Bridgetown, Barbadoes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:03 AM.
#21
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
We've been to Barbados 4times I think. The first time we took a NCL tour on a boat. We went around the island, stopped at some beaches and swam with the sea turtles. The second time, we took a cab to the Hilton and got a day pass to their facilities -- that was great -- a beautiful beach, bar and pools. I'm no sure if they still offer the day pass, but it was very nice. Once we went to the boatyard -- a nice beach, but a bit crowded. The food was somewhat expensive but good. The last time we were there, it was the Barbados Independence Day. It was very interesting because we were able to watch their ceremonies from our balcony on the ship - the participants and dignitaries marched to a large field where they marched and gave speeches. Very impressive! It rained that day so we just did a bit of shopping and returned to the ship. All in all, we like Barbados -- it's a beautiful place. One thing I haven't done is eat a flying fish sandwich! ( don't you just love watching those little fellows "flying" in front of and beside the ship?
Oh my gosh...I don't know if I could eat those little fellows LOL. Hmm...Hilton day pass sounds wonderful to me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." (Albert Einstein)






Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Carnival Miracle - 01/11 B2B 02/11
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/16
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
#22
11,758 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by kparker
Oh my gosh...I don't know if I could eat those little fellows LOL. Hmm...Hilton day pass sounds wonderful to me.
My thoughts too!
#23
Southern New Jersey
839 Posts
Joined May 2002
I love to watch the flying fish, but I couldn't eat them. :-(
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity - Caribbean (5) - Bermuda, Canada - 2
RCCL - Alaska, 10 Caribbean, Canada, Bermuda
Holland America - Panama Canal and South America, Alaska -
Princess - Caribbean - 4
NCL - Caribbean - 6; Baltic, Hawaii, Bahamas, Mediterranean (2).
Costa - l - Caribbean
MSC - 6 Caribbean





Jan & Lou
from Glassboro, NJ



45 Cruises
#24
Phila, PA
377 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Hi all I haven't been around much but trying to catch up. What's every one doing in Barbados? I wanted to go to Harrison caves and swim with the turtles. Maybe snorkle. Anyone know how I can do this or would be interested in joining my husband Scott( 50) and me (46)? Thanks,
Denise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2003 RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas (Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
June 2006 Carnival Miracle (Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
Oct 2006 NCL Pride of America Hawaii
July 2007 Carnival Liberty (Panama, Costa Maya, Costa Rica)
Sep 2008 Carnival Miracle (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Torotola)
Aug 2009 Carnival Legend (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Honduras)
Mar 2010 RCCL Explorer of the Seas (St. Thomas, Sint Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua, Puerto Rico)
May 2010 RCCL Radiance of the Seas (San Diego to Alaska)
Oct 2010 NCL Jewel (NE and Canada)
Mar 2011 RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Labadee, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten, St.Thomas, Tortola)
Dec 2011 NCL GEM ( Florida and Bahamas)
Apr 2012 RCCL Explorer of the Seas (Bermuda, Labadee, Sint Maarten, Puerto Rico)
Oct 2012 NCL Star (Bermuda)
Oct 2012 NCL Star (Repo NY to NO- St.Thomas, Antigua, Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel)
Apr 2013 NCL Jewel (Panama Canal, NY to LA- Miami, Columbia, Costa Rica, Puerto Chalapas, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas)
Oct 2013, Celebrity Xpedition, (Galapagos)
Sept 2014, NCL Breakaway (Bermuda)
Dec 2014, NCL Gem (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts)
Feb 2015, NCL Breakaway, Cruise to Nowhere
April 2015, RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Labadee)
Nov 2015, NCL Breakaway, Florida and Bahamas
April 2016, RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Hawaii to Vancouver
Oct 2016, NCL Dawn (Puerto Rico, Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
Dec 2016, NCL Gem (St. Kitts, St. Martin, St. Thomas, Tortola)
Feb 2017, Celebrity Equinox (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Mardis Gras in New Orleans)

Upcoming (subject to change)
NCL Gem, October 2017
NCL GEM, December 2017
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, April 2018
NCL Jewel, August 2018
RCCL Granduer of the Seas, Dec 2018
NCL Jade, March 2019
#25
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
We were thinking about a day pass but will probably go to Boatyard/ Lobsters alive or similar. Has anyone been here? Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#26
11,758 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Rockapulco
We were thinking about a day pass but will probably go to Boatyard/ Lobsters alive or similar. Has anyone been here? Fran
Yes we have been there many times.
It is very close to the port. Boatyard provides return transportation back to the port for $1 (first time I was there it was free, last time it was $1) if you buy chair rentals or food. It is a favorite haunt of NCL crew and it is usually packed with passengers and crew. So at times it is very difficult to find chairs and umbrellas, not to mention seats at their bar/cafe. The beach there used to be pristine and lovely, but since the past few times, it was getting quite dirty and polluted with plastic bags and trash. But yes it is a fun and happening place!
Since we have been there many times, we want to try a different beach this time. Still researching on the port of call boards.
#27
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by Arzeena
Yes we have been there many times.
It is very close to the port. Boatyard provides return transportation back to the port for $1 (first time I was there it was free, last time it was $1) if you buy chair rentals or food. It is a favorite haunt of NCL crew and it is usually packed with passengers and crew. So at times it is very difficult to find chairs and umbrellas, not to mention seats at their bar/cafe. The beach there used to be pristine and lovely, but since the past few times, it was getting quite dirty and polluted with plastic bags and trash. But yes it is a fun and happening place!
Since we have been there many times, we want to try a different beach this time. Still researching on the port of call boards.

