Best excursion in Grand Cayman

happygo

Hello! Due to Hurricane Irma our ports have changed. Truthfully, very bummed about the changes but we are going to have fun regardless. I am truly underwhelmed by the excursion offerings on the cruise website. Please tell me the best excursion you've been on here! Thanks!!

I'm one of those glass half full people, so I don't underwhelm easily, but I think research is the key to enjoying your experience. We'd heard so much about feeding the stingrays at Stingray City, that it was a no-brainer. We chose to go with Chip at Stingray Sailing, and it was great!

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto on Chip and Stingray Sailing, if I'm not too late. Just back from a fantastic day with him last week. He definitely has the touch with the rays - those girls just drape themselves all over him - reminded me of big cats! Snorkeling was best we've done on Grand Cayman too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our itinerary was also changed from eastern to western when we sailed on the Disney Fantasy a few weeks ago. We booked a Shipwreck and Reef snorkeling excursion as a last minute thought. It was, without a doubt, the absolute highlight of our entire cruise. We were taken by bus to the Dive Center where we were briefed on the excursion and given our gear. From there, we boarded a boat that took us to the Cali’s Shipwreck. I’d read a lot about this place and I must admit that I was impressed. It was much larger than I expected. The water in the Caymans is one of the clearest I’ve ever seen. The visibility was wonderful. It felt like we could touch the wreck although we really couldn’t. From there, we moved locations to a large coral reef with tropical fish swimming all around us. We then relaxed on the boat’s front deck as we sailed back to the pier.

The crew was fantastic. Very friendly and informative, and truly made a great experience even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! We booked this last week and it's good to hear recommendations. We wanted something without a bunch of other people, and it was really affordable for the four of us (plus, if my BIL & his wife decide to join at the last minute, it can easily be accommodated). Can't wait to enjoy the beautiful water!