Carnival Glory 1/7/17 Disaster

Ddbraxt

The cruise directors offensive comments are part of a seperate incident. No need to explain that at this point

At the end of Q & A held on the last sea day a rude couple interrupted the CD Eric complaining that the ship had no Spanish captioning or translations anywhere on the ship. He simply replied that the cruise company is based in Miami, FL and therefore the majority of their clientele are American cruisers. Translators were available at Guest Services and he said they can provide special accommodations on a 1 to 1 basis. The couple was very rude and kept on asking the same question, and Eric eventually had no choice but to ignore them and they left. A majority of passengers were fed up with the few passengers causing the commotion on the ship, such as them and everyone involved with this story you posted.

Def one of the best posts in weeks, nice job!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Just boggles my mind when people expect every occasion to end up perfect like in a movie or something. Let me tell you about my wedding day. It was an outdoor wedding. It was 30 degrees and overcast. Our pictures looked like they were taken in the middle of the night and while we were walking around to pose for pictures, I fell into a cold puddle. And you know what? Who cares? I have a loving husband and a strong marriage. That's what really matters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My family and I were on this cruise and while missing these points were a disappointment, the cruise as a whole was far from a disaster. We actually received a letter prior to boarding that HMC was cancelled, probably because we checked in later. During the next two sea days the ship was rocking the most compared to any cruise we've been on. We spoke to another couple that said the Glory is smaller and doesn't have stabilizers like ships we've been on in the past (Breeze, Dream).

From here it seems like we were on a different cruise. We heard of a few passengers get sick, but never saw waiters spilling drinks or toilet spills. We saw vomit once but it was efficiently cleaned up (it happens). Passengers in wheelchairs fell over?! It was not that bad!

On Grand Turk day, we were an hour late. We waited in our cabin ready for the beach and as soon as they made an announcement that it was cancelled as well, we made a mad dash to get good seats on the lido and it was worth it! We had at least 2 hours of sun, then clouds and a light drizzle came. We were probably on the lido an hour when some guys came over asking us to sign a "petition". They wanted to talk to the CD to see if we could add HMC to our last sea day. We thought it was a joke but we signed it anyway.

I was impressed with the way the CD handled these unruly passengers and the rest of the activities on the cruise. We actually did not find out about these "protests" until the cruise was over and we saw it in the facebook group. I find it comical to see all the work these cruisers have done to attempt to destroy carnival and get a full refund. Don't you people have jobs? There's also a facebook group "Carnival Glory - Refund NEEDED - 1/7/2017", they're emailing port agents, news stations, complaining on BBB, you name it. IMO, Carnival went above and beyond to offer everyone 25% off their next cruise and we were honestly surprised to hear about this.

Thank you for this post. Alot of things said just sounded grossly exaggerated - like the wheelchairs bit.

This facebook group they formed is crazy! lol. "The wife" keeps saying they weren't upset about missed ports but in the original long BOOK about all of this, they mention conspiracy theories as to why the Captain didn't do this or that to make it or how they should have been rerouted.

These two are newly married and spending so much time online trying to get something from nothing. No thankfulness that they were kept safe. Just over the top complaining because ports were missed. They are not due any refund. What they got was a courtesy. MOVE ON.

"Carnival Glory - Refund NEEDED - 1/7/2017" :p:p GMAB!

My family and I were on this cruise and while missing these points were a disappointment, the cruise as a whole was far from a disaster. We actually received a letter prior to boarding that HMC was cancelled, probably because we checked in later. During the next two sea days the ship was rocking the most compared to any cruise we've been on. We spoke to another couple that said the Glory is smaller and doesn't have stabilizers like ships we've been on in the past (Breeze, Dream).

From here it seems like we were on a different cruise. We heard of a few passengers get sick, but never saw waiters spilling drinks or toilet spills. We saw vomit once but it was efficiently cleaned up (it happens). Passengers in wheelchairs fell over?! It was not that bad!

On Grand Turk day, we were an hour late. We waited in our cabin ready for the beach and as soon as they made an announcement that it was cancelled as well, we made a mad dash to get good seats on the lido and it was worth it! We had at least 2 hours of sun, then clouds and a light drizzle came. We were probably on the lido an hour when some guys came over asking us to sign a "petition". They wanted to talk to the CD to see if we could add HMC to our last sea day. We thought it was a joke but we signed it anyway.

I was impressed with the way the CD handled these unruly passengers and the rest of the activities on the cruise. We actually did not find out about these "protests" until the cruise was over and we saw it in the facebook group. I find it comical to see all the work these cruisers have done to attempt to destroy carnival and get a full refund. Don't you people have jobs? There's also a facebook group "Carnival Glory - Refund NEEDED - 1/7/2017", they're emailing port agents, news stations, complaining on BBB, you name it. IMO, Carnival went above and beyond to offer everyone 25% off their next cruise and we were honestly surprised to hear about this.

Thanks for your view. This is exactly how I envisioned it happening when I was reading the original post. I've been on many, many rough cruises, have never seen feces on floors, vomit everywhere, etc. I did, however have to walk off a Southwest Airlines flight by crawling over the seats because someone had "loose bowels" while deplaning. Now THAT was not pretty.....but I didn't ask for a refund either.

Rough seas and unexpected weather is the risk we all take while cruising. Sorry to hear your two port cancellations. Ive met two captains on the Glory and both were always overtly concerned about the safety of the ship and its passengers. Veering off course to avoid weather is not so easy as one may make it out to appear especially around the Bahamas and Caicos islands. I like rough seas but this sounds a little too rough for leisure. Glad you recieved a discount for next cruise. Love the Glory though, wish I could sail on it more, or a spirit class ship.

I'm still looking for where there was a disaster. I see you got married and ship happened. What may not seem like high winds to you may be unsafe to dock a large vessel safely.

But in my experience some seem to think they know more then those who have done this time and time again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You should've listened when I said "read again love" .. we are NOT upset about missing ports, we are upset about the way carnival handled the whole situation.. blatantly lying, rushing us around resulting in everyone getting sick.. I didn't even mention the offensive comments I witness from the cruise director himself. We made our honeymoon the best we could make it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't point out the wrong that carnival did to us by trying to mask their mistake.

I did love. I read and reread it, twice!!! Again, if life gives you lemons, rip off your stinky shoes and stomp on those lemons and make lemonade. Preaching to to the masses (or in this case, complaining) isn't going to get you a thing. You know the old saying, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. So how about you being nice and compliment on something nice that happened to you on the cruise. Complaining about something like this isn't going to help your case or cause.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was also on this supposed "disaster" of a cruise. I had a good time. In fact I am still having a good time on the same ship this week. I still had two nice port days, all the food I could eat, great service, and good entertainment, and on top of that they hand me a 25% off discount that, while I don't think that they had to discount anythig, I will use it. I said it on the ship, and I will say it again now. Carnival should have given in to the whiny protestors right there on the ship. They should have refunded them their money in full. Then they should have put there butts in a lifeboat and sent them on there merry way. And as far as the rude comments to the man in the Q&A goes, the cd was NOT the rude one. That man was one of the rudest people I have ever seen. What is Carnival supposed to do? Do everything in every language for every guest on the ship. The man just kept on and on like he was the most important person there and Eric the cd tried to explain why they could not do what he was asking. The man just kept going on and on. Finally at the urging of many in the crowd, the Q&A continued. There was another incident like this out in the lobby. The fun squad girl was trying to do trivia and this woman barged right up to her and started just going off in another language. The poor fun squad girl was trying to tell her that she did not speak her language but the woman just kept ranting. Another team member came out and they finally got the woman off the stage.

Edited by dragonclaw74