Do You Ever Regret Purchasing Onboard Ship Photography?

need2cruisesoon

I really don't understand the whole "get your picture taken" by the ships photographer.

I mean I'm sure the majority of passengers who get their picture taken and spend $$$hundreds of dollars on pictures just end up throwing them away or putting them in a junk drawer with no intention to display them in the house or their office.

My cell phone takes great selfies and pictures of my surroundings without the cost associated with ship board pictures.

As we have cruised more we purchase less photos.

With that said we have photos taken by the ships photographers of ourselves and our family and most recently with our adult children and grandchildren and all of these help us relive our memories of cruising. We only purchase a few photos each cruise and it doesn't take a lot to supplement our own photos.

Keith

Ship’s photographer is a good opportunity to get photos that are more formal than selfies and casual vacation. on ships with formal nights where you are dressed up a bit often visit the photographer or 2 and then choose the ones like best. Lately though these old folks have been showing up in the package! I’d pay more if the “lighting” was better🤨. Almost always take pictures on family cruises as don’t get all 9 together often enough and I do display at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this just once and the photo was very nice, but not something we couldn't do on our own with our simple cameras. Photos will likely be a big money loser as most of the newer cruisers who used to buy photos realize that they can come close in quality with their own cell phone and camera. We were told on our last cruise that they no longer produce the DVD as it was too labor intensive and wasn't being purchased.

With each cruise I take, I purchase fewer photos. The ones that I do, at the time of purchase, I buy with the thought that this picture will refresh my memory of this particular cruise. And, it has!

Increasingly, I refuse to pose for a shipboard photographer's request to do so. But, given the time, event, and site, I often am glad that I took that "bit of effort" to have them obtain that particular photo.

I really don't understand the whole "get your picture taken" by the ships photographer.

I mean I'm sure the majority of passengers who get their picture taken and spend $$$hundreds of dollars on pictures just end up throwing them away or putting them in a junk drawer with no intention to display them in the house or their office.

My cell phone takes great selfies and pictures of my surroundings without the cost associated with ship board pictures.

First (and last) time for purchased ship's photos was more than 25 years ago. We still have and display the one in formal wear.

Nowadays, iPhone 7 plus or later does excellent job (particularly with portrait mode).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ship’s photographer is a good opportunity to get photos that are more formal than selfies and casual vacation. On ships with formal nights where you are dressed up a bit often visit the photographer or 2 and then choose the ones like best. lately though these old folks have been showing up in the package! i’d pay more if the “lighting” was better🤨. Almost always take pictures on family cruises as don’t get all 9 together often enough and i do display at home.

lol! :d

I have never bought ship photos because they are overpriced and of poor quality. However, as bad as they are, they are infinitely better than any selfie that you can take. There is no accounting for taste so if you really think that a selfie is as good as a posed properly lighted photograph so go ahead w your selfie plan.

DON

We don't get the photo thing either and dislike being asked.

The only cruise photos we have had done is gangway ones on our first cruise as we were just excitied and on our second cruise we got quite drunk and had a 'romantic' photo shoot thing near a piano. Since then, no official ship photos. We have never bought a ship photo.

Waste of money in this day an age.Take your own.