[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:51 PM.
desert SW
9,904 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Rockapulco
I signed in to Hampton Inn's website to print out our reservation information.Top of their web page has this: " The hotel is currently undergoing renovations to the exterior and interior of the building" Yikes . I'm hoping the construction takes less than 1 month to complete! Fran
Happy we switched to a VRBO property. I believe there is still one available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
OceanDreaming2 <--email
Mary

** Platinum Plus Norwegian Cruiser with 420 Latitudes Points **

Coming up:

Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Where is the Wyndham Riverfront located in relation to the Natchez cruise departure/ meeting location? Still considering the evening jazz cruise with dinner. Very exciting.... Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

West Central Illinois
617 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
From what I understand this hotel is across the street from Harrah's. I have had good luck with this brand. Such yummy cookies at the front desk. Also has breakfast in the morning. Waffles, sausage, eggs. 500 ft from Mothers. (what is it that Mother's is known for?)

I also see that any of the Audubon places (zoo, aquarium, insectarium) are all closed on Mondays. I am gonna have to make sure to get to the zoo on Sunday then. Which is good since it has music and crafts that day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn
Gold Star Mom of SSg Sean Nicholas Howardson
Proud Army Mom of SSg Justin Dominic Howardson, Sgt Ashley Anne Johnson and her husband, SSg Joseph Johnson
Proud Army Sister of Col Gary Miller and Lt Col Richard Miller

April 2007 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas
Nov 2010 - Carnival Legend
Nov 2011 - Norwegian Star
April 2012 - Norwegian Spirit
Oct 2012 - Norwegian Star
Jan 2014 - Norwegian Jewel
Nov 2014 - Norwegian Dawn
May 2016 - Carnival
N O Louisiana
117 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by Rockapulco
Where is the Wyndham Riverfront located in relation to the Natchez cruise departure/ meeting location? Still considering the evening jazz cruise with dinner. Very exciting.... Fran
If you walk along the riverfront it is about two blocks walk. A very nice walk I might add. You will have your eyes on the ship the whole walk. Can't miss that big red paddlewheel. Around 5:40 PM you will hear the calliope playing till 6:00. Boarding starts at 6:00.
If you don't want to walk...catch the RED streetcar at Canal Street and get off at Toulouse Street (which is the second stop by JAX's Brewery).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1 /15/2017 Dream Lay Up
10/28/2016 NCL Boston to NOLA
4/17/16 NCL Dawn Elvis cruise ...yeah baby
1/14/16 Dream San Juan to NOLA
11/28/15 Elation
11/7/14 NCL Dawn Boston to NOLA
08/18/14 Elation
01/26/14 NCL Jewel
10/30/13 Elation
10/09/13 Conguest reposition Nola to San Juan PR
1/06/13 Conquest
10/21/12 Norwegian Star - NY to NOLA
3/3/12 Voyager of the Seas
10/7/11 Magic - Europe
8/23/10 Elation
5/1/10 Triumph
1/11/10 Fantasy
11/14/09 Triumph
4/18/09 Fantasy
11/6/08 Fantasy
11/29/07 Fantasy
10/30/06 Fantasy
05 cancel by KATRINA
9/11/04 Holiday
9/14/03 Conquest
10/31/02 Holiday
doz.cruise to Nowhere on Commodere
desert SW
9,904 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by OceanDreaming2
Happy we switched to a VRBO property. I believe there is still one available.
Property #354202 is available
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
OceanDreaming2 <--email
Mary

** Platinum Plus Norwegian Cruiser with 420 Latitudes Points **

Coming up:

Brooklyn,N.Y.
596 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
John, I did not book anything yet---I was wondering if your group was going to OAK Plantation on Sunday (option A) and can I get on the standby list.

When I went on the Gray Line Link, the tour listed for Sunday is NOLA City Tour and Natchez Dinner cruise----but I am confused because this was not option A----now I know I am late in the game--but if the Oak plantation is filled--I will just make the dinner reservation.

