Cruising Single

wendysue44

The love of my life and partner in crime passed away recently so in February, I will be crusing on the Sunshine by myself. Is there anything you can suggest that is a must for a single cruiser? I have my time dining, do the have tables for one? Is there a singles meet and greet offered? This will be the first time I have cruised by myself and I refuse to be stuck in my cabin when we are not at ports!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Sorry for your loss.

If it were me, I'd choose to dine at a table with lots of "new friends" instead of a table for one, not sure if you can do this with ATD. (I choose this same option when traveling with just my daughter too; I love hearing of my new friends' adventures)

Edited by new_cruiser_75

Oh so, so,sorry for your loss. I am sure cruising without your love will be bittersweet. (My dh has stage 4 cancer so I am always interested in talking to people who cruise alone to see how they manage their time on-board). The best thing is you know YOU. Give yourself lots of options for alone time and social time. The singles get together sounds like a plan. Also, perhaps look for other singles on the roll call for your cruise.

Most of all, let the sea work its magic on you. For me, the ship is secondary to the majesty and healing powers of the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So sorry for your loss. Attended your roll call and get to know others. In addition, there will be a singles meet and greet. Also you might want to switch to same time dinning and request to be seated with others. You will be amazed just how many solo cruisers are out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The love of my life and partner in crime passed away recently so in February, I will be crusing on the Sunshine by myself. Is there anything you can suggest that is a must for a single cruiser? I have my time dining, do the have tables for one? Is there a singles meet and greet offered? This will be the first time I have cruised by myself and I refuse to be stuck in my cabin when we are not at port!

I'm sorry for your loss.

The only must is that you set your mind to allow yourself to have fun, and then do fun things.

I have seen singles meets and greets listed on all of my Carnival cruises, and most times more than one. I have never been to one, because I do not think they are focused enough. YMMV.

Yes, they have tables for two in the YTD section. They will give you one if you want one and one is available. Or you can dine with others if some group is willing to let you. Your choice. As others have mentioned, fixed dining will allow you to meet others for sure, and I have heard that they do a good job of pairing singles with other solo travelers. Again, it's your choice.

I like the attitude in your last sentence. This gives me hope that you will make the best of things.

• 3 months later...