Drink Package HELP!

kealalani

I'm so confused by the below package. It says $203 per person which seems like a lot for NA drinks if it is per person. If there are four people in a cabin, that's $800. Is it for the cabin occupants or really per person? Any idea?

NON-ALCOHOLIC ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE A/C

UNLIMITED CONSUMPTION OF NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SMOOTHIES, MILKSHAKES, CANNED SOFT DRINKS, ENERGY DRINKS, PREMIUM MINERAL WATER, FRUIT JUICES, WIDE RANGE OF COFFEE-BASED DRINKS, HOT CHOCOLATE DELIGHTS AND TAKEAWAY ICE CREAM IN A CONE OR CUP. THE DRINKS INCLUDED IN PACKAGE CAN BE CONSUMED IN ALL BARS, SELF-SERVICE BUFFET AND RESTAURANTS INCLUDING SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. TERMS & CONDITIONS: THE PACKAGE IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND VALID FOR ONE ORDER AT A TIME. THE ID CARD IS NON-TRANSFERRABLE. ABUSING THE TERMS OF THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE MAY CAUSE THE SERVICE TO BE WITHDRAWN AND THE REMAINING DAYS NOT TO BE REFUNDED. THE PRICE OF THE PACKAGE APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE EXCEPT FOR THE DAY OF DISEMBARKATION; THE PACKAGE CANNOT BE PURCHASED ON DAILY BASIS. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, THE PACKAGE CANNOT BE INTERRUPTED AND REFUNDED. THE PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME CABIN, OR JUST TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO EAT AT THE SAME TABLE, INCLUDING MINORS. THE PACKAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CRUISES 1-3 NIGHT; THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF NIGHT IS FOUR (4).

The pricing is per person per day so depending on the length of the cruise would determine the price. And yes everybody in the cabin has to have the same drink package. Exception is adults having the alcoholic drink package the kids get the non alcoholic version.

Do the math first. There are drink menus posted on this forum to give you an idea of prices. Figure out what you think you would spend per person for the cruise and then decide if you want to add the drink pkg.

Personally we add drink packages to our cruise because we like not having to worry about our final bill and enjoy the flexibility the package gives us. We take this cost into consideration when booking.

Msc has some of the cheapest all inclusive drink packages I’ve seen. When comparing to other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those prices seem extortionate for the non-alcoholic package.

I've just done a dummy booking on one of my booked cruises and for a nine night cruise it is £30pp ($40)[£3.33pppn; $4.44] for the whole cruise

is the price you quote for the world cruise?

that is ~120 nights which would be $1.70pppn

drinks%20package%204.jpg

It depends where you have got the information from:-

here is an image of how much it would cost for the alcoholic packages ) on a 9 day cruise, (I obtained it by doing a dummy booking on a cruise I have booked)

it shows the total cost per person for the cruise

drinks%20packages%202.jpg

on the other hand here is an image of the daily price per person from the brochure

drinks%20packages.jpg

you can see that the prices in the first image are calculated by multiplying the price as shown in the second image by 9.

Pete

The prices for your sailing on Seaside in January are quoted in the 2017/2018 US online brochure on page 221:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

The all-inclusive, non-alcoholic package (which is stated as "child" version) is quoted as $18.50 - $23 pppd*

The contents of these packages and their prices may vary depending on date and itinerary and are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.

Thanks everyone, all very helpful. At $203 per cabin, it would be a steal. I don't think I could convince the husband to get one for all four of us though. I think we will do ala carte since adults would mostly be coffee drinks and the kids sodas. We will most likely just get 4 coffee package vouchers to ensure enough caffeine for us! The kids will have to live without the gelato.

@skier52 I can't figure out how to post the screen shot of the package, but says $203.

Thanks everyone, all very helpful. At $203 per cabin, it would be a steal. I don't think I could convince the husband to get one for all four of us though. I think we will do ala carte since adults would mostly be coffee drinks and the kids sodas. We will most likely just get 4 coffee package vouchers to ensure enough caffeine for us! The kids will have to live without the gelato.

@skier52 I can't figure out how to post the screen shot of the package, but says $203.

take a screen shot and

1) copy it into MS Paint

2) crop so only the relevant info is on the image

3) save the file as a jpeg

4) upload to a image hosting site. (photobucket used to be my site of choice but they are now have a fee to allow posting on third party sites. I am going to try Flickr soon).

then copy the url for the image and using the little yellow "image" button add it to your post

a) press the image button

b) press Ctrl and V simultaneously

c) press enter

You should have your image in your post

Hope this is clear enough for you to give it a try

Pete

If you use your phone or tablet, there's no need for a hosting site.

some of us are still in the dark ages

with just my superfast PC, ( which I built myself with an i7 quad core running at 3.4Ghz. 16 Gb memory, 4.5Tb of hard drive running 225Mb/sec, 2 Gb video card)

some of don't have smartphones or tablets,

So yes the $203 is the price per person for the cruise. So $29 per person per day. So I guess it depends on how much you spend on drinks typically to determine if it’s worth it for you. Most of the drink prices are posted in other threads keep in mind that there is 15% service charge on all drinks ordered on board. There is no service charge if you pre-purchase the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk