Port of Quebec: How soon can I drop off luggage?

aprilsp88

Hi,

Does anyone know how soon can I drop off luggage in port of Quebec? This is for a Princess cruise at pier 22, that will stay overnight. The luggage storage seems to be only for disembarking passengers only.

Thanks,

April

Hi,

Does anyone know how soon can I drop off luggage in port of Quebec? This is for a Princess cruise at pier 22, that will stay overnight. The luggage storage seems to be only for disembarking passengers only.

Thanks,

April

Since no one has answered your question here, you might try posting or searching here (East Coast Departures): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

or ask on your roll call.

Just back from our Canada / New England cruise. I read on the boards before we left that luggage could be dropped after 9. I think that is correct...but....it turned out to be more complicated than we anticipated. We actually ended up talking to 7 people in 3 different locations before we found someone to take the bags. Very odd. We were there around 9:15 and I am guessing we were the first ones to drop bags. Everyone was very friendly and kept pointing us to other people...it just took awhile to find the people to take them. There were other people arriving as we were leaving, so I know we got to the right place (and our bags were already at our room when we embarked). I would recommend waiting until at least 9:30......:p

ubd is the best kept secret on princess food can be tweaked i always order escargot for app and the staff handle the dinner supurbly. just outside your door and on the spot when needed but not hovering dinner plus top shelf cocktail,champagne,flowers,picture,private, nothing like it!!! and if you pay attention to where you choose to do it for instance sailaway from hong kong monte carlo etc..... it can be extraordinary

What I read was to arrive any time after 9...but as I said, I think I would wait until at least 9:30. Let someone else be the first one to want to drop bags. :p I think they first have to be done getting all the bags off from the previous cruise.

The instructions I read were:

"Head towards Dalhousie and Quai St-André intersection (Café du Monde’sentrance). You will be directed towards the baggage drop".

It is right at that intersection, but when we got there it looked like it was blocked off to go into the port. (This was our first mistake and we tried going further down the road.) There was a guy standing there, so you need to drive in and stop and tell him you are trying to find where to drop your bags for the Crown Princess. He will then point you to another guy---can't remember---we might have had to show our boarding document to him? That next guy then directed us to another area where we parked. We got out and told the next person and they said wait a minute and went and got someone else. 2 people came back with him and they were the right people and they were fine with it as long as we had the tags on our bags. Seemed a bit disorganized as we were parked by some buses, so felt like we were a bit in the way...I think they were leaving from the previous cruise...so another reason to wait until 9:30 at least.

It all worked out and everyone was very nice. You just have to 'pack some patience' that it might be a little more confusing than anticipated. :rolleyes: