Which ship for first Alaska cruise?

LuvTheSea14

This is the husband typing. My wife did a Princess cruise with some friends and was VERY disappointed. Buffet was a joke. She said it was about the size of the Great Outdoors on the Jewel Class ships (which is pretty darn small for a cruise ship buffet). They were 2 groups that equaled a party of 8 but were not allowed to eat together even though they had signed up for anytime dining (both parties signed up for a table of 8). She had to pay extra for turndown service that was never done.

All cruise lines have their good and bad but my wifes personal experience confirmed how much better NCL is than Princess for us.

Was she told that the buffet has two sides not just one side. The buffet on most ships takes up a quarter of the Lido deck either up front (Coral & Island) or the back on the rest.

We never have paid for turn down service on a Princess , Holland America , Celebrity or RCI.

This is the husband typing. My wife did a Princess cruise with some friends and was VERY disappointed. Buffet was a joke. She said it was about the size of the Great Outdoors on the Jewel Class ships (which is pretty darn small for a cruise ship buffet). They were 2 groups that equaled a party of 8 but were not allowed to eat together even though they had signed up for anytime dining (both parties signed up for a table of 8). She had to pay extra for turndown service that was never done.

All cruise lines have their good and bad but my wifes personal experience confirmed how much better NCL is than Princess for us.

Friends of ours did both NCL and Carnival a few times.

NCL they found to have a tendency to charge for every little thing .

Driving the actual cost up. This was before their promotions that they have now.