Not feeling the crowded , dirty part of the boatyard beach. Will look elsewhere... Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#28
St. Clairsville, OH
1,059 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
We are going to go for the day pass at the Hilton. If you are interested, google search -- Barbados Ultimate Resort Beach Break (for cruise ship passengers).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess -- 2016
NCL Breakaway -- 2015, 2015
NCL Getaway -- 2014
Celebrity Reflection -- 2014, 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Sapphire Princess -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Dawn -- 2010, 2010, 2011,2012,2013 2013
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
#29
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
We are going to go for the day pass at the Hilton. If you are interested, google search -- Barbados Ultimate Resort Beach Break (for cruise ship passengers).
We are booking this as well. With meals . Want to share a cab? Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#30
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by Rockapulco
We are booking this as well. With meals . Want to share a cab? Fran

Husband tells me we have already completed the reservation form with island Mktg. and deposit accepted. Cabs are $5. per person . Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#31
St. Clairsville, OH
1,059 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Yes, that sounds like a good plan!

Gail and Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess -- 2016
NCL Breakaway -- 2015, 2015
NCL Getaway -- 2014
Celebrity Reflection -- 2014, 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Sapphire Princess -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Dawn -- 2010, 2010, 2011,2012,2013 2013
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
#32
St. Clairsville, OH
1,059 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
Yes, that sounds like a good plan!

Gail and Bob
I always feel better going with someone else from the ship. We might fall asleep and miss the rest of the cruise - lol! You can make sure we get back in time!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess -- 2016
NCL Breakaway -- 2015, 2015
NCL Getaway -- 2014
Celebrity Reflection -- 2014, 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Sapphire Princess -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Dawn -- 2010, 2010, 2011,2012,2013 2013
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
#33
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
I agree , always like others with me- if we miss the ship you can supply the tissues! Seriously, we'll all cab together to the Hilton or we'll be in a cab caravan! Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#34
Rochester, NY
801 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
We did this tour last time in Barbados and enjoyed it so much we're going again. Owner Gina is super, and has a great staff. We were treated very well, the food was excellent, the snorkel & sail wonderful. One of the best boat/snorkel tours we've ever taken, not the cheapest, but sooo worth a few more $. If you book be sure to tell Gina you are with the CC group, as we'll all travel together (transport to/from the ship is included). www.calabazasailingcruises.com

From Gina's email: "Our rates are US$110.00 per person (children under 12 years are US$90.00) for the five hour lunch cruise, we limit ourselves to 12 guests to provide a more intimate and personal setting.
Transport is included, banana bread upon boarding, hors'doeuvres, buffet lunch, dessert and of course drinks. Lunch is typically, rice, pasta, couscous, garlic bread, green salad, mixed salad, bean salad, vegetable or coleslaw, fish and either chicken, pork, ham or beef. Please let me know of any food allergies when booking.
We do two snorkel stops, one at the turtles and one at a reef and/or wreck, another stop for lunch and a swim. Please note there are only a couple of spots where one is more or less guaranteed to see the turtles and it does tend to get crowded, as of course other boats go to see the turtles as well, we do try to avoid the crowds whenever we can, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

Our crew will be in the water with you at all the snorkel stops for guidance and assistance, and they are getting pretty good with the underwater camera, taking some really fantastic pictures, which we usually email to you after the cruise.

The location of our second stop for snorkeling at a reef and/or shipwreck depends a lot on sea and wind conditions, and most of the time we choose to snorkel on a reef that is nice, but not the number one reef in Barbados, however, it does make for a better and more relaxed snorkel experience, as there is no current and its closer to the beach .
Masks, snorkels and fins are provided and have snorkel vests if needed. We also have two bathrooms on board, boys and girls, just in case
There is plenty of shade and sunny spots on the boat for the fair skinned and for the tan lovers. Getting into the water is via a swim ladder at the back, any difficulties, our crew stands by to give you a helping hand. "
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GOOGLE SHEETS FOR FUTURE SAILINGS (click Expand Signature to view)
SUN Feb 3, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
SUN Feb 17, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HttuorFB8palz0-7jeWlmBfyCvjoS7p3yLLbKbNIOxo/edit?usp=sharing
SUN March 5, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
SUN March 9, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
SUN March 16, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-AHV_1nNEW5WPKxniCOBsXXxCtdHs8bcxDp2VPppaaA/edit?usp=sharing
BREAKAWAY Sept 23, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
BREAKAWAY Oct 2, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
BREAKAWAY Oct 16, 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
#35
578 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
We are going to go for the day pass at the Hilton. If you are interested, google search -- Barbados Ultimate Resort Beach Break (for cruise ship passengers).
Gail, Just made a reservation for this Beach Break. I see Fran and Bill are also doing this excursion. Thanks for posting the info! Ted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HORIZON 09-02-95; RCL VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 10-30-05; RCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 01-27-07; RCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 02-15-08; NCL DAWN 01-31-09




