MSC Divina Room Attendants.... why?

vinniega64

very disappointed, 14 night cruise and not one towel left in my room shaped like an an animal.... my 15th cruise and the first time this has happened.... also no small bit of dark chocolate left either.. :mad:.... they cruise news was also pretty pathetic.... nothing about the history of the next port... just warnings about getting mugged.... very reassuring

In more than 20 cruises with them, I e had. Towel animal anoutbtwice. It's not something they do as yiu e found out. Personally it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As for the little squares of dark chocolate, yiu hetbthem with every espresso or cappuccino yiu order in the coffee bar.

Some hotels do this, I don't expect every hotel to do this. You seem to expect all. Raise lines to do the same as each other though.

We did not see towel animals or bed time chocolates last month either, but I did not expect any after researching MSC here on CC. I have read some stewards often make them for children, did you ask for one? I don't know if MSC ever had chocolates, NCL dropped them a while back. I hated having a drawer full of them at the end of the cruise so I don't miss that either. We sailed before the US Nassau warning so didn't notice that, I'm not sure what MSC can do about that other than what they did. How were the larger aspects of your cruise?

We did not see towel animals or bed time chocolates last month either, but I did not expect any after researching MSC here on CC. I have read some stewards often make them for children, did you ask for one? I don't know if MSC ever had chocolates, NCL dropped them a while back. I hated having a drawer full of them at the end of the cruise so I don't miss that either. We sailed before the US Nassau warning so didn't notice that, I'm not sure what MSC can do about that other than what they did. How were the larger aspects of your cruise?

sometimes small touches go a long way to enhancing a cruise.... listen, im not complaining about the cruise, had a great two weeks.... some things disappointed, but i could say that about every cruise i have been on... would i sail MSC again.... in a heartbeat... loved it.... though i must say, if i don't see another pizza in my life... it will be to soon.. lol

sometimes small touches go a long way to enhancing a cruise.... listen, im not complaining about the cruise, had a great two weeks.... some things disappointed, but i could say that about every cruise i have been on... would i sail MSC again.... in a heartbeat... loved it.... though i must say, if i don't see another pizza in my life... it will be to soon.. lol

I agree. My spouse loves towel animals. We had a fantastic cabin steward that must have serviced the room three times a day which made the missing towel animals/chocolates easy for me to overlook. MSC seems to put their effort into other areas.

We've had towel animals made for us on most of our MSC cruises up until the last year - though not every night.

On one particular cruise, every night, except the last night, there was one on the bed waiting for us; I always moved them very gently from the bed to the sofa. Unfortunately, an elephant fell apart as I tried to move it. I asked the stewart if he would make me another that evening so I could get a photo. When we retired that night, there were 2 elephants wearing our sunglasses on the table. On the last night when we got back to the room, the first thing I noticed was: no towel animal. I was a tad disappointed. However, when I ventured further into the cabin to get ready for bed, I turned around and there was a monkey hanging from the side of the wardrobe! It made me laugh to think how much thought had gone into doing that.

The stewards have just too much workload now. There was a time when they had an assistant but they don't have now. I think, though, that if asked, your steward would make you one or two during the cruise.

NCL still has chocolates for suites and occasionally for other staterooms. We've always gotten towel animals (we have kids) but for adults, it's probably better to ask. Many stewards won't do it automatically but if asked, they'll do it.

Generally, all that is needed is to ask the steward for something (animals, extra towels, etc.).

very disappointed, 14 night cruise and not one towel left in my room shaped like an an animal.... my 15th cruise and the first time this has happened.... also no small bit of dark chocolate left either.. :mad:.... they cruise news was also pretty pathetic.... nothing about the history of the next port... just warnings about getting mugged.... very reassuring

So you cruise for towel animals and chocolate

/ try Carnival.

Lol, no photos here either, but I did bring some home and keep them by my bed!

As far as the animals, I heard they ruin the towels so they don't do them as a rule. There was actually a towel animal demonstration in the atrium one evening that looked entertaining. In two sailings with MSC we've never had one. We're sailing with the kids next month and for their first cruise, I do think it would be fun if we came back to our suite to find a little friend in the room one night.

Nice one, Darcy! I didn't have any photos of the chocs. :cool:

I don't know when you cruised last time but most of cruise lines cancelled chocolates and towel animals long time ago. Maybe with exception for formal night .

When I was on Divina in September...we got chocolates in the YC, but one afternoon they did a towel animal demo in the atrium...and afterwards people could take which ever one they wanted back to their room. I will say we never got one in our room during the cruise. I have heard it is entirely up to the room steward, and some seem to only do it in cabins with children

It would be interesting and more informative if people reported which experience they had purchased, when they think they may have missed out on something. I have seen lots of reviews where someone with the Bella experience complained that they did not get drinks or drink vouchers.

I don't know when you cruised last time but most of cruise lines cancelled chocolates and towel animals long time ago. Maybe with exception for formal night .

I just returned from NCL Escape (11/4) and had towel animals every night on my bed. No chocolates, but I received those every night on my June Seabourn cruise.

Neither one of these items make or break my cruise, but they do still exists.

Wow! sorry you didn't get towel animals but we just wanted soap and toilet paper. we asked for it but couldn't get either. we were told on Saturday when we first saw cabin attendant, to wait till tomorrow. when we saw we had no more toilet paper we were told no as well. We then called guest relations and got some, but the cabin attendant was not happy and barely serviced our cabin after that. we did opt out of his tips later.