If We Have GeoBlue (Multi Trip) What Should I Get For Trip Interruption/Cancellation?

pirokp

Hi,

My husband and I are purchasing the GeoBlue Multi Trekker (multi-trip) Yearly Plan, but are in need of an insurance plan for our upcoming international cruise/land based trip, that gives us trip interruption/cancellation. We don't need cancel anytime, we just need something that covers us incase we have to cancel if family member is in the hospital (or we are), or if we have to interrupt our trip to fly home because a family member passes away, or is hospitalized.

Thank you!!

I have done that. I have worked with Steve before and we always bought Global Alert, as Steve suggested, great medical comprehensive package. We don't need that now, and it appears there is not one cancellation/interruption only package. Just thought someone might know of one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not aware of any cancellation only policies, they are all comprehensive which includes medical. Some people self-insure for cancellation or use credit card coverage which may or may not give you adequate cancellation coverage. Chase Sapphire is frequently mentioned.

If you will be wanting both medical and cancellation coverage on future trips, you are probably better off buying individual trip policies instead of an annual medical policy.

Because we are taking multiple trips a year, I recently researched multi-trip policies. There aren't a lot of them, but this one with RoamRight covers both medical and cancellation/interruption. It also has a pre-existing condition waiver. We are using this policy now, but have not had any claims so far.

https://www.roamright.com/trip-cancellation/multi-trip-annual-insurance-for-trip-cancellation/