QV Royal spa passport

Bedruthen

As we have a generous OBC on our forthcoming cruise, I was contemplating taking a spa pass for the duration of the cruise. Has anyone else done this? Did you think it was worth it, currently $300 for 20 days. Does it get busy - we have a lot of sea days to fill?

Any other feedback would be welcome, thanks

As no one else has replied I can give it a bit of a go. I can't speak for the Spa on the QV as we've only ever sailed on the QM2, but assume that the facilities are similar.

The first few times we sailed the spa pass was great. We thought it was good value compared to many things on ships and great to be able to pop in and use the spa whenever we felt like it. It was rarely busy, except for around 4-5pm when it was mostly full of guest entertainers and the ship's dancers and singers which was a bit odd. It's a nice quiet area to relax and read. These were primarily colder weather sailings though with plenty of sea days and we wouldn't have had as much need for it in warmer climates.

That said, last time on the QM2 many of the facilities were very tired and run down, despite the re-fit and the pool actually closed for three days or so due to a leak. We wouldn't buy the pass again on that ship unless things have improved markedly.

As I said, I haven't seen the spa on the QV yet. If I was you I'd have a look around when you embark and make your own mind up. If it's the right itinerary where you think you might use it a lot it's probably worth it. You can normally negotiate a bit of a discount for longer voyages if you have a chat with the manager. You won't need to pay $15 a day certainly.

The spa facilities on the QV/QE and QM2 are like chalk and cheese. I thoroughly dislike the QV/QE spa - it gets very crowded, the changing rooms are out of the spa area and down a public corridor, the changing rooms are shared with the gym so are also crowded and the only thing better in the QV/QE spa are the warmed tiled beds - assuming you can get one. Personally I will never go in again - even for free.

DJ.

My husband and I have done the Spa pass on all 3 ships, most recently the QE in June. We literally were usually the only ones in the spa! We found it very relaxing and look forward to doing it again!

One day the spa was broken and we received partial credit for that day!

We will definitely get a pass on our next journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bedruthen

I believe we are on the same cruise (as per roll call), and we do have a lot of sea days, if the itinerary does not change.

I actually prefer the spa on QM2, for many of the reasons as already has been said. I think it is quite expensive in the Royal Spa in view of limited facilities; the aqua pool is certainly not for swimming, but good for muscular therapy. It can get crowded on sea days when the weather is inclement, everyone having the same idea. There is a sauna cabin at the back of the ladies/gents changing rooms which is free and rarely used. Also I find it very annoying when people just come into the area to use the larger shower cubicles!

I would prefer to spend the $$$ on some good massages, even better when they have offers, and use our balcony to laze with a book and use the outdoor swimming pools as they are always very well heated. Hopefully the temperatures will pick up once past the Azores.

Sorry if tI am off-putting, but if you are happy to idle away the hours on a bed in a steamy hot environment, then the spa is your oasis!!

Bedruthen

I believe we are on the same cruise (as per roll call), and we do have a lot of sea days, if the itinerary does not change.

I actually prefer the spa on QM2, for many of the reasons as already has been said. I think it is quite expensive in the Royal Spa in view of limited facilities; the aqua pool is certainly not for swimming, but good for muscular therapy. It can get crowded on sea days when the weather is inclement, everyone having the same idea. There is a sauna cabin at the back of the ladies/gents changing rooms which is free and rarely used. Also I find it very annoying when people just come into the area to use the larger shower cubicles!

I would prefer to spend the $$$ on some good massages, even better when they have offers, and use our balcony to laze with a book and use the outdoor swimming pools as they are always very well heated. Hopefully the temperatures will pick up once past the Azores.

Sorry if tI am off-putting, but if you are happy to idle away the hours on a bed in a steamy hot environment, then the spa is your oasis!!

Thanks LadyL, yes we are on the same cruise! I think you're probably right and we will be okay with the balcony once it gets a bit warmer. I hope we don't get any additional sea days though, as you say we have quite a few already!