Coffee makers

karinad

We've been in a balcony cabin on The Jade last year, so I know there is a coffee maker in them. This yr we're in an obstructed OV and I was just wondering if they have them???

Thanks! I like my coffee right away in the morning!

I have been told that if you are in an OV or interior, you can request a coffee maker from guest services and they may accommodate you. Also, don't forget that you can get room service coffee for free every morning if you fill out the door hanger and place it on your door the night before. Last time I was on the Gem, they only gave me a couple of door hangers in my room, so I went to guest services and requested a few more so I would have one for each day.

We've been in a balcony cabin on The Jade last year, so I know there is a coffee maker in them. This yr we're in an obstructed OV and I was just wondering if they have them???

Thanks! I like my coffee right away in the morning!

yes, just ask your cabin steward as soon as you meet him or her. We have done this recently. Usually we go balcony, but not always. they are more than willing to bring you a coffee maker. Having that one cup of coffee in the morning is such a wonderful way to start the day.

Thank you everyone! I'm aware that coffee could be ordered from room service, but it's nice to know that I don't have to wait for a pot or even order a pot for just me. I will ask my cabin person when we get on board. I hope I could survive without a balcony cabin this yr! It'll be our first time in an ov, let alone an obstructed ov!

Thank you everyone! I'm aware that coffee could be ordered from room service, but it's nice to know that I don't have to wait for a pot or even order a pot for just me. I will ask my cabin person when we get on board. I hope I could survive without a balcony cabin this yr! It'll be our first time in an ov, let alone an obstructed ov!

Well surviving without a balcony isn't the easiest thing and we know how you feel. There was a time when hubby thought a balcony was a waste of time until we went back to a window only and he decided a balcony was a must. But, as I mentioned we are doing OV only this time. It will not ruin your cruise I can assure you. BTW obstructed views are not always that bad. The obstruction can be very little. We had one on HAL It was the back of the ship and the obstruction happened to be the outdoor stair case. no biggy and our cabin was larger plus we were able to go around the corner, where there were 2 lounges and enjoy the peacefulness. Don't fret. All is well.

Well surviving without a balcony isn't the easiest thing and we know how you feel. There was a time when hubby thought a balcony was a waste of time until we went back to a window only and he decided a balcony was a must. But, as I mentioned we are doing OV only this time. It will not ruin your cruise I can assure you. BTW obstructed views are not always that bad. The obstruction can be very little. We had one on HAL It was the back of the ship and the obstruction happened to be the outdoor stair case. no biggy and our cabin was larger plus we were able to go around the corner, where there were 2 lounges and enjoy the peacefulness. Don't fret. All is well.

Thank you for trying to soothe my mind about not having a balcony. The cabin we have is a sideways obstructed view and it's right by O'Sheehan's. It does appear larger then the regular OV. It's a very port intensive 12 day cruise of the British Islands on Sept 17 and only 2 days at sea. I'm sure we'll be ok after the initial shock!:eek::eek:LOL!

Is there a room service charge on NCL for only ordering coffee in the morning? Just coffee, cream, and sugar? We are first time NCL cruisers and only know Princess cruise policies.

No. No charge for that. There will be a limited breakfast menu that you fill out the night before and hang it on your door. You'll fill out a time that you'd like it delivered. Ask your cabin person if you don't see them. Sometimes there in the NCL info book in the desk. Some people tip the delivery person and some don't.

No. No charge for that. There will be a limited breakfast menu that you fill out the night before and hang it on your door. You'll fill out a time that you'd like it delivered. Ask your cabin person if you don't see them. Sometimes there in the NCL info book in the desk. Some people tip the delivery person and some don't.

Fantastic, thought the coffee makers meant the end of free room service just for coffee. That's the only time we use room service. Sounds identical to Princess system.....great to know, thanks!!!!:D

Also.....still can't determine through everyone's comments on NCL boards if the Starbucks will, or won't take a branded Starbucks gift card on the Bliss. Anyone who can 100% answer this would be appreciated. :confused:

Edited by mrgoalie
Spelling

Thank you for trying to soothe my mind about not having a balcony. The cabin we have is a sideways obstructed view and it's right by O'Sheehan's. It does appear larger then the regular OV. It's a very port intensive 12 day cruise of the British Islands on Sept 17 and only 2 days at sea. I'm sure we'll be ok after the initial shock!:eek::eek:LOL!

heck we, once about 6 years ago went from balcony down to inside on one of the long, port intensive cruise on Princess. And yes, we survived. Ok, I admit, we have never considered an inside since, but it was ok. it was toward the end that we started going a little nutty.

heck we, once about 6 years ago went from balcony down to inside on one of the long, port intensive cruise on Princess. And yes, we survived. Ok, I admit, we have never considered an inside since, but it was ok. it was toward the end that we started going a little nutty.

