember at the podium.

Be advised that at least during our 14 day TA that some of the menus for The Restaurant changed from what was shown on Embarkation Day. Thankfully we noticed it or hubby would have missed his Lobster....Horrors!