Thanks-confused in Brooklyn.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom Travel is a Blue Dot supporter.
NCL-GEM -Jan. 2017 NYC-to Eastern Carib-10 Day
NCL-GEM -Oct.2016 Repo-NYC to San Juan-8 day
NCL Breakaway-May 2016 NYC-to Bermuda
RCCL Majesty-Feb.2015-3rd Ship-B2B2B -Third leg
NCL-Sky- Feb2015 Miami to Bahammas-2nd of three
RCCL-Liberty-Feb 2015 Fort Lauderdale to Western Carib. Frist time with RCCL 1st of three
NCL-Dawn-Nov.2014 Repo from Boston-Eastern Carib-New Orleans
Carnival Splendor-Sept. 2014 NYC to Bost/Canada
NCL -Breakaway- June-2014 NYC to Bermuda
Carnival Splendor- Feb.2014-NYC to Bahammas
Carnival Splendor- Nov 2013-NYC to Bahammas
NCL -Breakaway -Sept. 2013 to Bermuda
NCL -Gem-April2013-NYC to Eastern
NCL-Star-Oct.2012 Repo NYC to Carib/New Orleans during Hurricane Sandy* No Port Changes
NCL Gem Aug 2011 to Bermuda
Carnival Triumph Aug 2007 Miami to Western
Carnival Sensation-not sure Canaveral to Bahammas
Carnival Legend May 2006 NYC to Southern
Carnival Valor July 2005 Miami to Western
Carnival Victory JULY 2004 NYC to Canada
Celebrity Zenith JULY1988NYC to Bermuda
chicago
14,426 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by tomtravel
John, I did not book anything yet---I was wondering if your group was going to OAK Plantation on Sunday (option A) and can I get on the standby list.

When I went on the Gray Line Link, the tour listed for Sunday is NOLA City Tour and Natchez Dinner cruise----but I am confused because this was not option A----now I know I am late in the game--but if the Oak plantation is filled--I will just make the dinner reservation.

Thanks-confused in Brooklyn.
Tom

We cancelled the idea of having a group tour, too many people with too many ideas kept changing their minds. So, we went to a a Do It Yourself with a special rate for our members.

I spent 20 hours back and forth between conflicting CCers ideas and the tour company's pricing. This was close in time when a few folks were extremely demanding of me on the Main thread. I finally threw in the towel.