A friend of mine did a Med cruise on CCL's new ship. She said that they had an inside room, but almost right next to their cabin there was a door that went outside to a small deck and it had lounge chairs. I believe they call these "secret balconies".

I think if our obstructed ov cabin wasn't near a common area I'd really be freaking out! It could end up being a very convenient location. In one month from tomorrow, all our questions will be answered!

O'Sheehan's on Deck 8 AFT is basically open 24/7 and there's always coffee available, cups provided or BYO insulated one - depending on location of your obstructed OV, it can be just steps away or a quick dash down those crooked hallways toward the midship elevators/stairs.

No need to request room service coffee in the morning and/or brew your own, 1 small 6 oz. cup at a time ... they do provide free coffee in filter pods, sugar & creamer (but, IMO, it's a weak brew and it tasted "stronger" by using less filter) Another trick is to double stack the pods, 2 per cup for a decent small cup ... the way I like them.

BTW, the room service coffee carafe has been downsized and if you request 2 cups, you will get a small carafe, good for 2 to 3 small 5 or 6 oz. cup. SB/Dunkin's medium coffee is a 12 oz. brew ...

A friend of mine did a Med cruise on CCL's new ship. She said that they had an inside room, but almost right next to their cabin there was a door that went outside to a small deck and it had lounge chairs. I believe they call these "secret balconies".

I think if our obstructed ov cabin wasn't near a common area I'd really be freaking out! It could end up being a very convenient location. In one month from tomorrow, all our questions will be answered!

We had an obstructed OV on Gem right down from O’Sheehans and we loved it!. Bar and snacks right there, best thing ever! The cabin was large also, and the hallway quiet.

O'Sheehan's on Deck 8 AFT is basically open 24/7 and there's always coffee available, cups provided or BYO insulated one - depending on location of your obstructed OV, it can be just steps away or a quick dash down those crooked hallways toward the midship elevators/stairs.

No need to request room service coffee in the morning and/or brew your own, 1 small 6 oz. cup at a time ... they do provide free coffee in filter pods, sugar & creamer (but, IMO, it's a weak brew and it tasted "stronger" by using less filter) Another trick is to double stack the pods, 2 per cup for a decent small cup ... the way I like them.

BTW, the room service coffee carafe has been downsized and if you request 2 cups, you will get a small carafe, good for 2 to 3 small 5 or 6 oz. cup. SB/Dunkin's medium coffee is a 12 oz. brew ...

We were on The Jade last year, too. I didn't know they had a coffee set-up that you can get your own coffee in a carry-out cup! We are in cabin 8594. It looks pretty close to O'Sheehan's.

We had an obstructed OV on Gem right down from O’Sheehans and we loved it!. Bar and snacks right there, best thing ever! The cabin was large also, and the hallway quiet.

What kind of obstruction did you have? Our cabin is a sideways cabin. It does appear bigger then the normal ov's.

We had a lifeboat outside the window. Still let in plenty of light.

Thank you! Sorry for the questions! It's to late to change it, anyway, but, I guess I need to prepare myself and DH. We're spoiled with always having a balcony. I will miss it most when sailing away from a port or coming into one when it's not to early! We'll just have to up on deck!

Is that all your view was, just the lifeboat and no sea/land view?

think I will stick with that small cup in the cabin. I don't think I want to wander to O'Sheehan's in my might ware or let's say no one wants to see me that way. When you see your cabin steward simply ask for another coffee packet if the one cup won't be enough.

Thank you! Sorry for the questions! It's to late to change it, anyway, but, I guess I need to prepare myself and DH. We're spoiled with always having a balcony. I will miss it most when sailing away from a port or coming into one when it's not to early! We'll just have to up on deck!

Is that all your view was, just the lifeboat and no sea/land view?

22ba2ea2-41db-486c-96d5-b1a7cc756738

Sorry image wouldnt load

Edited by Medtech2