The Strangest Thing People Try to Bring on Board

dreadpirate3

Shower heads

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2566840

On our last cruise, the Majesty OTS December 2016, the naughty room had a lot of knives, personal appliances, handcuffs, pepper spray, and rum runners. What have you seen?

Perhaps not exactly the same thing but, for many years (ago) as an apartment renter, I always brought my Speakman shower head with me whenever I moved. As best as I can tell from an occasional look/see at Home Depot, it remains the only one that makes it easy to remove what Speakman refers to as a 'cleaning valve" (a.k.a. "flow restrictor"). Nothing like an old Speakman for instant improvement in real/perceived water pressure (though some Grohe models are OK as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shower heads

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2566840

On our last cruise, the Majesty OTS December 2016, the naughty room had a lot of knives, personal appliances, handcuffs, pepper spray, and rum runners. What have you seen?

I don't find knives, or pepper spray to be unusual at all. Thousands of men carry pocket knives every day, and thousands of women carry pepper spray. To forget to leave those items at home is common. Additional lots of divers have dive knives in their gear.

A couple who had been living in the UK was moving back to the US ... wanted to bring their furniture back with them on a TA. :rolleyes:

Wow! The most I've seen someone want to bring was small appliances for their vacation home.

DH does carry a pocket knife daily, but when in cruise mode, he doesn't. :)

Sewing machines? Child's play: there was a thread a few years ago about bringing a loom onto the ship. IIRC the OP wouldn't check it as oversize baggage because it was too bulky for them and the relative picking them up at the airport to handle. But luggage express (if they would even accept it) was too expensive so they were asking on here if they could simply send it UPS or FedEx directly to the ship. Really.

As for cooking appliances, one of the ship's officers who posts regularly has said that on lots of sailings there are large piles of rice cookers and waffle irons in the naughty room. Now coffee makers I can almost understand given they are ubiquitous in hotel rooms 'round the world. But actual cooking appliances have me more befuddled than those who risk illegal drugs or weapons--at least the latter two have practical uses while on holiday :evilsmile:

DH brought a Belkin surge suppressor without me knowing about it.

The knives were 4"-8". For the dive knives, how do they get them at the ports for diving?

We pick them up when going through security at each port. There is a tag on our account showing that we have a knife being held. Only takes a minute to get it.

I bring a legal length dive knife and never have had it taken. My husband took my 8-inch knife a couple times and we had to go through the process.

We pick them up when going through security at each port. There is a tag on our account showing that we have a knife being held. Only takes a minute to get it.

I bring a legal length dive knife and never have had it taken. My husband took my 8-inch knife a couple times and we had to go through the process.

Thanks for the answer! I know I've heard various reports on picking up things for excursions.

A Weed-eater. That long gas or electric - powered device that trims your lawn. :confused:

OK, it was by a crew member coming back from a shopping trip to Costco while we stopped in Astoria, Oregon but it was still weird. And it sure made the 20 gallon tubs of Cheetos, some of the crew was taking back on the ship, look rather normal.

Saw a passenger with it having discussion at inspection area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At this point in time, for concerns that I think we all understand, they are on the list of don't bring on ship right after liquor .:eek:

It would be nice to have them for great photos if we lived in a different world. That aside, I don't want a drone buzzing over my families head at the mercy some strangers control system.

I don't want a drone buzzing over my families head at the mercy some strangers control system.

Fully agree. A news article in the local newspaper reported that a home owner recently found a drone in his back yard. There was no identification on the device. He threw it in the trash as he felt it was his to do as he pleased since it was in his backyard.

Fully agree. A news article in the local newspaper reported that a home owner recently found a drone in his back yard. There was no identification on the device. He threw it in the trash as he felt it was his to do as he pleased since it was in his backyard.

What does this have to the title of this thread - "Strangest Thing that People Try to Bring On Board" ???

DON

What does this have to the title of this thread - "Strangest Thing that People Try to Bring On Board" ???

DON

It has everything to do with a post in this tread. How much is your snarky comment related to the title? Even less than mine, in case you are confused! ;p

At least I was referring to a "strange item" that people actually try to bring on board. :cool: