Quick Review MSC Divina

asctony

We just got off of the Divina. The ship is very elegant! Many lounges that are excellent in many aspects, such as; Elegance, Quiet and Relaxing. The entertainment is excellent and they have Production Shows (Musical singing & dancing) every night. They do not have comedy, jugglers, etc., since many passengers are not from the US. Yes, they do use many languages in their announcements.

We arrived at the Port at about 10AM and checked in quickly, as Black Members we were the first to board. They do not register your credit card when checking in. You must do that with 48 hours on the ship near Guest Relations where they have self help terminals like a mini ATM where you slide your Boarding Pass then your Credit Card. Very quick and simple.

We found everything to be very good. Prices are extremely reasonable for their Drink Packages and drinks, too. Much cheaper than the other cruise lines. Never had any problems with ordering drinks. With the Inclusive Beverage Package you can get water, coffee drinks and liquor drinks. Whereas, on NCL for example, you can not get water or coffee drinks with that package. In the MDR you may use your Bev Pkg to order drinks and water. They have Liter bottles that they will give you in the MDR during your meal. If you are a wine drinker they will normally bring the whole bottle to your table and pour as needed. You will sign for drinks, but the total will always be zero if you have a pkg.

The most common discussed item seems to be the food. Food is very subjective. They don’t provide lobster or shrimp as a norm in the MDR. We found the food acceptable, but the problem was the temperature of the food. Regardless, MDR or Buffet, it was never HOT, only warm.

Don’t get turned off by the Italian Steak House because the decor is somewhat I consider to be like a Johnny Rockets. The food is very good there. Black Card members will get 2 Free Specialty Restaurant dining options. On the Divina you may pick anything from their regular menu. We chose the Galaxy (Deck 16 overlooking the Pool Deck) and Steak House on Deck 7. Both were very good. Make reservations.

They have various Wi-Fi packages that range $6.90 to $29.90 per day and from $19.90 to $79.90 plus per cruise depending on the type of package and number of cruise days. I did not buy or use their Internet, so I have no idea of how fast or slow it may be.

Made this longer than I anticipated, so if you have a question, fell free to ask. You answer may cost you! LOL

You all should have a GREAT cruise and enjoy the ship. It is one of our favorites.

Thank you for your review. I am considering a cruise on the Divina for the Spring. I keep reading that drinks are cheaper than on most cruise lines but I haven’t seen any actual prices quoted. How much would a typical non premium cocktail cost or a drink package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have friends on Divina as we speak. I keep checking in the MSC side to see if a Live review happens to pop up. I usually hang out in the RCI threads but the pictures I see, youtube videos I watch, are having me want to come over more often.:)

Thanks for your review. I'm sure my friends are having a great time their first cruise ever.

dp

I have friends on Divina as we speak. I keep checking in the MSC side to see if a Live review happens to pop up. I usually hang out in the RCI threads but the pictures I see, youtube videos I watch, are having me want to come over more often.:) Thanks for your review. I'm sure my friends are having a great time their first cruise ever.

dp

We cruise many cruise lines such as Celebrity (Elite+), HAL (Copper), MSC (Black Card), NCL (Gold), Princess (Elite), RCI (Diamond+) and Costa. There is no one Cruise Line that is the best. They all have something to offer. Try them just to see what each has to offer. Each cruise is a different experience! Each ship is different even though they may be the same Cruise Line and same ship class.

Enjoy each cruise!!!

We recently sailed on Divina also after 21 NCL cruises, 7 days turned into 13 thanks to hurricane Irma, and loved it! We did the loyalty status match to their Black card and enjoyed all the perks that came along with it. Beautiful, clean ship. We also loved the steakhouse (not the decor ) and ate there 3 times and once at Galaxy (ok, but nothing special-except the view). We are very much looking forward to booking our next MSC cruise

Safe sailing

Thank you for your review. I am considering a cruise on the Divina for the Spring. I keep reading that drinks are cheaper than on most cruise lines but I haven’t seen any actual prices quoted. How much would a typical non premium cocktail cost or a drink package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These are from Divina from January but it gives you an idea of prices.

9ebff6bbeb42a9cdd83dca995ecd6232.jpg6cdea019aa511eebd33d5a631ac6eb0d.jpgd1b430d814d8a9a9ef7ad63a447506af.jpg70e9e7228834ebac03bc6065e5bd5323.jpg450475b25f162e1396f71f5e37178503.jpgd072bc217549881a3a3ebc4a38c46eca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums