Singles Cruises Over 40 Newbie Questions

Calcben32

After spending some time away from the dating scene, I've decided to do something I've never done before, and that's to go on a single's cruise.

That said, I have some questions that I'm hoping you veteran sailors can answer for me:

1.) I'm 50 years old and don't see myself interested in going on a cruise full of people who are in their 20's or early 30's. Which cruise lines offer packages that cater to more mature folks?

2.) How do you know the ratio to men vs. women prior to booking? Again, since I've never been on a cruise, I'd be quite disappointed if it ended up like the local bar scene where there are a bunch of guys sitting at the bar eyeing the two women that come in.

3.) Private room vs. Roommate: I did notice that there are some cruise lines that offer free services to match you up with a roommate approximately the same age and gender (of course). While I get the idea that it costs half as much, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose. I'm not trying to sound shallow or arrogant but what if you happened to meet a lady on the cruise and you decided you wanted some private time?

4.) Any other tips and suggestions are greatly welcomed by all! Thanks in advance for

Several cruise AGENCIES, not lines, offer monthly group singles cruises. We cannot name them, check online. Usually under and over 40 age. And usually 3 women to 1 man average. Group dines together at dinner. A few cocktail parties. Thats about it. You will pay double if you do not have them supply you with cabinmate of same sex.I did one years ago when I could not find a cabin mate on my own.For me that was the only advantage of a singles group. Participants range from maybe 1-300.Not a whole ship.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are interested do a search for singles cruises and you should get to the TA's that offer them. I have been on I think 7 of them. It is a great time . There are cocktail parties, dinner, lunch and breakfast together, excursions with the group and different ice breaker meetings. They will tell you how many are on the cruise up to date. You can request a roommate to save half the fare or pay double for you own room. There are usually more women than men on the cruise.

I have met many people men and women on the cruise that I keep in touch with via internet and Facebook. Some I have cruised with a number of times.

Give it a try I bet you will like it.

Hello :

I have been on over 35 singles cruises and yes they are a blast . There are about three singles cruises companys out there. You would have to google it . I can't say who the company's are but I like the Middle one better V

Most of the cruises I have been on the ratio is 2 gals to 1 guy and they range from 150-200 per cruise . I have met some wonderful people on these cruises and they come from all walks of life .If you go on one you will find your group of people that you will hang with . There is so much to do and you will get Hooked . Fun Fun Fun I will be going on the March 11 cruise on the Adventure of the seas out of San Juan PR The Ports are Phenomenal The best !!

C