Girl's Thread :) Single women, on which ship and when are you going?

Ajkcruiser

I found myself reading the "Single men, on which ship and whe are you going" and got thinking....what about us girls????? specially after reading an amazing post by Steve ( zgwortz) which I quote few paragraphs.....

Steve really nailed my single/solo travel perspective!!!

" I've debated singles cruises myself, but due to my particular interests I pretty much avoid the usual dating scene. I've heard singles cruises aren't all that much better for finding someone special than any other cruise to be honest -- they have group activities and room matching, but I can get involved in all of that on my own just as easily. (And have no real interest in a roommate unless they're sharing more than just a room... ;) )

I honestly think the likelihood of my finding someone land side who I can later take on a cruise to be that SO is much higher than my finding someone on the cruise itself, even with a singles cruise. (I actually don't particularly have trouble finding land side connections -- it's finding one who is available and wants to cruise the same time I do which is a lot more difficult...)

Mind you, that doesn't stop me from looking. I'm always going to singles meet & greets on the solo cruises I go on, hanging out in the disco, karaoke, and the piano bar at nights, dining with whatever singles table they put me at in the MDR, connecting with CC groups at their meet & greets and cocktail parties, and doing a lot of the shipboard activities. I may never connect with anyone in the process (although there's always that hope in the background), but at least I make a lot of friends (despite being somewhat introverted...) on my solo cruises that make them a lot more fun.

Which is all I really ask out of a cruise. So what if I'm not there with an SO? I can watch them scurrying around the ship, frantically trying to coordinate their schedules, while I relax and do whatever I want to do when I want to do it. Going solo is a lot more relaxing. Enjoy it. "

I am booked on the Epic Oct 2013......counting the days to book my air so it will feel real!

AJ

Edited by Ajkcruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Not even ONE post.....so I feel honoured that you replied before I got a complex.....:p

While I was on the Spirit.....I had an amazing time...made lots of friends...never ate a meal alone...and my days were not long enough to do all I planned for everyday....

This wasnt a thread to "hook up"..... on my last TA I even organized a "Girls lunch" which for reasons beyond my control I missed...but was told was a lot of fun....

Hopefully the non-shy/sneaky girls will come out and post :)

Soooo looking forward to the EPC TA

AJ

lol copy cat. women are shy/sneaky they won't say ;-)

Been on a few solo cruises with no real thought of finding a partner. Figure if it happens, it happens regardless of where :D

Usually do the M&G etc and on the Jade in January will do the singles lunch if they have one again. Met a couple of people on the Jade in April that I hung out with/had dinner with etc so that was good and enjoyed that as I don't always like eating alone. Hopefully find a few people around my age range to hang out with in January too.

Sailing on NCL Jade from Rome on January 23 2013

Fiona :p

Edited by madcat444

Have been on 6 cruises by myself....The best thing I can suggest, get involved with your roll call. It really does make all the difference. I will check the roll call before even booking a cruise. I have made lifelong friends....Out of all my cruises (both solo and with friends) there has only been 1 "meeting" (hook up)....let's just say, he turned out to be an alcoholic snake in the grass.....but that's ok....I don't go on cruises to hook up......I go because I love to cruise

My next cruise is in Dec....several more booked other than that one....I LOVE transatlantics and have another of those booked for April 2013

Another birthday dinner for AJ!

Just booked the Star TA April 21................sooo excited

And booked on the Empress Baltic May 11-18

Anybody welcome to come to the party and celebrate my b-day!!!

AJ

AJ_Birthday.jpg.3caac6cc66e24f008af3f5852f028a60.jpg

Edited by lmcgrail

Just booked the Star TA April 21................sooo excited

And booked on the Empress Baltic May 11-18

Anybody welcome to come to the party and celebrate my b-day!!!

AJ

I am so glad that you finally have told this....you have no idea how hard it was for me to be quite..... am sooo glad that you are going to be on the Star and can't wait for our cruise on the Empress...getting really excited....can't wait to see you and Karicia

Another birthday dinner for AJ!