Grey Line Tours and Natchez Belle Dinner & Jazz Cruise Tours

Sun Nov 4: NOLA City Tour and/or Natchez Dinnner Cruise

Mon Nov 5: NOLA City Tour and/or Oak Alley Plantation Tour

Tue Nov 6: NOLA City Tour and/or Laura Plantation Tour

DIY Booking Link

http://www.neworleanssteamboat.com/2...s/reserve.html

* This was a textbook example of the old adage: "No good deed goes unpunished."
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Latitudes Member: Platinum Plus: 646 points
RCI Crown & Anchor Member: Diamond Plus: 233 points
Completed Cruises
Jan '89 Premier Oceanic, Baha; May '95 Regal Empr, Mex; Apr '96 Regal Empr, Carib; Jan '06 RC Radiance, West Carib; Aug '06 NCL Sun, Alas; Oct '07 NCL Pride of Aloha Hawaii; Feb '08 HAL Westerdam, Irish Theme, Carib; Nov '08 NCL Jade, Med.; Apr '09 NCL Jewel, TA, Miami/Dover; May '09 NCL Jewel, Dover/Baltic; Oct '09 NCL Jewel, New Eng & Can; Nov '09 NCL Jewel, S. Carib; Nov '09 NCL Jewel, Baham; Apr '10 NCL Spirit, NOLA/Boston; Sep '10 NCL Pearl, Vanc'ver, Can./LA; Sep '10 NCL Pearl, LA/Pan Canal/Miami; Oct '10 NCL Pearl, Baham; Oct '10 NCL Pearl, West Carib; May '11 NCL Epic, TA, Miami/Barcelona; Oct '11 NCL Jade: Rome/EasternMed/Rome; Oct '11 RC Mariner: Rome/EasternMed/TA/ Carib/Galveston; Dec '11 NCL Dawn, Miami/Carib; Apr '12 RC Majesty, Miami/Carib; Apr '12 RC Grandeur, Miami/Carib/ TA/Malaga, Spain; Oct '12 NCL Star,NYC/Carib/NOLA; Apr '13 NCL Star, NOLA/TA/Copenhagen; May '13 NCL Star, Copenhagen/Baltic/Copenhagen; Dec '13 NCL Gem, NYC/Carib/NYC; April/May '14 RC Brilliance Tampa/TA/Harwich UK; May/Jun '14 RubyPrincess: Southampton/Ire & UK; Oct '14 NCL Sun, LA-Tampa; Oct '14 NCL Sun, Tampa/W. Carib/Tampa; Apr '15 RC Radiance: Sydney, AUS/S. Pacific/ Honolulu; May '15 RC Radiance: Honolulu/Hawaii/Vancouver, CAN; Oct '15:NCL Sun: San Diego/Mex Riviera/San Diego; Nov '15 NCL Escape Miami/Baha; Nov '15 NCL Escape Miami E. Carib; Nov '15 RC Independence, Ft Laud/S. Carib; Nov '15 RC Independence, Ft Laud/W. Carib; Apr/May '16 RC Brilliance: Tampa-Barcelona; May '16 RC Brilliance: Barcelona-Italy; Dec '16 NCL Dawn: NOLA-W.Carib.; Feb '17 NCL Jewel: Miami-Pan Can-LA; Oct '17NCL Dawn: Boston-Quebec; Oct '17 NCL Dawn: Quebec-Boston; Oct '17 Boston-Bermuda;
Booked Future Cruises
May '18 NCL Jade: UK: Irish & British Isles; May '18 NCL Jade: UK: Iberia; .

Brooklyn,N.Y.
596 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thanks John---will book on my own but will see you guys on some of these. That Sambuca is VERY tricky. Careful my friend.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL-Liberty-Feb 2015 Fort Lauderdale to Western Carib. Frist time with RCCL 1st of three
NCL-Star-Oct.2012 Repo NYC to Carib/New Orleans during Hurricane Sandy* No Port Changes
chicago
14,426 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Thanks John---will book on my own but will see you guys on some of these. That Sambuca is VERY tricky. Careful my friend.
Tom
I know of eight who are booked for the Sunday dinner cruise and we chose the 6 pm seating (eat while still dockside)

