Single men vs Single women?

jen1016

Hello all...I am an avid cruiser but have always gone with family or partners. I just got back from a big family trip on the Breeze where it was the mission of every single family member and my kids to make sure I did not spend one moment alone. I have been thinking about a solo cruise for years but never looked into it. Can anyone tell me how the different cruise lines charge you? I've read that most have a singles surcharge which brings it up to the same charge as a double. Are there any FL sailings like the Epic that have cabins just for singles? I am extremely outgoing and love to be around people so this would be a great vacation option for me (as long as I didn't tell the kids, lol).:)

Hello all...I am an avid cruiser but have always gone with family or partners. I just got back from a big family trip on the Breeze where it was the mission of every single family member and my kids to make sure I did not spend one moment alone. I have been thinking about a solo cruise for years but never looked into it. Can anyone tell me how the different cruise lines charge you? I've read that most have a singles surcharge which brings it up to the same charge as a double. Are there any FL sailings like the Epic that have cabins just for singles? I am extremely outgoing and love to be around people so this would be a great vacation option for me (as long as I didn't tell the kids, lol).:)

If you are outgoing you will do just fine as a solo. ;) As it is always changing, one better call a cruise-line to see their current rates for singles. As of late Carnival seems to be charging 200% and Princess 150%, but that is just my experiences as of late. It may have changed or depend on category. From what I understand Norwegian does have some studio rooms for solos, but will charge more for them. For example the Epic standard inside cabin is listed at $600 double occupancy and the studio solo rooms go for $900...or 150% ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I am single and will be traveling alone, 26, and yes I'm a guy... But not on your cruise, I'm sure there will be plenty on board... I'm not looking to "hook up", just to relax, but if the right person came along it could happen.... I'd imagine it will be no different than on land, the right person, the right place, the right time....

You all sound like candidates for these. 2 agencies do them monthly on the main lines, not just CCL .Usually you share a cabin. They set you up with a cabinmate..They have a couple cocktail parties and you dine together.The group probably costs a few more dollars. But you will be in a guaranteed group of like minded single cruisers.I have been on many cruises, some with maybe a half dozen singles. Lets face it, we are a minority group.Both have good web sites.I did th V one. Look them up;Hosted singles cruises.

Edited by zoncom

You all sound like candidates for these. 2 agencies do them monthly on the main lines, not just CCL .Usually you share a cabin. They set you up with a cabinmate..They have a couple cocktail parties and you dine together.The group probably costs a few more dollars. But you will be in a guaranteed group of like minded single cruisers.I have been on many cruises, some with maybe a half dozen singles. Lets face it, we are a minority group.Both have good web sites.I did th V one. Look them up;Hosted singles cruises.

I wish the cruise lines would put more effort into organizing a meet & greet and MDR seating for Solo cruisers. Then it would not be necessary to pay a few dollars more.

I wish the cruise lines would put more effort into organizing a meet & greet and MDR seating for Solo cruisers. Then it would not be necessary to pay a few dollars more.

The ships do a single/solo meetings but I'm the only one to show up. Then again ~maybe~ when women walk by and see me :rolleyes: they just keep walking. Don't worry ! I will not hit on them :D

Sitting single/solos together at dinner is a great idea. It has worked out that way on Carnival. Then again, there just are not generally enough single/solo passengers to make it work.

It never occurred to me that the solo meetings were for those sailing by themselves. I always though it was for dating :-p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

No, I don't think it is for dating. I always see such meetings as a way to meet new friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably because a lot of people cruising solo now are not looking for that. Just look at the amount of studio cabins on NCL Epic/Breakaway and the amount of people that go to the solo get togethers.

I am one of those that are not interested in these organized get togethers. The one time I did go it started with a name remembering game where we had to mime our job.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of RCCL's are only 110% (my next cruise is about 120%). I usually book my own room and family and/or friends book their own rooms. If you are willing to book closer to the sailing time, this is the link to the weekly sales that they have (got it from a RCCL thread). I was told that the cruise info is updated on Thursdays and the sale is Monday and Tuesdays. I've noticed some pretty awesome deals and am looking to book another one (or two) soon.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...
CARNIVAL seems to be offering single rate same aa double on select cruises from Florida

Just booked 4 day out of Tampa 11/21 oceanview 269 total

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

COOL ! it is about time :cool:

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Honestly, the odds aren't great either way. On most of my solo cruises, I've encountered about as many single men as single women, and it's always a fairly low percentage. Single men are more likely to be traveling entirely solo, while single women are often there as part of a larger group of women - a "girls" cruise or the like. The singles gatherings are usually buried in some venue where you can't tell if someone is single or not, so it's pretty hard to find people in any case.

I'm sure if you read through enough of these threads you will read similar advice, but I'll add it here anyway. If you love cruising, are single, and want to potentially have a vacation romance, look in to group travel companies that specialize in singles. I went on one of these trips last winter, with 150 singles. Had a great time, including a vacation romance. This really solves your problem. Just google it.

• 2 months later...
Is there many single guys that travel?

My friend and I are sailing on Feb 24/13 on the Carnival Legend. I am in my early 40's and my friend is in her early 50's!

I travel with carnival often and I normally travel either with my daughter or alone .. I have met lots of amazing people from all over . Next trip is on the splendor 3-17