Carnival vs royal carribean for college spring break

Hawkhockey88

Hi I'm going to be going on a cruise for college spring break and I was wondering what would have a bigger party, carnival or royal carribean. I know carnival is the "party" ship. But has that changed over the years with their new age requirements

I've been on both lines about 10 times but never on Spring Break. Otherwise I would think Carnival still has an edge there but the prices during spring break are going to be high which would exclude most College age kids not sailing on Daddy's Money-not that there is anything wrong with that!!! Seems like on most cruises the highest concentration of singles is usually in that age group. I usually cruise during late August and I would say Carnival has the better late nite Party/ Club Scene

Okay the carnival is 4 days on liberty leaving out of orlando and two stops in Bahamas.

Royal is on empress of the sea with 5 days and a stop in key west and Cozumel leaving out of Miami.

So the carnival will be the more party oriented cruise even though you can't be under 21 without someone 25

The Empress of the Seas is a much older cruise ship-it actually just returned to the RCCL fleet after sold to a related corporate cruise line. I would still go for Carnival based upon your criteria. RCCL's newer ships attract younger cruisers because they have a great sports deck-but I'm not sure the Empress of the Seas has those upgrades. If you are looking to party though almost every Carnival cruise ship I've been on has had a better dedicated venue for the club scene than Royal Caribbean.-at least for singles. The Empress though has a much better itinerary including Cozumel. Is there a Carnival cruise ship out of say Miami an option-since they often have a Cozumel stop

• 3 weeks later...