Four of us are booked for the Monday Oak Alley Plantation tour
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Latitudes Member: Platinum Plus: 646 points
RCI Crown & Anchor Member: Diamond Plus: 233 points
Completed Cruises
Jan '89 Premier Oceanic, Baha; May '95 Regal Empr, Mex; Apr '96 Regal Empr, Carib; Jan '06 RC Radiance, West Carib; Aug '06 NCL Sun, Alas; Oct '07 NCL Pride of Aloha Hawaii; Feb '08 HAL Westerdam, Irish Theme, Carib; Nov '08 NCL Jade, Med.; Apr '09 NCL Jewel, TA, Miami/Dover; May '09 NCL Jewel, Dover/Baltic; Oct '09 NCL Jewel, New Eng & Can; Nov '09 NCL Jewel, S. Carib; Nov '09 NCL Jewel, Baham; Apr '10 NCL Spirit, NOLA/Boston; Sep '10 NCL Pearl, Vanc'ver, Can./LA; Sep '10 NCL Pearl, LA/Pan Canal/Miami; Oct '10 NCL Pearl, Baham; Oct '10 NCL Pearl, West Carib; May '11 NCL Epic, TA, Miami/Barcelona; Oct '11 NCL Jade: Rome/EasternMed/Rome; Oct '11 RC Mariner: Rome/EasternMed/TA/ Carib/Galveston; Dec '11 NCL Dawn, Miami/Carib; Apr '12 RC Majesty, Miami/Carib; Apr '12 RC Grandeur, Miami/Carib/ TA/Malaga, Spain; Oct '12 NCL Star,NYC/Carib/NOLA; Apr '13 NCL Star, NOLA/TA/Copenhagen; May '13 NCL Star, Copenhagen/Baltic/Copenhagen; Dec '13 NCL Gem, NYC/Carib/NYC; April/May '14 RC Brilliance Tampa/TA/Harwich UK; May/Jun '14 RubyPrincess: Southampton/Ire & UK; Oct '14 NCL Sun, LA-Tampa; Oct '14 NCL Sun, Tampa/W. Carib/Tampa; Apr '15 RC Radiance: Sydney, AUS/S. Pacific/ Honolulu; May '15 RC Radiance: Honolulu/Hawaii/Vancouver, CAN; Oct '15:NCL Sun: San Diego/Mex Riviera/San Diego; Nov '15 NCL Escape Miami/Baha; Nov '15 NCL Escape Miami E. Carib; Nov '15 RC Independence, Ft Laud/S. Carib; Nov '15 RC Independence, Ft Laud/W. Carib; Apr/May '16 RC Brilliance: Tampa-Barcelona; May '16 RC Brilliance: Barcelona-Italy; Dec '16 NCL Dawn: NOLA-W.Carib.; Feb '17 NCL Jewel: Miami-Pan Can-LA; Oct '17NCL Dawn: Boston-Quebec; Oct '17 NCL Dawn: Quebec-Boston; Oct '17 Boston-Bermuda;
Booked Future Cruises
May '18 NCL Jade: UK: Irish & British Isles; May '18 NCL Jade: UK: Iberia; .

Brooklyn,N.Y.
596 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We just booked the dinner cruise and TYPED big apple to big easy---so I hope they put us near you. We rented a car for WED so we will do both Plantations on Wed. Thanks--hope you can rest a little now that the deadline is done.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Brooklyn,N.Y.
596 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by onlysister
From what I understand this hotel is across the street from Harrah's. I have had good luck with this brand. Such yummy cookies at the front desk. Also has breakfast in the morning. Waffles, sausage, eggs. 500 ft from Mothers. (what is it that Mother's is known for?)

I also see that any of the Audubon places (zoo, aquarium, insectarium) are all closed on Mondays. I am gonna have to make sure to get to the zoo on Sunday then. Which is good since it has music and crafts that day.
Dawn--we will do this Zoo and Festival on Sunday also, we will leave enough time to get back for Dinner cruise. Tom and Bernadette.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Costa Mesa, CA
1,133 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
We just booked the dinner cruise and TYPED big apple to big easy---so I hope they put us near you. We rented a car for WED so we will do both Plantations on Wed. Thanks--hope you can rest a little now that the deadline is done.
Tom, The Grayline charges $47.50 for the tour. It is going to cost $20.00 to get into the plantations on your own. I was going to rent a car also as I thought it would be cheaper but then I found out about the steep entrance fee.

Pete
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Then In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks"

RCCL SONG OF NORWAY 1979
RCCL SONG OF NORWAY 1981
CARNIVAL HOLIDAY 1987
NCL SOUTHWARD 1993
RCCL NORDIC PRINCE 1994
CARNIVAL HOLIDAY 1995
RCCL LEGEND OF THE SEAS 1995
NCL NORWAY 1997
CARN. FASINATION 1998
RCCL VIKING SERENADE 1998
NCL SKY 2000
NCL NORWAY 2002
NCL CROWN 2004
NCL STAR 2006
NCL MAJESTY 2007
NCL DREAM 2008
NCL JEWEL 2009
NCL STAR 2011
NCL STAR 2012
NCL SUN 2014
NCL DAWN 2015
NCL ESCAPE 2015
NCL DAWN 2016
NCL PEARL 2017

