Cruise Parking in New Orleans

grammak

• 9 months later...
should I make a reservation for covered parking or can we just go to the garage and pay? is the price any different? will I risk not getting a space if I don't make a reservation?

You can do either way. I've always paid online ahead of time and then just give them my receipt at the garage. People outside hold signs that I think are up to $14/day right now. I don't know if they add taxes and fees on top of that or not. If I go online right now and pay for a 7 day cruise it's $13/day plus $5 service fee, plus $9.36 tax which brings the total to $92.36. If you are willing to park on the roof you can get that for $72.20...you cannot get that price at the garage...only online.

As for how busy they are I try to cruise just after summer and just before spring break when they aren't as busy and there are less families on the ships. I'd say the garage is about 1/2 full those times. The time I cruised in July I'd say it was 3/4 full. I don't think you'll have trouble driving up and getting a spot any time of year.

You can do either way. I've always paid online ahead of time and then just give them my receipt at the garage. People outside hold signs that I think are up to $14/day right now. I don't know if they add taxes and fees on top of that or not. If I go online right now and pay for a 7 day cruise it's $13/day plus $5 service fee, plus $9.36 tax which brings the total to $92.36. If you are willing to park on the roof you can get that for $72.20...you cannot get that price at the garage...only online.

As for how busy they are I try to cruise just after summer and just before spring break when they aren't as busy and there are less families on the ships. I'd say the garage is about 1/2 full those times. The time I cruised in July I'd say it was 3/4 full. I don't think you'll have trouble driving up and getting a spot any time of year.

thanks for the reply. we are cruising in mid May. (before memorial day) we also like to cruise after school starts in the fall and before it ends in May. we avoid spring break at all costs! I will probably book online but I didn't know if I needed to do this VERY early or if I forgot altogether, I would not get a space.:p

thanks for the reply. we are cruising in mid May. (before memorial day) we also like to cruise after school starts in the fall and before it ends in May. we avoid spring break at all costs! I will probably book online but I didn't know if I needed to do this VERY early or if I forgot altogether, I would not get a space.:p

Oh yeah you'll be fine. Garage will probably be half full. If you venture to the upper levels they'll be mostly empty.

You know the Breeze sails out of Galveston not New Orleans right?