Princess stole 5 hours from me.

antsp

Last April I did a Transatlantic cruise on the Crown Princess, Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, for 5 nights on the run Princess put the clocks back 1 hour and stole an hour from my beloved cruise, no amount of complaining at the pursers desk helped.

Well 6 months later I’m getting my own back, I’m doing a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale so I will get my stolen 5 hours back, but here’s the clever bit, I’m starting in Barcelona so I’ll get 6 hours added on to my cruise. Haha Princess I win.......... is stealing 1 hour back from them worse than smuggling booze :o

Last April I did a Transatlantic cruise on the Crown Princess, Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, for 5 nights on the run Princess put the clocks back 1 hour and stole an hour from my beloved cruise, no amount of complaining at the pursers desk helped.

Well 6 months later I’m getting my own back, I’m doing a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale so I will get my stolen 5 hours back, but here’s the clever bit, I’m starting in Barcelona so I’ll get 6 hours added on to my cruise. Haha Princess I win.......... is stealing 1 hour back from them worse than smuggling booze :o

Will the airline taking you to Barcelona be taking six hours from you?

Will the airline taking you to Barcelona be taking six hours from you?

They'll be even with her too since she got extra hours from the last trip going the other way. Guess everything will even out one way or another.......:confused:

I never know if I get younger or older when I fly fromUK to Australia...I suppose it depends which way round the world I fly. But then I have to fly back, so I end up the same age. Thats why Im cruising part of the eay this time...you know it makes sense😜

On a cruise from LA to South Pacific and back to LA, Princess saved us from losing Halloween Day! We crossed the international date line just before calling on the port of Apia in Samoa. Their date was Nov. 1, but the ship kept its ship date on Oct. 31! We crossed the IDL 4 times on that trip, so the time changes and dates got very confusing.

You're actually be "getting" 7 hours back. We have 7 times changes this TA, as we arrive in Port Everglades the day after the USA "fall back" time change. So really, you're ahead of the game with a whole extra hour in there after flight times, previous TA, etc..

How about losing a whole day?? When we did the LA to Sydney we flew to LA, crossed the international dateline losing a day but gained it back on the way home. There were some folk from Europe who flew to LA east to west but were flying home west losing a whole day and never getting it back!

Hate to see the OP's post if and when they cross the International Date Line :p We have done that a few times and on one crossing there was a passenger that missed her birthday! Imagine her CC post.

Hank