[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:17 AM.
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
Well, you snooze, you loose. We've pretty well decided on our plans. As it stands now, I think we will take either a taxi or bus to Eagle Beach to relax (:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
We are still deciding for sure, but Eagle beach looked like a good one...we may be doing the same...love the beach!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura

Star Princess-5/7/2013~3 night~pacific coastal
NCL Star-10/21/2012~14 night~southern caribbean
NCL Dawn-11/2/2011~11 night~southern caribbean
NCL Sky-12/2009~4 night~bahamas
RCI Rhapsody-8/2009~7 night~alaska
RCI Mariner-8/2008~7 night~eastern caribbean
578 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Rockapulco
My friends (Sandi and Ken) who are also on this cruise are avid snorklers and fans of Baby Beach. They may be renting a car to go there. If that is of any interest to you, you can ask them...but it will take a while before Sandy will reply on the board! so better to catch her at the M and G. I am no snorkler so Palm Beach it is for me.

We are planning on Palm beach as well. Will you be taking a cab or going on the public bus? Fran[/quote]

Has a decision been made yet on taking cabs or public bus? I'm just starting on making plans for our port stops.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HORIZON 09-02-95; RCL VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 10-30-05; RCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 01-27-07; RCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 02-15-08; NCL DAWN 01-31-09

Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by ESCARGO
We are planning on Palm beach as well. Will you be taking a cab or going on the public bus? Fran
Has a decision been made yet on taking cabs or public bus? I'm just starting on making plans for our port stops.[/quote]

We are taking a cab to Palm Beach. What are your planning on doing? Maybe we can share a cab? Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

578 Posts
Joined May 2011
Has a decision been made yet on taking cabs or public bus? I'm just starting on making plans for our port stops.
We are taking a cab to Palm Beach. What are your planning on doing? Maybe we can share a cab? Fran[/quote]

Hi Fran! This will be my first time in Aruba. I really wanted to go to Baby Beach, but the cab fare would be expensive. I narrowed it down to either Palm Beach or Eagle Beach. They seem to be close together. Fodo's Caribbean Ports of Call book says, "Palm Beach is the center of Aruban tourism, while Eagel Beach is more than a mile long, and is one of the best in the Caribbean, if not the world". As a fellow New Yorker like yourself, I would be happy to share a cab with you and Bill to any beach in Aruba. What are you planning in the other ports of call? Ted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HORIZON 09-02-95; RCL VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 10-30-05; RCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 01-27-07; RCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 02-15-08; NCL DAWN 01-31-09

Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by ESCARGO
We are taking a cab to Palm Beach. What are your planning on doing? Maybe we can share a cab? Fran
Hi Fran! This will be my first time in Aruba. I really wanted to go to Baby Beach, but the cab fare would be expensive. I narrowed it down to either Palm Beach or Eagle Beach. They seem to be close together. Fodo's Caribbean Ports of Call book says, "Palm Beach is the center of Aruban tourism, while Eagel Beach is more than a mile long, and is one of the best in the Caribbean, if not the world". As a fellow New Yorker like yourself, I would be happy to share a cab with you and Bill to any beach in Aruba. What are you planning in the other ports of call? Ted.[/quote]
here's what we have planned:
St Thomas- St John catamaran sail + snorkel with NCL
Antigua- Beach escape 5 hr with lunch with NCL
Cozumel- Plancar snorkel + playa mia With NCL
Barbados- Ulimate resort beach break at Hilton resort. Private booking with Island Marketing. Getting there by cab
Aruba- cab to Palm beach
Curacao- day pass at resort near mambo beach or cab to beach Which one?? not sure.

Join us! Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario, Canada
4,759 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Re Curacao....there is a stretch of beach starting at the Aquarium which is broken down by different names ...it is actualy the same beach but distinguished by different colour of chairs & umbrellas. A very safe beach that has okay snorkeling...facilities, restaurants etc. Very clean. Last time we were there it was about 10 dollars by taxi/van
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Maria

RCCL ...........DIAMOND PLUS
CELEBRITY ....ELITE
NCL..............PLATINUM PLUS
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by pabi
Re Curacao....there is a stretch of beach starting at the Aquarium which is broken down by different names ...it is actualy the same beach but distinguished by different colour of chairs & umbrellas. A very safe beach that has okay snorkeling...facilities, restaurants etc. Very clean. Last time we were there it was about 10 dollars by taxi/van

I didn't realize that the stretch of beach had different names. That is where we will wind up. Somewhere along the beach! Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario, Canada
4,759 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
I didn't realize that the stretch of beach had different names. That is where we will wind up. Somewhere along the beach! Fran
Fran I was confused the first time we there, too. We got the taxi to take us to the entrance of the aquarium then we turned right and just walked along till we found a nice spot....it seems every time we go there the spot we choose has a different name of beach...I think it is also because of the hotels ...regardless where you end up getting a chair it is nice...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Maria

RCCL ...........DIAMOND PLUS
CELEBRITY ....ELITE
NCL..............PLATINUM PLUS
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
Is anyone booked on the submarine excursion in Aruba? We were going to do a submarine excursion in Cozumel, but then I saw this one through the cruiseline and it's about the same price as booking independently. It seems like a pretty cool experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura

Star Princess-5/7/2013~3 night~pacific coastal
NCL Star-10/21/2012~14 night~southern caribbean
NCL Dawn-11/2/2011~11 night~southern caribbean
NCL Sky-12/2009~4 night~bahamas
RCI Rhapsody-8/2009~7 night~alaska
RCI Mariner-8/2008~7 night~eastern caribbean