Singles meet and greets

cmfoste

Hi all, I've been on a few cruises now but never bothered to go to the singles meet and greet as I figured it would be all dirty old men there. I'm not looking to 'hook up' maybe just find another single parent to hang out with. Does anyone have any experience with these? Is there any point in going? :confused:

On my first cruise 2 years ago I traveled with friends (Allure) , but I still attended the meet and greet. It was a small group, mostly in their 50s, mostly women, but friendly. It was only 10 people there, I didn't stay. But to be honest, I observed many older groups on the ship as opposed to my 2nd cruise on the Norwegian (weekend cruise). It was tons of lively people of between 20s and 50s. Way more wild bunch.

So perhaps it was the cruise itself that lured that particular demographic.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the singles meet and greet on the Breakaway in October. I met my now boyfriend at the Singles Meet and Greet on the first night. It was the single best decision I ever made in my life. We are going on the NCL Escape together in April. I'm also moving the NYC to be with him in June. All that being said, GO TO THE MEET AND GREETS!!! What do you have to lose?

PS - We are both in our early 30s, but there were people of all ages in attendance! : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to know it's possible to meet someone during a cruise. I've attended the singles meet n' greet on several cruises but found them lacking in male attendance.

Will try it again on my next cruise....yay!

• 2 weeks later...

My latest meet and greet and been on NCL Pearl, mostly females and mostly elder females.

The best meet and greets are on NCL Breakaway, Epic, Gateway, Escape. They attract the most solos on these ships because they have solo cabins.

I have been on Breakaway, it was the most fun I had because I was able to meet so many solos. And mind you I am an introvert, not into group meets and gathering. So I just went to one meet the first day of the cruise. After I meet people, I just got together with the once that I thought I would have in common with separately. With one I went dinning with, with the other dancing. It really was the most fun solo cruise out of my 15 solo cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has a cruise planned please share. I am middle 50's and have cruised, and trying to build up courage to cruise solo :) Not looking for a guy or anything like that, just other solo cruisers to maybe plan a dinner or an excursion with :)

• 2 weeks later...

yes, the "rollcall" section above is where you locate your ship and within that thread yu will see if a meet and greet has been planned.

do you mind sharing which ship and date? I have been mulling over two cruises, one out of Miami or a Mediterranean cruise... and then that Paris flight disappeared :/

Are you female? Would you be interested in a transatlantic cruise to Copenhagen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Martha, not sure if you were asking me or the prior poster :) but yes!, female mid 50's. I would love to do the Baltic Sea cruise. I look that one over as well. Were you looking at a specific date? The only month I am not available is September.

Edited by marchsail

• 3 weeks later...
Fabulous-contact me at frymb9@bellsouth.net!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I lost my husband a little over a year ago and am ready to start traveling again. I am 62 and still enjoy a good time. I see you are also from Fl. If you happen to plan a cruise I would love to go. Let me know if it would be ok to contact you.

I lost my husband a little over a year ago and am ready to start traveling again. I am 62 and still enjoy a good time. I see you are also from Fl. If you happen to plan a cruise I would love to go. Let me know if it would be ok to contact you.

Not sure if you meant to reply to my comment or not, since the quote in your message was another users reply to my question about solo cruising. Thought I'd reply anyway :)

I sent you a private message too. Not sure how that works but I had to first request you as a 'contact" or something like that. I have a 7-day cruise I'm looking at and want to see if you are interested. Anyway, please send me a private message or reply so that we are approved as contacts :)

hmmmm, trying to find a way to message, but I do see you as a friend now. so confused.

Are you on facebook? if so, can you send me an email and I will send you a link to my facebook... then we can text via messenger :)

here is email:

rafff [at ] cox {dot} net

• 2 months later...
Going on HollandAmerican cruise beginning June. Looking forward to the cruise but weary of being on my own. Do they have meet an greet on these ships?

Sailed Holland to Alaska this spring. Attended their solo/single meet & greet (not a CC/roll call event). Was well hosted and met some very nice people. Had dinner and cocktails with a few throughout the week.

There was one solo/single event each day for the first four days.

Glad I attended.

• 2 months later...