Millennium Live October 2014

C 2 C

Excellent posts! Please keep posting:)

I will be embarking in Yokohama at the end of your trip.....

I think Aron, the poster is using a new screen name. I don't think he is disembarking in Yokaham, I think he is on until Hong Kong.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43631248&postcount=1

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the reminder about noisy doors! I need to check my supply of duct tape in my travel bag. This is something we won't travel without. As I recall, there was even a thread on CC about uses for duct tape when traveling.

Interesting to see that Captain's Club is offering plated breakfast food again. Must be way fewer Elites and up than on the Vancouver to Japan crossing that left on September 12, 2014.

Is Happy Hour in Cosmos only or are there vouchers being given out? And what kind of numbers for VIP's in Michael's Lounge? Any huge groups onboard similar to the Cr-Con crowd? Any Thanksgiving turkey dinners for the Canadians?

Thanks for the updates!

I love Millennium Class ships more than the new S-Class. Movement horizontally and vertically is so much easier. I also love the Rendezvous Lounge for dancing and listening to live music.

We are also fortunate to call Michael's Club our near-private lounge. Life could not be better.

Millennium has a few rough spots but not enough to detract from our enjoyment.

Sounds great! my current favourites are also Millennium-Class-ships, since we have really enjoyed Summit two times! :) But we do not know the newer S-Class...

We really look forward to Millie next year and our Alaska experience.

I really like the terrace of Ocean View Buffet aft and the observation lounge (Cosmos on Millennium and revelations on Summit)...

Thanks for the reminder about noisy doors!

Interesting to see that Captain's Club is offering plated breakfast food again. Must be way fewer Elites and up than on the Vancouver to Japan crossing that left on September 12, 2014.

Is Happy Hour in Cosmos only or are there vouchers being given out? And what kind of numbers for VIP's in Michael's Lounge? Any huge groups onboard similar to the Cr-Con crowd? Any Thanksgiving turkey dinners for the Canadians?

The noise in 9096 comes from the outside grill above. We had no issue with noise from our neighbours through the door seal.

The number of elites, +s, and Z's are just over 300 on this cruise.

On the 1st leg there were 9 Zeniths, 7 on the second and 4 on this one.

Vouchers were only used on the cruise from Vancouver when the number of Elites etc. were over 600, too many for Cosmos to hold. The event is now held in Cosmos.

There was an officers gathering in Michael's yesterday with approximately 25 passengers in attendance.

There was no celebration of Canadian Thanksgiving even though it was mentioned in the "Today".... disappointing that the menu was not rearranged since the chef himself is from Canada originally and Turkey is offered on one day in the cycle.

There is no large group on board comparable to the TA President's cruise.

Yesterday was formal night except it wasn't to the majority of guests who seem to have packed lightly. Even jackets were in the minority.

Yesterday was formal night except it wasn't to the majority of guests who seem to have packed lightly. Even jackets were in the minority.

Was this in Blu- or in general on the ship?

Maybe they ran out of jacket to loan passengers ( as in the past for MDR)

Arno, I hope the seas settle down for all of you soon. I was a little bothered by the bit of rough water we had on the transpacific, but it was nothing in comparison to what you are experiencing.

Still was glad for the bit of duct tape I was given by guest services desk - stopped the drawers banging open.

We arrived in Tianjin today and the disembarkation was greatly improved over last week. The Chinese allowed two gangways this time and the ship emptied quickly.

This is not a tourist friendly nation. The terminal has a Currency exchange and information counter but both were closed. The centre of Tianjin is a $50 taxi ride away and a roundtrip (small) taxi costs $300 for a day trip to Beijing.. The chance of getting an English speaking driver at the terminal is about 1.2 billion to one. ;)

Her name is "Candy" "Your Best Chinese Tianjin Friend" a taxi facilitator who stands near the exit. Her telephone if anyone wishes to contact her in the future is 13821061741 and 13516126995.

There is free internet available in the terminal.

Tomorrow we take a Celebrity Tour to the Forbidden City.

Steve Gayda made an announcement this morning that 9 people have visited the medical centre for NLV.. usually not a good sign for the rest of the voyage. Chemical Spraying of hallways and extra cleaning is evident. Perhaps with the ship being almost empty as passengers take two and three day tours, the problem will go away.

I saw one passenger eating from a plate as she viewed the various offerings, then licked her fingers before picking up the tongs when she found another item to her liking. You just can't fix stupid.

Was this in Blu- or in general on the ship?

In the MDR.

The first pit-stop half way to Beijing from the port on the way to our tours.

Remember to curb your liquid intake before taking any tours in China. Restrooms are neither clean nor user friendly. This was the lineup last week when several buses arrived:

IMG_1838.jpg

Also bring your own toilet paper and towel for drying your hands... and a strong odour altering cream for your nostrils.

Edited by Arno.

It is Friday morning here in Tianjin and we are enjoying a restful day on board. The last two days, a brisk wind cleared the smog from the skies for a wonderful picture taking experience. Today the smog has reappeared and breathing outside air is soon a painful experience.

As a pessimist who will probably not come this way again, I carry three cameras with me, a back up Canon powershot ELPH 100HS, a newer canon that has a tendency to distort the edges and my favourite, my new iPad Air.

I will organize some shots and post them later today. Time for trivia...

Tiananmen Square... so strange to be standing at a location where recent historical events took place:

IMG_0390.jpg

The Forbidden City is huge:

IMG_0465.jpg

A local acrobatic group provided a wonderful show last night:

The light was harsh but only movie footage would do this justice.

IMG_0531.jpg

And washing the collected smog off the Spa Pool:

IMG_0584.jpg

Our departure was delayed for more than two hours as Celebrity tried to track down the passengers who had not returned their passports for Chinese inspection. Local authorities would not name the passengers who ignored pleas to go to guest relations.

The cruise terminal:

TienjinTerminal.jpg

A polluted sunset:

PollutionSunset.jpg

And a giant container ship carrying the manufactured products that contribute to the pollution:

MaerskLineandsunset.jpg