Yes, by all means another birthday dinner for AJ

Edited by arhillbilly

I found myself reading the "Single men, on which ship and whe are you going" and got thinking....what about us girls????? specially after reading an amazing post by Steve ( zgwortz) which I quote few paragraphs.....

I'm traveling on the Mariner Dec 2nd.

Edited by redhaired browneyed girl

I said this before,,,and I am going to repeat it...Kathy...you are such a kid!!!!!

It was maybe 4 hours from the booking comfirmation got in my inbox for me to post it............having said that....I am happy and excited as well!!!!

AJ

I am so glad that you finally have told this....you have no idea how hard it was for me to be quite..... am sooo glad that you are going to be on the Star and can't wait for our cruise on the Empress...getting really excited....can't wait to see you and Karicia

Yes, by all means another birthday dinner for AJ

Yes you will.....make sure to come back and tell u how we single girls rule!!!!!

Happy journey!!!

AJ

Thank you! I can barely keep a thought in my head right now, and I have soooooo much to do. I haven't even started packing, I leave for my Dad's (in Jax, also where Fascination sails from) Thursday morning. I also have to make cranberry sauce tonight. And work tomorrow. Sigh.

I said this before,,,and I am going to repeat it...Kathy...you are such a kid!!!!!

It was maybe 4 hours from the booking comfirmation got in my inbox for me to post it............having said that....I am happy and excited as well!!!!

AJ

Yeah I know, :p....BUT I have just been bugging you about it since MAY!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing a singles cruise for the first time. I'm a single gal who has no single friends (all of my friends are married) and I don't have someone to travel with. I'm not sure what cruise lines are good for singles. I'm not crazy about Carnival as I really don't care for their "frat party" atmosphere. I just want to have a good time and meet awesome people. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Feb 2,2013, on the NOS leaving out of New Orleans...I'm nervous and excited all at the same time...

wish me luck!

I've only sailed Carnival so I can't speak to RCI but I had a FABOUS time sailing solo. I didn't feel like anyone looked at me funny after the first day-which was pretty comical, more than anything else. Explaining to my steward be didn't have to make up the second bed took a moment, until he got around to asking how many in the cabin and I said ONE. Then it was fine. The MDR waiter took a bit longer, I was almost ready to complain. But I think I was still nervous about it and not being clear or loud enough for the slight language barrier. Once my very kind table mate said very clearly, She's dining for one, he got it and no more was said. It sounds bad but it made for a very funny ice breaker conversation at that first dinner.

Otherwise it was fantastic to wander around, lazily doing what I felt like doing or not doing. You can have a go go go cruise or a lazy by the hot tub cruise-my personal choice this time around.

Don't be nervous, it was surprisingly easy, even for an introvert by nature like me, to end talking to people and having a great time. You won't want to share a cabin again!

Edited by maxandmolly
Typos!

I've only sailed Carnival so I can't speak to RCI but I had a FABOUS time sailing solo. I didn't feel like anyone looked at me funny after the first day-which was pretty comical, more than anything else. Explaining to my steward be didn't have to make up the second bed took a moment, until he got around to asking how many in the cabin and I said ONE. Then it was fine. The MDR waiter took a bit longer, I was almost ready to complain. But I think I was still nervous about it and not being clear or loud enough for the slight language barrier. Once my very kind table mate said very clearly, She's dining for one, he got it and no more was said. It sounds bad but it made for a very funny ice breaker conversation at that first dinner.

Otherwise it was fantastic to wander around, lazily doing what I felt like doing or not doing. You can have a go go go cruise or a lazy by the hot tub cruise-my personal choice this time around.

Don't be nervous, it was surprisingly easy, even for an introvert by nature like me, to end talking to people and having a great time. You won't want to share a cabin again!

Thanks for the tips!

This is my 3rd cruise (first solo). I think I will be very lazy this cruise, and no worries, I have the cabin to myself!