BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:09 PM.
102 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
On a whim, and without my usual research, I booked a 7-day on the Gem for June. What can you tell me about kids activities on board? What are the evening hours?
We have a 6 year old.
Thanks in advance.
Mid-South U.S.A.
529 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We just cruised with a 5 and 8 year old on the Gem. they loved it and yes there were evening hours.
They even put on a show for the parents/grandparents (a circus)at the end of the cruise showing off all the skills they had learned like juggling,etc. They also had a pirate's parade.
NYC
1,155 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
My 3.5 year old loved the kids club on NCL, especially the circus show on the main stage. On sea days, they are open from 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10:30, with paid care available from 10:30-1 am. On port days, they are open from arrival time-10:30 pm.

Please note that on port days after the two hour lunch and dinner closures, there were long lines to register children right when the clubs reopened (2 pm and 7 pm) on the Star. We sailed 3 years ago, so I don't know if this issue has been resolved. NCL also has beepers for children in diapers or children who need them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL Noordam - Mediterranean
Carnival - Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman
Coral Princess - Alaska
Coral Princess - Panama Canal
HAL Ryndam - Guatemala and Honduras
NCL Star - Baltic cruise to St. Petersburg
Queen Elizabeth - Norway