Mariner Discount on Specialty Dining

debsjc

Could someone please remind me how the 25% discount for 3 star mariners works on Canaletto and The PInnacle Grill, when you pre-book online?

I've pre-paid online with my credit card, at the full price. Thanks

I believe on your bill you will notice the discount. So, you pay in full up front and then you get a discount (or credit) on your bill.

This is correct. Even a gift to one of thos restaurants will result in a credit to your statement.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Take a copy of your pre-booked items -- shore excursions, specialty restaurants, etc.

We have had problems a couple of times getting all our "loyalty" discounts.

Just some additional piece of information; when you look at your bill while onboard, the credit amount will be marked "loyalty." We have never had to ask for this credit when we have pre-paid for our specialty meals in advance. Have a great cruise.

Thank you both, that's good to know

I know there is a 25% credit in specialty restaurants for 3-star - but is there also a credit for excursions?

Thank you for the info.

Not as of today.

We pre-booked 4 Pinnacle Grill dinners as 3-star Mariners for an Oosterdam cruise last November. We paid the full $35 P/P online. After we dined, I waited a few days and checked my onboard account. No credit was there. I went to the Front Desk. They referred me to the matre'd of the Pinnacle Grill. He said "No, you only get Mariner discounts when you book onboard". I disputed that decision and went to the Front desk again. They gave me the usual "we'll check with Seattle" response. They finally came back with the credit for all 4 dinners, saying that the ship should honour the Mariner agreement no matter when or how the guest booked the reservation. Seattle said they "hoped" to be able to credit the Mariner status discount during the online booking process, eliminating this hassle of full price charge then issue an onboard credit. They want to be able to issue the Mariner discount when you first book the dining reservation. I guess the IT brains in Seattle have not yet figured out how to do this simple code change of the website.

We pre-booked 4 Pinnacle Grill dinners as 3-star Mariners for an Oosterdam cruise last November. We paid the full $35 P/P online. After we dined, I waited a few days and checked my onboard account. No credit was there. I went to the Front Desk. They referred me to the matre'd of the Pinnacle Grill. He said "No, you only get Mariner discounts when you book onboard". I disputed that decision and went to the Front desk again. They gave me the usual "we'll check with Seattle" response. They finally came back with the credit for all 4 dinners, saying that the ship should honour the Mariner agreement no matter when or how the guest booked the reservation. Seattle said they "hoped" to be able to credit the Mariner status discount during the online booking process, eliminating this hassle of full price charge then issue an onboard credit. They want to be able to issue the Mariner discount when you first book the dining reservation. I guess the IT brains in Seattle have not yet figured out how to do this simple code change of the website.

Wow, that is really terrible. I would have been steaming. There is no excuse from the pinnacle grill manager not knowing that. I really hope they'll be able to fix the mariner discount online sooner rather than later. Given the expertise of Hal's IT department I'm not holding my breath ;).

He said "No, you only get Mariner discounts when you book onboard"
That was the policy when the star program started in late 2009, but it was changed pretty quickly. I'm surprised a current maitre d' still thinks it's true.

Seattle said they "hoped" to be able to credit the Mariner status discount during the online booking process, eliminating this hassle of full price charge then issue an onboard credit.
They've been "hoping" to do that for more than 7 years now!!

I was also on oosterdam in November and the maitre'd in the pinnacle was just awful. Just got off 23 days on oosterdam a couple of weeks ago and the new maitre'd is just wonderful a really good manager and very knowledgeable, a definite improvement!

I was also on oosterdam in November and the maitre'd in the pinnacle was just awful. Just got off 23 days on oosterdam a couple of weeks ago and the new maitre'd is just wonderful a really good manager and very knowledgeable, a definite improvement!

Hopefully that type of attitude is on the Westerdam this October. We will try again to pre-book our favorite nights in the Pinnacle Grill. We will see what happens.

Hopefully that type of attitude is on the Westerdam this October. We will try again to pre-book our favorite nights in the Pinnacle Grill. We will see what happens.

We had two different PG managers on 2 different Westerdam cruises and both were good. Hopefully, you have one of those.

On the world cruise we prebooked multiple Pinnacle dinners. Upon boarding they had already given us the credit for all the dinners in one lump sum. I had never seen that before, usually you get credits one dinner at a time.

On the world cruise we prebooked multiple Pinnacle dinners. Upon boarding they had already given us the credit for all the dinners in one lump sum. I had never seen that before, usually you get credits one dinner at a time.

I was eventually told by the Front Desk that you have to actually use your dinner reservation at the PG before they credit your account for the Mariner discount. We did have to go toe-to-toe with them for a while, but they did get their marching orders from Seattle and we got the credits applied to our onboard account..

I had never seen that before, usually you get credits one dinner at a time.

I was eventually told by the Front Desk that you have to actually use your dinner reservation at the PG before they credit your account for the Mariner discount.
On four cruises since Aug 2014 we have gotten all our "Loyalty" credits (Mariner discounts) posted to our account on the first or second day. None of these were on the O-dam however.