Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

Just spoke to the guys in Schooner Bar... it’s quiet tonight with Debbi leaving today but someone new coming on tomorrow ...yeah piano bar back in business..our favorite venue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry but to get you all drooling this was my brunch at Fleet Landing in Charleston. Crab cake on grits, 2 poached eggs, sauce and biscuit. The others had crab cake sandwiches and burgers. IMG_1046.thumb.jpg.e425ed2f34fe73f6afca9242f47a7668.jpg

That looks a whole lot better than my Shredded Wheat breakfast :p

Have a great day at Port Canaveral!

I know....after yesterday’s brunch and dinner I needed to settle down today...lol. I had grits and a few slices of ham for breakfast... I don’t think anyone wants to see pix of that.

Have you asked about the Drink Card?

I asked at the Solarium bar and no Drink Cards this week.

We purchase the drink package so doesn’t matter to us but one of the couples with us bought them last cruise.

Apparently some cabins on deck 7 had some excitement this morning. There was a strong electrical smoke smell that required some passengers to be asked to leave their cabins. It was determined that a dishwasher shorted out but no danger or damage to the ship. As the Captain said...it’s going in the garbage.

Glad all was well!

Daisy, loving your posts. We are cruising April 5 on this ship and are learning a lot from you. We don't usually cruise RC and are a bit skeptical about the reports regarding the problems with the ship. Our itinerary has recently been altered and we will now over night in Nassau for maintenance. Have you had rough seas? Are the stabilizers working?

Thank you so much for your daily reports and pictures. We are so ready for warmer weather.

Sorry, for some reason I’m having problems posting pix so I need to figure this out tomorrow. Arrrgh.

We left about an hour late for some reason so not sure I believe the captain when he said he lost the keys...love this captain!

This cruise has a great range of passengers...all ages including kids. Some schools have Spring break next week. Last cruise was definitely an older crowd but there’s a nice mix...yeah.

I was on board Grandeur last September. And although I don't recall seeing any children (I'm sure there were) I did appreciate the age range. I think (personal opinion) that we "mature" adults prefer the art of cruising to all big ships with the bells and whistles. Although, I may be wrong. :D

I was on board Grandeur last September. And although I don't recall seeing any children (I'm sure there were) I did appreciate the age range. I think (personal opinion) that we "mature" adults prefer the art of cruising to all big ships with the bells and whistles. Although, I may be wrong. :D

We’ve never been on Oasis class but would like to try it once. We’ve been on Anthem twice and love that ship too, although quite different than Grandeur.

This is our 7th cruise with Royal and have been very happy so far. Majesty, Explorer, Liberty, and Anthem.... love’em. We’re 60 and 65 yo (also the other couple with us) and always cruise with family and friends, so we make our own fun.

Last cruise on Grandeur we were the youngest and this one more like the oldest but mostly middle age and families with older kids. Some school age but but not so much. I don’t know what the typical age is usually on this ship but certainly different each time. Maybe others can help explain.