Singles meet and greets

cmfoste

Ahoy!

I always attend the "travelling alone" get together, which in my experience is predominantly ladies - perhaps we're more social? I've only ever had one chap that was a bit creepy, rather than pervy in all the cruises I've done on my own. I'm in my mid 40's and had phone box red hair at the time and being quite tall, I suppose I stood out like a proverbial sore thumb!!

I tend to go primarily to meet the entertainments crew, as they're always good fun and keep an eye out for you in a non creepy way!

Been cruising on my own for 20ish years now, and never had a problem with meeting people, chatting to people and making friends for the duration (and even after), but I also enjoy the chance to have a bit of me time too.

As others have said, swing by the travelling alone get together, but don't be surprised if only a few people turn up!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread is titled "Singles meet and greets".....

This can be somewhat misleading to newcomer's...

There are Cruise Critic Meet and Greet (or Meet and Mingle) on many cruises on different lines, where members of Cruise Critic Roll Calls for a particular cruise plan a get-together, usually on the first sea day, sometimes organized by the cruise line, sometimes just someone on the Roll Call. These are for all passenger's on the roll call, single, solo, couple's, families, etc.

Sometimes, single's on the roll call will identify themselves as so, and will make plans to seek each other out at the M&G.

Then there is the ship organized gathering for solo traveler's announced in the daily program...

It is usually in some bar at around 5-6 PM, daily. It is usually hosted by a member of the cruise activities staff, who will make introduction's, plan group shore excursions, dinner's etc. After which the group may go to dinner together.

NCL conducts these in the Studio Lounge, on the ship's that have them, and sometimes even do fun activities and games there, before dinner. Outside of that hour, the Studio Lounge can only be accessed by those with Studio cabin's....