Has anyone ever gone on a "singles" group cruise for 40+

littlemeagain

I was once booked on a ship when I discovered there would be a singles group on board. But when I looked at their activities, they were pretty much alcoholic- even their shore excursion was to a bar. I decided, not my kind of people. And when I saw the group on the ship, I decided I wasn't missing much.

So do your research to see if they're offering what you want.

Posting the URL is verboten, but if you google "hosted singles cruise" you'll find them. I'm taking my first singles cruise in March, and I'm already concerned about the amount of alcohol-related chatter in the group. I like a nice cocktail as much as the next imbiber, but I'm long past the age of getting drunk for entertainment.

I have done a number of Singles Cruises - with both major companies. You will find a mix of people who drink, and those who don't. Most of the daytime activities are not alcohol related, but are games and dance lessons. Since I am a drinker, I tend to mix with the other drinkers. On the 40+ singles cruises I would guess the mix would be about 35% heavy drinkers, and 65% minimal or non-drinkers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have taken many singles cruises, 40+ and open age group. I always have a great time. The groups range from 75 to 500 with times to meet for breakfast and lunch and activities during sea days. You can do as much or as little as you wish with the group. They have a number of private parties at night with a few having an open bar.

Dining is usually late, with the table assigned to the group having a card with the group name, so you can sit at anyone of the table for the group. There can be tours for the group in port, or you can chose one offered by the cruise line or do as you choose.

Most of those who do them are repeaters, but its never an issue if its your first time.

• 9 months later...

I did a singles cruise last winter with about 150 people. They tend to break up in to smaller groups based on age, lifestyle, intent. The most visible group are the drinking partying type, certainly, but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Even so, I also saw a lot of people come out of their shells, put down their books, have a few drinks and have a good time. It's a vacation: Eat the cake, drink the wine, wear the bikini.