Single men vs Single women?

jen1016

There are singles out there. I was on the Carnival Destiny last year with a friend. On the first night we met two single women traveling together. On the second night we met 2 single friends and another single lady that was hanging out with them. The rest of the cruise we hung out together, ate together one night, and went on shore one day. It was very nice to meet and talk with new people. Just have to be friendly be open to talking.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I'm going on my 4th and 5th solo cruise in December of this year. I always have a good time and enjoying meeting new people, particularly women. In fact, I'm on a 3 day " cougar cruise" the first week of December and I hear those are a blast. I think RC is doing a little better job of organizing events for their solo cruisers. One thing I would suggest for people who want to sail solo but may be slightly uncomfortable about doing it, is find an organization or agency that specializes in single oriented cruisers. Onboard, there may be opportunities to meet during the sail away parties.

Hey there, I'm going on my 4th and 5th solo cruise in December of this year. I always have a good time and enjoying meeting new people, particularly women. In fact, I'm on a 3 day " cougar cruise" the first week of December and I hear those are a blast. I think RC is doing a little better job of organizing events for their solo cruisers. One thing I would suggest for people who want to sail solo but may be slightly uncomfortable about doing it, is find an organization or agency that specializes in single oriented cruisers. Onboard, there may be opportunities to meet during the sail away parties.

A 'cougar cruise?' LOL what is that?? Is this a sponsored event, or just what you are calling it? I'm now intrigued!

A 'cougar cruise?' LOL what is that?? Is this a sponsored event' date=' or just what you are calling it? I'm now intrigued![/quote']

Cruisin'Doc, lol I laughed when I saw it, too. Yes, it's a ponsored tour and it sounds like it would be fun. According to the company's website this year will be their 7th cougar cruise. I believe it goes against Cruise Critic's rules thopeo give you the link here but if you'll Google 'singles travel company' or even "cougar cruise“ I think you'll find the company. If you do find it, come back and post your thoughts.:)

Cruisin'Doc, lol I laughed when I saw it, too. Yes, it's a ponsored tour and it sounds like it would be fun. According to the company's website this year will be their 7th cougar cruise. I believe it goes against Cruise Critic's rules thopeo give you the link here but if you'll Google 'singles travel company' or even "cougar cruise“ I think you'll find the company. If you do find it, come back and post your thoughts.:)

I guess...wow! LOL. I'm betting the crewget a kick out of these cruises! I don't know that it would be my thing, necessarily. I can oogle younger guys with the best of 'em, lol, but I'm not really a 'party' person (prefer getting to know people on a more personal level, hah), etc. I think for people who are interested specifically in older women/younger men, though, this is a great idea, as it might be difficult otherwise to meet people with similar interests at times. Especially single ones! LOL.

I hope that you enjoy your cruise, and I definitely want a report on that one afterwards! I might be interested in their 8th annual trip! LOL

I bet guys can find single ladies more then single ladies find the single men.

Honestly, the odds aren't great either way. On most of my solo cruises, I've encountered about as many single men as single women, and it's always a fairly low percentage. Single men are more likely to be traveling entirely solo, while single women are often there as part of a larger group of women - a "girls" cruise or the like. The singles gatherings are usually buried in some venue where you can't tell if someone is single or not, so it's pretty hard to find people in any case.

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, the odds aren't great either way. On most of my solo cruises, I've encountered about as many single men as single women, and it's always a fairly low percentage. Single men are more likely to be traveling entirely solo, while single women are often there as part of a larger group of women - a "girls" cruise or the like. The singles gatherings are usually buried in some venue where you can't tell if someone is single or not, so it's pretty hard to find people in any case.

true indeed...RC seems to be making an effort to provide activities for single. There's usually something posted in the daily Cruise Compass.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a 32 year old guy that hasn't been on a good cruise since my divorce. She was my cruising partner and now I find myself lost in the cruising world. I would LOVE to go on a cruise with other singles, and have an opportunity to meet some women who share my love for cruising. I haven't even logged into Cruise Critic since the divorce, Maybe it can work out!! Glad I found this thread.

Im a 32 year old guy that hasn't been on a good cruise since my divorce. She was my cruising partner and now I find myself lost in the cruising world. I would LOVE to go on a cruise with other singles, and have an opportunity to meet some women who share my love for cruising. I haven't even logged into Cruise Critic since the divorce, Maybe it can work out!! Glad I found this thread.

If it helps, ROPD, my cruising partner is my mom! LOL. Talk about a great way to meet guys on a cruise! Hahaha. Actually, I'm just teasing. She's not actually a deterrent. But generally, friends for cruising are either married, not into cruising, or...well, yeah, that just about sums it up, hah. :D

Edited by Cruisin'Doc

• 2 weeks later...

That's right ! Single/solo people tend not to cruise.

However I am the exception ! :D I've been 15 times as a solo. Couples, families, groups of friends are 99.9% of the passengers.

