Getaway: Where to watch NFL games?

Seatbelt_Bag_LOVE

Going on the Getaway next Sunday & I am wondering where is a good place to watch the NFL games? We want to watch the Packer game which starts at 3pm. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Came here to ask the same question- looks like we'll be watching the game at O'Sheehans!

Well, shoot. How long does it take (this is my first cruise)? Can we skip it- I think there's a mandatory one the next day if you miss it on embarkation day?

It only lasts about 15 minutes. Most of that time is just waiting for everyone. No you cannot miss it. And everything will be closed while this is taking place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite to watch any FB game is Spice; love the jumbotron with the ocean view and air.

I would get there early for a table/seat....it fills up quickly!

Going on the Getaway next Sunday & I am wondering where is a good place to watch the NFL games? We want to watch the Packer game which starts at 3pm. Thank you!!

Do they put the games on the big screen over the pool deck like other cruise lines???

We like to sit outside and watch it on that screen, but we can go to the bar if needed.

We are on Epic this coming Saturday and I think the play off games are on Sunday so the boys will be very happy!

Thanks for the replies!! It sucks that the Muster drill is at 330! I was kind of thinking that there might be a conflict there. Do you know how I can figure out where my muster station will be? I'm in room 14242.

Your key card will give you what station you're to go to - your stateroom will show what location this is.

I also had to miss some of my Steelers while going through the muster drill. It does not last long and all TVs are turned off during this time, so there is no use in skipping the drill. On my cruise 1/8 on the Getaway they did not play the game on the big screen in the Atrium. Only small screens at O'Sheehans and Sunset Bar that I saw - not sure about other places

Hi!!! We will be on the ship with you. Unfortunately our Chiefs were not able to win although they scored the only two touchdowns of the game! As for the Packers, now that Jordy is injured (will he actually try to play with injured ribs?!!!) I don't have as much interest in the game. :( Jody is an alumni of Kansas State University, my DH and my Alma Mater!!!! My DH loves Mr. Brady so during any Pats game he is plastered to the screen and will only move away to use the bathroom and refill his Jack Daniels!

Hope to bump into you on the ship or the Meet and Greet. We will TRY to make it there. We've have never been on the Platinum ship tour and are wanting to go this cruise to see what goes on behind the scenes. We think it may start at 9 and go for 90 minutes. That would give us time to get to Cagney's by 11 for the M&G. Other than recognizing me with my ocean battered woven cowboy hat with a KSU Willie Wildcat on the front of it, just look for two early 50 year olds who act quite immature and have huge smiles on their faces. That will certainly be us! I have our pic on our Roll Call page (the last or next to the last page.)

ry%3D400

Edited by realcindylouwho

Hi!!! We will be on the ship with you. Unfortunately our Chiefs were not able to win although they scored the only two touchdowns of the game! As for the Packers, now that Jordy is injured (will he actually try to play with injured ribs?!!!) I don't have as much interest in the game. :( Jody is an alumni of Kansas State University, my DH and my Alma Mater!!!! My DH loves Mr. Brady so during any Pats game he is plastered to the screen and will only move away to use the bathroom and refill his Jack Daniels!

Hope to bump into you on the ship or the Meet and Greet. We will TRY to make it there. We've have never been on the Platinum ship tour and are wanting to go this cruise to see what goes on behind the scenes. We think it may start at 9 and go for 90 minutes. That would give us time to get to Cagney's by 11 for the M&G. Other than recognizing me with my ocean battered woven cowboy hat with a KSU Willie Wildcat on the front of it, just look for two early 50 year olds who act quite immature and have huge smiles on their faces. That will certainly be us! I have our pic on our Roll Call page (the last or next to the last page.)

ry%3D400

Aww! Jordy is my favorite!! [emoji172][emoji169] You may spot us! We will be sporting our Packer gear and my husband will be wearing a Jordy Nelson jersey!

I have an extremely poor track record of making it to the meet and greet, but I am going to try! If you see us, say hi! I'll keep an eye out for you!!

We were on Getaway last year during the Super Bowl and it was on every screen on the ship. We watched it on the big tv at Spice H2O although the first game will conflict with the sail away so that might no be an option. I'm sure they will have it on the atrium screen. and Maltings and O'Sheehans