NCL LATITUDES STATUS: PLATINUM
Ontario, Canada
4,759 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
We just booked the dinner cruise and TYPED big apple to big easy---so I hope they put us near you.
We will be there for dinner too...hopefully they will set aside a few tables for us...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Maria

RCCL ...........DIAMOND PLUS
CELEBRITY ....ELITE
NCL..............PLATINUM PLUS
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Uniall
Private Tours
A) Sunday Afternoon & Evening: Oak Alley followed by Jazz Dinner Cruise $117

Private OAK ALLEY Plantation Tour: $66
(includes gratuity for the driver and guide)

NATCHEZ: $51.00 pp.
The dinner cruise is a buffet ( with plenty of items to choose)
Two Dinner Seatings: 6pm and 7:45.
Board: 6pm - Depart: 7 pm - Return: 9pm

PLEASE POST ON SISTER THREAD YOUR PREFERENCE
http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/s....php?t=1381687

PLANTATION TOUR & NATCHES DINNER & JAZZ CRUISE
DINNER SEATING AT
6 pm (dockside) OR 7:45 pm (sailing)

Judy & Rol (TravelJunkieJudy) No Lunch - 6 pm dinner
Pete & Gretchen (pdoeringer)
Ron & Vivian (Canisteo)
Marianne & Dirk (Cavmom) No Lunch - 6 pm dinner
Marilyn (Suds53)
Sharon & Denise (cdkuckyt2)
Pete & Sherry (CruisingSherry)
Bob & Mary (BuffaloBob)

RUNNING TOTAL: 16

Minimum Required For Tour: 25
Maximum Seats On Mini Bus: 32
Can I still get discount by calling to make a reservation? Is the cost for the dinner cruise $51 the other amount I saw in a different post? Sorry about being late to the party. It always feels like these cruises are so far away, then they sneak up on me!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura

Star Princess-5/7/2013~3 night~pacific coastal
NCL Star-10/21/2012~14 night~southern caribbean
NCL Dawn-11/2/2011~11 night~southern caribbean
NCL Sky-12/2009~4 night~bahamas
RCI Rhapsody-8/2009~7 night~alaska
RCI Mariner-8/2008~7 night~eastern caribbean
Ontario, Canada
4,759 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by deladela
Can I still get discount by calling to make a reservation? Is the cost for the dinner cruise $51 the other amount I saw in a different post? Sorry about being late to the party. It always feels like these cruises are so far away, then they sneak up on me!
Laura either call them or go to their web site...as far as I know there are already about 25 to 30 people booked for the 6p.m. dinner. I paid 57.75 for each with the discount...if you get it for 51.00 that is a better deal ( and I got the discount for Cruise Critic Star Roll call )...if I remember orerctly they would charge 51 but it had to be booked as a group with a minimum and added to other tours etc etc....Everyone just did their own booking so that is why I believe the price became 57.75
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Maria

CELEBRITY ....ELITE
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by pabi
Laura either call them or go to their web site...as far as I know there are already about 25 to 30 people booked for the 6p.m. dinner. I paid 57.75 for each with the discount...if you get it for 51.00 that is a better deal ( and I got the discount for Cruise Critic Star Roll call )...if I remember orerctly they would charge 51 but it had to be booked as a group with a minimum and added to other tours etc etc....Everyone just did their own booking so that is why I believe the price became 57.75
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly before i tried to book. If I book through the website does it give me the discount price?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura

Ontario, Canada
4,759 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by deladela
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly before i tried to book. If I book through the website does it give me the discount price?
geez I can't remember how I did it...their email is cruises at neworleanssteamboat dot com.... send them an email and ask how to do it...it's better that way to make sure you get a discount
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Maria

CELEBRITY ....ELITE
seattle
844 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by pabi
geez I can't remember how I did it...their email is cruises at neworleanssteamboat dot com.... send them an email and ask how to do it...it's better that way to make sure you get a discount
Will do...thanks, Maria!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura