Carnival's horseshoe bay beach transfer

brepri_h

Carnival's website only has 1 review on this excursion that states it's about a 30 minute bus ride to the beach, is that accurate? Also, if you have done this what type of bus is it? Open air, AC, ect? Anything else you can tell me about this excursion? I'm only going to be in Bermuda one day so I want to see the pink sand.

Carnival's website only has 1 review on this excursion that states it's about a 30 minute bus ride to the beach, is that accurate? Also, if you have done this what type of bus is it? Open air, AC, ect? Anything else you can tell me about this excursion? I'm only going to be in Bermuda one day so I want to see the pink sand.

Much better off just hiring a local driver to take you to the beach. We use them all the time. When u get off the boat and walk down the pier there will be a bunch of vans and cars. I think we just paid 7 or 10 dollars each way. And at the beach there will be a bunch of vans there that will take u back to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Much better off just hiring a local driver to take you to the beach. We use them all the time. When u get off the boat and walk down the pier there will be a bunch of vans and cars. I think we just paid 7 or 10 dollars each way. And at the beach there will be a bunch of vans there that will take u back to the ship.

Thanks. We are sticking with the ship's excursion though. We aren't generally comfortable with a local driver unless we've been to the island several times. This is our first time in Bermuda.

Thanks. We are sticking with the ship's excursion though. We aren't generally comfortable with a local driver unless we've been to the island several times. This is our first time in Bermuda.

When you say you are uncomfortable with a local driver, are you referring to a taxi driver? There are other options for getting to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The public bus drops you a short walk from the beach, or a mini-bus takes you right to the beach. Going by either enables you to decide when to go for yourself and how long you stay at the beach.

The public buses depart every 30 minutes and the mini-buses depart as they fill.

SBtS

You can be 100 per cent comfortable taking a minibus or taxi to and from Horseshoe. Does not matter if it is your first time. Very simple. No need to take a ships excursion.

Minibus.

Walk off the ship, there will be someone there offering to help. Tell him you want mini bus to Horseshoe Bay. He will direct to lane 5 (yellow).

You get on the bus, when it is full, it goes. You pay $7 per person each way. It drops you off right at the beach entrance.

Returning, walk out to the same place, there will be minibuses waiting to take you back.

EASY.

In Bermuda, there really is no need to take a ship's excursion. If you're just going to the beach, there are beach shuttles that run from the Dockyard. If I were a betting person, all the Carnival excursion will do is have a van or two take you to the beach for double the price.

Totally agree with others that you should take the mini-bus. If you take the shore excursion you will pay far more than $14 a person and in all reality they will probably walk you to the mini busses and that will be how you get there. No reason for it.

Probably just walk you down to the mini buses and put you on one of them. :D

Totally agree with others that you should take the mini-bus. If you take the shore excursion you will pay far more than $14 a person and in all reality they will probably walk you to the mini busses and that will be how you get there. No reason for it.

Based on what other cruise lines do they'll likely have chartered mini buses that are exclusively for the use of the cruise line's passengers which will load in a slightly different area than the mini buses open to non-excursion passengers, but yes...a mini bus is a mini bus is a mini bus.

• 1 month later...

We were thinking of getting the mini bus to Horseshoe bay about lunchtime.

Do you think this would be possible or would all the mini buses be queuing at the beach then to bring people back?

Thanks

We were thinking of getting the mini bus to Horseshoe bay about lunchtime.

Do you think this would be possible or would all the mini buses be queuing at the beach then to bring people back?

Thanks

It will be possible. The minibuses shuttle back and forth between the Dockyard and the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
$45 for 2beach chairs and an umbrella?? Wow that’s expensive. We will be there mid April and hoped to rent snorkel gear at Horseshoe Beach.

Mid April is not going to be beach weather. I would suggest taking a look at the beaches or doing a beach walk, they are beautiful, but going in the water or even lounging on the beach is not going to be comfortable. Water temperature chilly. Air temperature will likely be in the 60's. It might get up to 70.

Edited by Charles4515

When you say you are uncomfortable with a local driver, are you referring to a taxi driver? There are other options for getting to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The public bus drops you a short walk from the beach, or a mini-bus takes you right to the beach. Going by either enables you to decide when to go for yourself and how long you stay at the beach.

The public buses depart every 30 minutes and the mini-buses depart as they fill.

SBtS

I just mean anyone that is not Carnival. It's just my own personal rule that if I have not been there before I stick with a Carnival excursion. I feel more comfortable doing that.