#36
St. Clairsville, OH
1,059 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by ESCARGO
Gail, Just made a reservation for this Beach Break. I see Fran and Bill are also doing this excursion. Thanks for posting the info! Ted.
Yea! Sounds like a plan! It really is nice - lots of room to walk down the beach to ? (:


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess -- 2016
NCL Breakaway -- 2015, 2015
NCL Getaway -- 2014
Celebrity Reflection -- 2014, 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Sapphire Princess -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Dawn -- 2010, 2010, 2011,2012,2013 2013
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
#37
578 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
Yea! Sounds like a plan! It really is nice - lots of room to walk down the beach to ? (:


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
And I just read Barbados has FREE Wi-Fi all over the island!! It looks like I'll be making people back home jealous!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HORIZON 09-02-95; RCL VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 10-30-05; RCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 01-27-07; RCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 02-15-08; NCL DAWN 01-31-09




#38
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by ESCARGO
Gail, Just made a reservation for this Beach Break. I see Fran and Bill are also doing this excursion. Thanks for posting the info! Ted.

Lots of CC buddies joining us! Heard the resort is wonderful! Really looking forward to it. Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#39
Central Massachusetts, USA
876 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by darlak8
We did this tour last time in Barbados and enjoyed it so much we're going again. Owner Gina is super, and has a great staff. We were treated very well, the food was excellent, the snorkel & sail wonderful. One of the best boat/snorkel tours we've ever taken, not the cheapest, but sooo worth a few more $. If you book be sure to tell Gina you are with the CC group, as we'll all travel together (transport to/from the ship is included). www.calabazasailingcruises.com

From Gina's email: "Our rates are US$110.00 per person (children under 12 years are US$90.00) for the five hour lunch cruise, we limit ourselves to 12 guests to provide a more intimate and personal setting.
Transport is included, banana bread upon boarding, hors'doeuvres, buffet lunch, dessert and of course drinks. Lunch is typically, rice, pasta, couscous, garlic bread, green salad, mixed salad, bean salad, vegetable or coleslaw, fish and either chicken, pork, ham or beef. Please let me know of any food allergies when booking.
We do two snorkel stops, one at the turtles and one at a reef and/or wreck, another stop for lunch and a swim. Please note there are only a couple of spots where one is more or less guaranteed to see the turtles and it does tend to get crowded, as of course other boats go to see the turtles as well, we do try to avoid the crowds whenever we can, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

Our crew will be in the water with you at all the snorkel stops for guidance and assistance, and they are getting pretty good with the underwater camera, taking some really fantastic pictures, which we usually email to you after the cruise.

The location of our second stop for snorkeling at a reef and/or shipwreck depends a lot on sea and wind conditions, and most of the time we choose to snorkel on a reef that is nice, but not the number one reef in Barbados, however, it does make for a better and more relaxed snorkel experience, as there is no current and its closer to the beach .
Masks, snorkels and fins are provided and have snorkel vests if needed. We also have two bathrooms on board, boys and girls, just in case
There is plenty of shade and sunny spots on the boat for the fair skinned and for the tan lovers. Getting into the water is via a swim ladder at the back, any difficulties, our crew stands by to give you a helping hand. "

Hi, We are doing this too! It will be me, my daughter Nicole, and DS and BIL Terry and Jon. Can't wait! Mary Ann
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87
Royal Majesty 5/97
Sea Princess 3/01
Carnival Triumph 1/02
Carnival Sensation 10/02
Carnival Triumph 5/04
Carnival Miracle 5/05
NCL Majesty 4/07
Carnival Destiny 9/07
NCL Dream 10/08
NCL Spirit 9/09
Carnival Spirit 10/09
NCL Spirit 9/10
NCL Jewel 12/10
Carnival Pride 3/11
Carnival Pride 11/11
RC Explorer of the Seas 4/12
NCL Star 10/12
Carnival Glory 7/13
Carnival Splendor 11/13
Carnival Valor 8/14
NCL Dawn 10/24/14
NCL Dawn 11/7/14
Carnival Breeze 3/28/15
Carnival Liberty 5/3/15
Carnival Splendor 8/12/15

#40
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
I am thinking of booking a catamaran cruise in Barbados with Silver Moon. Has anyone used them before? They have 2 different cruises. One has a max of 12 people($115) and one has a max of 24 people($92.50). Both are 5 hours and include lunch and drinks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura



Star Princess-5/7/2013~3 night~pacific coastal
NCL Star-10/21/2012~14 night~southern caribbean
NCL Dawn-11/2/2011~11 night~southern caribbean
NCL Sky-12/2009~4 night~bahamas
RCI Rhapsody-8/2009~7 night~alaska
RCI Mariner-8/2008~7 night~eastern caribbean