Also true is the single/solo meeting is a total dud :(

About to go on my second solo cruise in 12 days. I have only cruised solo and have had a ball both times. I have the fever!! Most of my friends say that they are going, yet never do it. I ended up booking this cruise about two months ago because I was waiting on them to decide for 6 months where, when and what. I refuse to continue to wait on them. I am ready for some fun, relaxation and to meet/greet people from all over the world.

About to go on my second solo cruise in 12 days. I have only cruised solo and have had a ball both times. I have the fever!! Most of my friends say that they are going, yet never do it. I ended up booking this cruise about two months ago because I was waiting on them to decide for 6 months where, when and what. I refuse to continue to wait on them. I am ready for some fun, relaxation and to meet/greet people from all over the world.

same here ! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I found the same thing on the last two Carnival cruises that I went solo. I wanted to meet other solo cruisers and found a "Meet & Mingle" listed in the Fun Times only to arrive at the venue and see couples, children, teens and seniors with walkers. Why even bother announcing it if they are not going to do it properly. It doesn't take a Masters degree in Tourism & Hospitality to know that you need to do this in a separate room instead of the lobby. :confused:

I found the same thing on the last two Carnival cruises that I went solo. I wanted to meet other solo cruisers and found a "Meet & Mingle" listed in the Fun Times only to arrive at the venue and see couples, children, teens and seniors with walkers. Why even bother announcing it if they are not going to do it properly. It doesn't take a Masters degree in Tourism & Hospitality to know that you need to do this in a separate room instead of the lobby. :confused:

I will announce my presence to one of the staff, not that it would make much difference. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I always cruise solo, well mostly anyway.

You would go to a bar or club alone, yes?

well why not cruise.

Go to have fun, and if you go with an open friendly attitude you will meet lots of lovely people of both sexes, but be careful if all you are doing is to hook up.

I go to make friends and meet others of like mind, and if I happen to meet someone where it starts to head somewhere then I am glad. This does not happen so much as I am slow to move, and want really to get to know someone properly. A cruise can be a false environment, and therefore not show the true person. The relationship ten quickly falls on hard times

Enjoy the cruises with the company of all you meet, and you will have a blast

Don't be scared.

See you cruising somewhere

Greg:)

I always cruise solo, well mostly anyway.

You would go to a bar or club alone, yes?

well why not cruise.

Go to have fun, and if you go with an open friendly attitude you will meet lots of lovely people of both sexes, but be careful if all you are doing is to hook up.

I go to make friends and meet others of like mind, and if I happen to meet someone where it starts to head somewhere then I am glad. This does not happen so much as I am slow to move, and want really to get to know someone properly. A cruise can be a false environment, and therefore not show the true person. The relationship ten quickly falls on hard times

Enjoy the cruises with the company of all you meet, and you will have a blast

Don't be scared.

See you cruising somewhere

Greg:)

true... it is a false environment. People who cruise tend to be outgoing but we only are presented with one side of them. I tend to believe in playing the game to the fullest & having fun with it. :p

true... it is a false environment. People who cruise tend to be outgoing but we only are presented with one side of them. I tend to believe in playing the game to the fullest & having fun with it. :p

I agree with your viewpoint.

I just see so many getting into a relationship and being let down at the end when reality sets in.

Plus gets awkward on a long cruise if you meet and then break up through the cruise - your stuck there with them for x more days or weeks

As long aspeople are going in with open eyes like you, they get what they are after.

take care and keep cruising

Greg

I agree with your viewpoint.

I just see so many getting into a relationship and being let down at the end when reality sets in.

Plus gets awkward on a long cruise if you meet and then break up through the cruise - your stuck there with them for x more days or weeks

As long aspeople are going in with open eyes like you, they get what they are after.

take care and keep cruising

Greg

I realized early that cruises are not for the pick-up or hook-ups but to make friends. For one week I have friends running out my ears. Then we go our separate ways knowing that such friendships were never sustainable. Then I'll book another cruise and the cycle starts again.

Have fun on your cruises too Greg :)

The cruise roll calls are great for cruising solo. I managed to find friends who have committed to going on my next 2 cruises (although personally I'm only counting on one actually following through) but only going that route because its cheaper. The last two cruises I had a friend onboard but had my own room. (It's so nice!) Otherwise I've made great friends through the roll call and actually it will be my 4th time sailing with some in October!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

The cruise roll calls are great for cruising solo. I managed to find friends who have committed to going on my next 2 cruises (although personally I'm only counting on one actually following through) but only going that route because its cheaper. The last two cruises I had a friend onboard but had my own room. (It's so nice!) Otherwise I've made great friends through the roll call and actually it will be my 4th time sailing with some in October!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I love those roll calls. On my last cruise we talked so much here on CC that we organized...one informal meeting, one formal meeting with crew, one group dinner, one sail-away party, one shore excursion, a nightly a get together each evening, and one reunion cruise. It usually doesn't work out to that extent. :D