KETO diet on Sunshine and Magic

balcap

This fall I will be doing 2 cruises while maintaining my Keto diet ( may not be a choice for everyone but is important to me ).......I have been reviewing the Menus as many have posted .....and think I would probably enjoy steak and vegetables for dinner most evening so I'm thinking I ll alternate between the different steaks but my question is : will they have assorted vegetables to offer me that are not on the menu ex broccoli, cauliflour,asparagus etc ?

The beautiful thing about cruises; you can do any diet you want. Just ask your team and they shall deliver. I do keto myself. The problem is , the temptation is all over the place. Discipline is a must when you see 90% of the guests passionately consuming the non keto foods!!! Have a great trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you I will speak with our serving team to explain my request

I always ask for a side of steamed vegetables....they are never listed on the menu. Usually as per above, broccoli and cauliflower and carrots or mix thereof. Not a difficulty at all to get.

Kudos for planning on sticking with Keto! I hope you are doing it by choice and not for a condition. They will accommodate you most certainly. Go to the main dining room when you board to speak with the host. They can arrange special meals to be made for you. Happy Cruising!

You don't need to explain. You just order what you want. Why you are ordering does not matter unless you are doing a allergy pre-order.

There are those that follow Keto for health reasons. It may not be an allergy, but the reasoning behind it is important just as same.

TWINZMA..... I am very fortunate to be doing it by choice ( no medical conditions at this time) but then again one of my goals is health prevention. i have been on the plan for 7 months now and during that time I did an 8 day vacation at Disneyworld and 2 weeks poolside in Daytona/Orlando and kept on it 100 % . For me the question was : can I get access in the MDR to the vegetables that i dont remember seeing on the menu in the past. So with everyones comments, I believe it will be no problem ! Thanks all !

The crew doesn't need to listen and they don't care.

Well then I hope that you never find yourself fighting cancer like my husband is. KETO helps patients with their chemotherapy. But then again, it's none of yours nor the crews business the reason behind medical needs and special diet requests!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I guess some things never change here on the Carnival Boards and Cruise Critic! Exactly why I try to avoid both.....

Well then I hope that you never find yourself fighting cancer like my husband is. KETO helps patients with their chemotherapy. But then again, it's none of yours nor the crews business the reason behind medical needs and special diet requests!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I guess some things never change here on the Carnival Boards and Cruise Critic! Exactly why I try to avoid both.....

Exactly! I often wonder why people need to be so rude! CC is getting worse instead of better!

Over react much?

The crew does not need your medical history. They do not care why you are ordering what you are ordering. They do not care if you are on a diet or have weird eating habits or have a health issue or pour ketchup over everything. THEY WILL BRING YOU WHAT YOU WANT. You just have to order it. I said you don't have to explain and you get pissy?

Over react much?

The crew does not need your medical history. They do not care why you are ordering what you are ordering. They do not care if you are on a diet or have weird eating habits or have a health issue or pour ketchup over everything. THEY WILL BRING YOU WHAT YOU WANT. You just have to order it. I said you don't have to explain and you get pissy?

Cancer can bring out the worst in anyone :(, very understandable. Chances are you two could meet on a ship , or have met and absolutely could enjoy each others company .

I did keto on my February Vista cruise. They had broccoli available every night, so I would get that and add some extra butter. I also carried a small bottle of MCT oil in my handbag to use with the balsamic vinegar they have in carafes, and had a salad at lunch and dinner. (I did not realize they have olive oil available as well.) They still have a cheese plate on the dinner menu for dessert.

Exactly! I often wonder why people need to be so rude! CC is getting worse instead of better!

I think keto is a great way to eat. I try to eat keto as much as possible.

With that said, I could only imagine being dining staff. You'd have to hear why so many people eat a certain way. I could imagine that gets old.

I guess some things never change here on the Carnival Boards and Cruise Critic! Exactly why I try to avoid both.....[/quote

I knew you were leading up to something.sorry for your husband's cancer but we all got our problems.t he carnival boards are quite tame compared to what they used to be.i think most of those moved over to MSC.

Congratulations MECruisin......Keto diet is not for everyone but if you can adapt it into your life , it gives amazing results ! You arent by any chance on my sailings are you....Oct 28 and Nov 10 ? PS....What part of Maine are you from.....we live in Canada, very close to the Calais border

This post really gives me hope & a positive spin on being on Keto way of eating. I have been eating keto now for 100 days & plan on sticking to it. We are cruising again in December on the Paradise out of Tampa.

One of the things I enjoy about eating Keto on a cruise is the access to interesting salads. I have been known to order more than one in fact! On the Lido, there are a lot of salad fixings as well. I make up a chef salad using some type of protein and also, the deli used to be able to give you the insides of the sandwiches without the bread. Now that some have gone to pre made, you'll have to throw out the bread, but it gives a bit of variety anyway.

In addition to steak, the salmon and pork chop are IMO very good. Also, our last cruise with the kids our wait staff figured out that my youngest, even though he was 14, really couldn't tolerate cooked vegetables.(He eats a lot of salad though.) One evening, the head waiter asked if he wanted a different side. My son asked if they might happen to have raw carrots. Sure enough, each dinner after that they brought him a small dish of raw baby carrots. They really do work to accommodate requests.